The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

18 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

As a Gator fan I really want to see the other Kyle in a Pats jersey next year and they could use him.  Bet the Gator receiving core has more talent than the Pats sans Jules.

And as a Sooner fan, I very much enjoyed watching Kyler get the W over the Seahawks....(even though I have nothing against Seattle) :)

• Cheers 1

21 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

I refuse to watch another series that Cam is in at QB. He should’ve been cut after the first quarter.

I won’t be watching the 2nd half if Stidham isn’t playing. 

This is inexcusable to keep clearly the worst starting QB in the nfl, and likely below a few back ups, in. 

Its the past injuries I think to Cam's arm is the problem. Its the same thing that I was seeing in Carolina and is starting to creep up this season. Cam's arm looks terrific the first 2-3 games , but then his accuracy just goes down the drain. The lack of personnel doesn't help either, I saw part of the game yesterday and some of those throws were just gastly

21 hours ago, Pears said:

What makes this even more painful is that we could just as easily be 5-2 or 4-3 as we are 1-5-1. 

That was a crazy game! Burrow and Baker trading blows. But year you're right, i think probably 4-3 is more realistic. I still don't get that Offensive PI on AJ Green in the opener, just got robbed

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

And as a Sooner fan, I very much enjoyed watching Kyler get the W over the Seahawks....(even though I have nothing against Seattle) :)

Slowly becoming more of a college fan tbh.

7 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

I've been an Oklahoma fan for around 45 years. First time I ever saw US College Football was when PG first got cable (yes, I'm that old)

The Sooners put the boots to Nebraska that day and I've been a fan ever since.

3 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

Its the past injuries I think to Cam's arm is the problem. Its the same thing that I was seeing in Carolina and is starting to creep up this season. Cam's arm looks terrific the first 2-3 games , but then his accuracy just goes down the drain. The lack of personnel doesn't help either, I saw part of the game yesterday and some of those throws were just gastly

It's not even that his arm is weak, he can't read for sh*t. 

Mike Reiss did a great breakdown of all the plays Cam missed wide open receivers while not under pressure. Yeah, meaning standing straight up in the pocket examining the field. 

I really wanna root for the guy, I do, but if he put as much effort into watching film as he does into his outfits, we could at least be 3-3. 

7 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Mike Reiss did a great breakdown of all the plays Cam missed wide open receivers while not under pressure. Yeah, meaning standing straight up in the pocket examining the field. 

I really wanna root for the guy, I do, but if he put as much effort into watching film as he does into his outfits, we could at least be 3-3. 

Wentz has the highest INTS and worst completion percentage in the league but I get your point...

10 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Oh Im not ,saying its weak at all, just saying that that with all the injuries hes had on that shoulder, he's having trouble controlling where the ball is going. And yah you're right as well, he can't read defences which was already a problem when he was a Panther. Cam needs big WRs to make up his lack of accuracy, and now his team is not only is he on a team where the WRs are smurfs, he's counted on having precision and timing which he already doesn't have. Thats part of the reason why he even has those shoulder problems, he'd rely so much on his arm to make up for the timing. I thought McDaniels had something going where they were really trying to run a full RPO offence ie. Tim Tebow playbook but I don't know. Tebow had at the very least decent personnel to actually catch the ball and they were able to get separation from the DBs

I don't want to blame it all on Cam though, when guys opt out, like Pat Chung and Donta Hightower, thats going to make a big difference. Other than Gilmore, I don't even know any other guy that plays on their defence (jawhaun bentley was one of my IDP in one of my leagues, and hes f-ing awful)

On 10/25/2020 at 10:10 PM, Toyotasfan said:

Disappointing, but hats off to Arizona for sticking around and snatching victory from a Seattle team that had this game all the way. Russel Wilson has bailed his defence out for the first 5 games, tonight he had 3 picks and the defence was every bit as lousy. It’s a tight race in the division now.

The NFC West is the baddest division in the NFC, any one of those teams can win the division. If the 49ers keep their head above water enough to get some healthy bodies back, it could be interesting. Kyler Murray must be the most exciting player to watch right now. My gawd, the guy should have the nickname "The Flash". When a blitz comes, he pretty much dissappears, next thing you know, hes near the sticks. A guy in my league has him, and Kyler is basically accounting for 30% of his points every week

On 10/26/2020 at 3:52 PM, NucksPatsFan said:

He's not a terrible player, but the fit couldn't possibly be worse, on and off the field.

On 10/28/2020 at 4:52 PM, King Heffy said:

He's not a terrible player, but the fit couldn't possibly be worse, on and off the field.

Not a good fit at all. He woud've been a lot better if he was a Charger although Justin Herbert has worked out really well for them. I never thought Herbert was going to end up THIS good, wow, what a stud. Add him to this incredible 2020 draft class where the QBs and Wrs are all making waves. A lot of surprising names that I thought would take 2-3 years are already making an impact. Jefferson, Claypool even Tee Higgins looks like a real solid possession type WR like a Keenan McCardell in his prime

21 hours ago, Van40 said:

Mike Brown continues his run as one of the worst owners/executives in sports

We'll take him.

Man, our starting 3 receivers this week are Meyers, Byrd and Olszewski with Ryan Izzo starting at tight end and 3 3rd string OL starting.

@RUPERTKBD and @SabreFan1 enjoy the double-u tomorrow. I won't even blame Cam tomorrow. 

No Gilmore either now. Wow. 

Edited by NucksPatsFan
  • Cheers 1

On 10/26/2020 at 3:14 PM, Tre Mac said:

Not much of a college football fan, but one of the best football games Ive ever seen was that USC vs Texas Longhorns game a while back, Vince Young vs Leinhart, Bush, Lendale White, incredible game! Such a shame most of those guys ended up washing out from the big leagues