The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

On 9/21/2020 at 4:31 PM, RUPERTKBD said:

I'm somewhat indifferent to the Hawks, even though I cheered for them back in the Zorn / Largent era....

....but I'm a football fan and it drives me nuts when teams shoot themselves in the foot. (Except when it's a team in the Bills' division, or the Cowboys) There's no other word for that play call: it was stupid. Just like the throw in the Super Bowl.

I honestly think the rest of Seattle's coaching staff should stage an intervention...."Okay Pete, whatever stupid call you're thinking of right now, think again!"

Damn, going way back! Im not a fan of the Hawks myself but was a fan of some of the players they've had over the years, a young Joey Galloway, Chris Warren, Richard Sherman. No disrespect to Walter Jones, but Steve Hutchinson was just as big of a catalyst in those tough running Hawks teams with Shaun Alexander.

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Well no Cam now so... Stidham in his first nfl start against Mahomes in arrowhead lol 

Chiefs are telling thier players the game will be delayed until tuesday.  Thought I read postponed.

https://twitter.com/JamesPalmerTV/status/1312423944604049410?s=20

Edited by Tre Mac

23 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Chiefs are telling thier players the game will be delayed until tuesday.  Thought I read postponed.

https://twitter.com/JamesPalmerTV/status/1312423944604049410?s=20

Yeah, Sportsnet is saying there were positive tests on both teams, but they say they're only moving it to Monday or Tuesday. (Not sure what difference that makes :unsure:)

I wonder if any of the Raiders or Ravens will test positive now.....

Don’t know if I agree with making a team hop on a 4 hour flight on the same day they play. Would never fly in the nhl making the Canucks fly out in the morning to Winnipeg or Ottawa and play that night.

We weren’t gonna win with Hoyer/Stidham anyways but the risk for injury is much higher 

18 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Make America's Team Great Again 

Maybe they should start here first. Their D is awful. 

Yes! This has been a massive problem for them in the past too. Alton Smith was a big add, but they just...I don't know.

Garrett was an issue, but it's even more clear now that the roster still has holes.

19 minutes ago, c00kies said:

Yes! This has been a massive problem for them in the past too. Alton Smith was a big add, but they just...I don't know.

Garrett was an issue, but it's even more clear now that the roster still has holes.

I saw poor coaching there.

On OBJ's 50 yard run at the end when it was a 3 point game, 3 Dallas guys just tapped him on the back or shoulder, 0 effort in trying to bring him down.

1 minute ago, NucksPatsFan said:

I saw poor coaching there.

On OBJ's 50 yard run at the end when it was a 3 point game, 3 Dallas guys just tapped him on the back or shoulder, 0 effort in trying to bring him down.

Yeah, I was watching that play and my friend even said "is this two-hand touch".

My Packers buddy was happy McCarthy left Green Bay, and I'm starting to see why, but there still needs to be more done. Maybe a whole new scheme defensively, I don't know, but they always struggle to beat the really good teams and I attribute it to poor defense and untimely turnovers.

4 hours ago, c00kies said:

Yeah, I was watching that play and my friend even said "is this two-hand touch".

My Packers buddy was happy McCarthy left Green Bay, and I'm starting to see why, but there still needs to be more done. Maybe a whole new scheme defensively, I don't know, but they always struggle to beat the really good teams and I attribute it to poor defense and untimely turnovers.

From an article at the NFL website:

"The Dallas defense under  [defensive coach Mike] Nolan has been a mess. Sunday's 307 rush yards allowed to the Browns was the most in a single game in Cowboys history. The 126 points allowed over the past three games is the most in any three-game span in team history. And the 38-plus points allowed in three consecutive games is the first time a Cowboys club did so since 1960, the first year of the franchise's existence.

We've been looking at a historically bad Cowboys defense. Defenses around the NFL have been mostly bad to start the 2020 season, but Dallas takes the cake."

https://www.nfl.com/news/stephen-jones-cowboys-have-no-plans-of-making-drastic-coaching-changes-after-1-3