The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

You make good points. I get chirped all the time about 18-1, losing to Eli twice..etc. and don't fall back on 3 super bowl wins cause the people that chirp me (friends) are Steelers and 49ers fans, and one Packers fan. But they're realistic fans, something I find a lot Seahawks fans aren't. My friend who's a Packers fan doesn't think his team is the greatest in the NFL and it'll be an easy ride to the Super Bowl..etc. He knows their defense has problems and they need to consistently establish the run game. Whereas some of the Seahawks fans on my facebook are already planning the Super Bowl parade route.

The NFL is a week to week league. The Seahawks could only put up 12 points against the Panthers, against whom the Bills put up 24 points. The 49ers offense exploded in week 1, but was shut down in week 2. That's why I hate arguing about what's going to happen because you don't know. All you can look forward to is the matches every week, and after about week 12, start looking forward to the games that have playoff implications.

By all means, I'd love for my friends (the few that are legit Seahawks fans) to be able to celebrate a super bowl victory. I was happy for one of my best friends when the Ravens won last year. But UNTIL you do, stop acting like you've already won it. I'm not saying that specifically towards someone, just in general.

Well it's great that your default position is Seattle fans arn't legit and are unrealistic. :rolleyes: Sports are supposed to be fun and Seahawks fans have reason to be really excited this year. I'm sure there are some that take it too far but you make it seem like that's something unique to Seahawks fans. And who freaking cares that they've never won anything...do you have to win something to get amped up about your team?!? Should everyone at CLink just shut the hell up because their isn't a super bowl banner?!? Is that really how sports works? Give me a break dude. I don't know who all your thousands of Hawk friends are but the ones I know are just happy to have a really good team to cheer for. Not too much championship talk this early in the season.

You may be the biggest buzzkill in this thread but I won't paint all Pats fans as that. ;)

The NFL is a week to week league. The Seahawks could only put up 12 points against the Panthers, against whom the Bills put up 24 points. The 49ers offense exploded in week 1, but was shut down in week 2. That's why I hate arguing about what's going to happen because you don't know. All you can look forward to is the matches every week, and after about week 12, start looking forward to the games that have playoff implications.

Well why did you bring it up then? You also brought up the Falcons in week 10.

On a lot of NFL.com articles regarding the Seahawks, Seahawks fans flood the comment section about not getting any respect and post things like "Oh the Seahawks could win the Super Bowl and CBS still wouldn't know who we are."

I'm on nfl.com every day and I see the same thing from 9ers, pats, broncos, packers, bears, giants, cowboys etc...fans every day as well so what's your point? I think the bottom line is that site needs some better mods. There is way too much pointless mud slinging going on and people say some really nasty stuff on there with no consequences. Did you see the stuff between packers and niners fans before and after week 1? Open your eyes man, your bias is clouding your judgement.

So i guess the nfl thread has turned into a pats fans vs hawks fan page. Somebody (not me, dont know how) should just create a rivalry thread or something so i dont have to scroll through a whole page to find two relevant posts about football.

haha yeah.. honestly I'm a conservative Pats fan.. I don't go out saying we're the best and be one of those obnoxious fans.. I'm not much of a Hawks supporter, mainly because I find them annoying now that a lot of my friends who watch football only post about Seattle and nobody else (even though they like other teams) so I have a slight hate for them. And Richard Sherman doesn't help.. but they are a good team and I will watch them depending on which team is playing against them

Ya kinda disappointing with all his off field stuff. Before his ACL injury a couple years back I think he was on the verge of becoming one of the better receivers in the NFL.

Wasn't that right around the same time Locker got the starting job? I don't watch nearly enough titans games but it seemed like you guys had a nice trio of wide outs there, but they don't get ever get any yards. Is Locker on the hot seat there at all or still on a free pass?

