Tony Romo

NFL thread

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Well, let's see:  the Cowboys have a poor defense, a decimated offensive line, and now they've lost their starting quarterback for who knows how long.

 

All in all, I'd say they have a good chance of winning the NFC East.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In Russ we trust!!!  That man is the most clutch players since Montana in his prime.  This guy wow... Even with Vikings (Zimmer) bone head 4th down try... Man Wilson he's a champ and he will go down as top 3 best QB's of all time.

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't really blame Viking's Zimmerman going for on 4th and one when the Vikings were ramming the ball down the Seahawk's throat with runs of 5, 10, 15 yds  previous to the turnover.  You would think the odds are good for making a measly 1 yd.    Also, Zimmerman knew Wilson was explosive with anytime left so he wanted to kill more time and perhaps get a TD to put Seattle away.   He could have to play it safe with a field goal.  Instead he was aggressive with his decision making.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DonLever said:

Can't really blame Viking's Zimmerman going for on 4th and one when the Vikings were ramming the ball down the Seahawk's throat with runs of 5, 10, 15 yds  previous to the turnover.  You would think the odds are good for making a measly 1 yd.    Also, Zimmerman knew Wilson was explosive with anytime left so he wanted to kill more time and perhaps get a TD to put Seattle away.   He could have to play it safe with a field goal.  Instead he was aggressive with his decision making.

If he'd gone for the field goal it's an 8 point game.  At the very worst the game would have gone to overtime.  Regardless, I get it, he was playing the percentages... But you just don't bet against Russ, 9 times out of 10 you'll loose.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a fan of Dak's but man, absolutely tough break for a good player and even better person. Overrated or not, the guy deserves to play another down in the NFL, hopefully he heals up and plays again whether its in Dallas or somewhere else

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hogs & Podz said:

If he'd gone for the field goal it's an 8 point game.  At the very worst the game would have gone to overtime.  Regardless, I get it, he was playing the percentages... But you just don't bet against Russ, 9 times out of 10 you'll loose.   

I don't blame Zimmer for going for it, but you have to give credit where its due, Seahawks made a big play when it mattered, That throw to DK in the endzone for the game winner, my gosh, the ball placement on that throw. Russ shot that ball out of the cannon and hit DK between the 1 and the 4 on his jersey with 2 defenders on him. BIG time throw from the undisputed best QB playing right now

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Hogs & Podz said:

In Russ we trust!!!  That man is the most clutch players since Montana in his prime.  This guy wow... Even with Vikings (Zimmer) bone head 4th down try... Man Wilson he's a champ and he will go down as top 3 best QB's of all time.

Yup, when the Vikings didn't get the first down, I and probably everyone watching knew, Russ was going to win it. Hardly suprising

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Pears said:

I’m over the Zac Taylor experiment. 

He's a terrible play caller. Im not fans of head coaches getting jobs because they were QB coaches from their previous tenure, people just assumed Taylor was Sean McVay which he's not. For a guy like Burrow, a veteran head coach/coordinator would be more ideal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love bet365

 

a 17 point lead = a win for NFL 

 

My Chargers +280 massive underdog bet triggered as a win at 20-3 even though it’s 27-27 now lol. 

  • Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2020 at 7:58 PM, UnkNuk said:

Well, let's see:  the Cowboys have a poor defense, a decimated offensive line, and now they've lost their starting quarterback for who knows how long.

 

All in all, I'd say they have a good chance of winning the NFC East.

Andy Dalton is no chump. You give Dalton a good supporting cast, he's pretty good and this is by FAR the best team he's ever played for. If Dalton can just play safe, the Cowboys should win the east. The knock on Dalton even if he posts nice numbers, he throws an INT in the worst possible time. The Cowboys are going to be riding Zeke and CeeDee the rest of the way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know the Dolphins are doing pretty good with Fitz but man, I'd almost be curious to see Tua would look under center with Herbert and Burrow doing pretty well. Herbert is having an incredible season, better than I thought, but make no mistake about it, hes not on Tua's level in terms of talent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2020 at 1:17 AM, filthycanuck said:

Im not buying DK Metcalf has hof potential, if anything, I'll go the other way that he's just a fringe WR thats a product of an amazing QB that he has. He'll more or less get the same stats he got last year, but nothing mind blowing. He's athlete yes, but he has no where, absolutely NO WHERE has the talent of a Calvin Johnson. CJ can actually run routes and has consistent hands. He'll be more like Koren Robinson. A lot of hype, get a few nice seasons but nothing memorable. The guy who I think will ascend to stardom this year is AJ Brown from the Titans. He looks like a young TO

DK is easily one of the best athletes I've ever seen in my life. Just a matter of time before he's the best WR in the league. 

 

 

Through their first 21 career games:

Terrell Owens - 47 catches, 734 yards, 6 TDs Randy Moss - 90 catches, 1,678 yards, 20 TDs

Calvin Johnson - 71 catches, 1,133 yards, 7 TDs

Julio Jones - 80 catches, 1,272 yards, 12 TDs

DK Metcalf - 80 catches, 1,396 yards, 12 TDs

Edited by Van40

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 4:19 AM, filthycanuck said:

Chase Claypool is an absolute stud and a half. I really wished my Broncos picked him over KJ Hamler

Careful, he got to feast on one of the worst pass defenses in the league. Jim is probably gone after this year as d-coordinator for the Eagles, as other players have played fine in different schemes on different teams that had struggled under his. Plus it has been an issue for years.

 

The Eagles O-line is decimated further with Lane Johnson attempting to play the rest of the year with an injured right leg. The Eagles should pack it in, even if the NFC East is a joke.

 

Also, I think the Cowboys will do better with Dalton over Dak, and Dak and his money will be gone in the off-season to help the Cowboys defense.

 

I'm still mad Eagles passed on DK Metcalf, so seeing him develop further hurts even more.

Edited by c00kies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Van40 said:

DK is easily one of the best athletes I've ever seen in my life. Just a matter of time before he's the best WR in the league. 

 

 

Through their first 21 career games:

Terrell Owens - 47 catches, 734 yards, 6 TDs Randy Moss - 90 catches, 1,678 yards, 20 TDs

Calvin Johnson - 71 catches, 1,133 yards, 7 TDs

Julio Jones - 80 catches, 1,272 yards, 12 TDs

DK Metcalf - 80 catches, 1,396 yards, 12 TDs

Me every time I’m reminded we drafted Drew Sample over Metcalf

A2E197CF-A086-4700-AF29-AA012168A590.jpeg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Pears said:

Me every time I’m reminded we drafted Drew Sample over Metcalf

A2E197CF-A086-4700-AF29-AA012168A590.jpeg

I believe the Eagles drafted JJaw before Metcalf too, and JJaw made his first catch of the season last game.

Edited by c00kies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.