Wasn't that right around the same time Locker got the starting job? I don't watch nearly enough titans games but it seemed like you guys had a nice trio of wide outs there, but they don't get ever get any yards. Is Locker on the hot seat there at all or still on a free pass?

Ya i'm in the same boat as you in i don't watch alot of titans games, but from what i've heard on tv and things it sounds like Locker is solidified as the starter this year and I think it depends on how the team does. If they finish poor enough to get either Bridgewater or Boyd in the draft they will probably go with them, but if not probably stick with Locker.

Read a great article today comparing the 06 Patriots to the current Patriots. Brought back a lot of strange memories. I remember that season having Reche Caldwell and Gaffney as our top receivers, and Ben Watson was supposed to be a break out tight end.

Anyways, the article pointed out similarities, such as the previous year's top receivers (Branch and Givens) had just left, the new guys were unheard of and unreliable and weren't familiar with the system (this year's Dobson, Thompkins and Sudfeld). Back then first 2 games were won against the Bills and Jets by narrow margins too. So on and So forth. The point the article eventually made was that as weeks went on, Caldwell and Gaffney under the tutelage of Troy Brown became better system receivers in Brady and Belichick's system and gained chemistry, which lead the Pats to the AFCCG.

I remember watching the divisional round game vs the Chargers, in San Diego, who were unbeaten at home.. Man, still get goosebumps thinking about it. The biggest goosebump memory is Brady throwing an interception, and one of the Patriots all time greats and fan favorites Troy Brown runs back and strips the ball, and Caldwell falls on it, which lead to a Brady TD to Caldwell. And then, where I lost my voice: Chargers kicker, forget who it was at the time, missed the game tying field goal and the Patriots rushed on to the field to celebrate.

Even though we lost to the Colts in the AFCCG (barely, all credit due to Manning pulling that amazing come back, but the Patriots could have won it if not for 2 key drops), that was one of my favorite seasons as a Pats fan just because we were considered under dogs, people wrote off Brady saying now we'll see the "real" Brady when he doesn't have clutch receivers to rely on..etc.

Reche Caldwell had a HUGE game that day, which gives me hope for Dobson and Thompkins who possess far more raw skill and talent than Caldwell ever did, and just hope the rookie jitters go away and they can start making plays and more importantly catching the ball.

Not saying history will repeat itself and I expect to be back in the AFCCG, the back of my mind I already think that Denver has the AFC locked up this year barring any more serious injuries, but just makes me feel good about the future: a young, solid defense getting better every year, a relatively young O-line, super young receivers and we still got a few good years of Brady left.

Edited by NucksPatsFan

Colts about to make a big deal?

Jim Irsay@JimIrsay40m

OMG...the Earth is SHAKING!!!!! Shock and AWE is coming VERY SOON!!!!!!!

Jim Irsay@JimIrsay39m

Colts Nation...are you sitting DOWN!!!!!!

Jim Irsay@JimIrsay38m

Announcement coming SOON!!!!

Jim Irsay@JimIrsay23m

This day of MONSTER TRADE,The Tidal Wave Of Deal making...Shocks the system of "..Didn't see THIS ONE COMING!!!!!!" Grig's Rollin' Dice!

Ya i'm in the same boat as you in i don't watch alot of titans games, but from what i've heard on tv and things it sounds like Locker is solidified as the starter this year and I think it depends on how the team does. If they finish poor enough to get either Bridgewater or Boyd in the draft they will probably go with them, but if not probably stick with Locker.

I think it was still Young/Collins when Britt was having his breakout year, before the knee injury. I wouldn't say he is on the hot seat, because he is all they have. They could turn to Fitzpatrick though, but that would probably be worse.

Falcons? Matt Ryan + S Jax + J. Jones + R. White + T. Gonzalez

Add in a pretty decent secondary and a strong front 7.

Matt Ryan and company choke year in year out! Don't see it any different this year. Roddy, Jackson, and Gonzalez are going to be injured to often for this team to do much.