The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

1 hour ago, c00kies said:

Who do people think will win the NFC East?

I'm thinking:

Giants

Cowboys

Eagles

Redskins

Whoever wins the week against the Red Skins vs Cowboys is gonna take the division lead.  No chance in France the eagles beat the Hawks.  I mean I wish they will but it won't happen.

On 11/25/2020 at 12:57 PM, c00kies said:

Who do people think will win the NFC East?

I'm thinking:

Giants

Cowboys

Eagles

Redskins

Its going to be between the Giants and the WSH football team. They both have a defence and probably the least likely to turn it over unlike the Eagles and the Cowboys. I'll give the edge to the WSH though, they have a pretty underrated defence and with A.Smith in the helm, he'll be conservative but safe with the ball

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

Its going to be between the Giants and the WSH football team. They both have a defence and probably the least likely to turn it over unlike the Eagles and the Cowboys. I'll give the edge to the WSH though, they have a pretty underrated defence and with A.Smith in the helm, he'll be conservative but safe with the ball

I'm not going to lie, I forgot about Alex Smith when I made my rankings lol. 

The cowboys defense is just abysmal.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

What does everyone think about McCarthy's fake punt call?

1) Dumb

2) Uber Dumb

3) Pete Carroll-esque

I mean they had it if the punter made even a 1% try at blocking his guy (who ended up making the tackle).

If you re-watch it, the punter just jogs right by him, not really knowing what he's supposed to do, and might've of even been looking for a pass?

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

I mean they had it if the punter made even a 1% try at blocking his guy (who ended up making the tackle).

If you re-watch it, the punter just jogs right by him, not really knowing what he's supposed to do, and might've of even been looking for a pass?

When a play fails, you can usually point to something that caused it to fail.....the question is, was it a smart move to bet against someone failing to do their job in that situation?

• Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

When a play fails, you can usually point to something that caused it to fail.....the question is, was it a smart move to bet against someone failing to do their job in that situation?

I didn't like the philosophy to call the play with basically the entire quarter still left to go in a 4 point game.

But had the punter even just tripped in front of the WSH player, or just taken a seat, or even breathed near him, McCarthy could've looked like a genius. (Just to 3 and out right after likely).

• Cheers 2

11 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

What does everyone think about McCarthy's fake punt call?

1) Dumb

2) Uber Dumb

3) Pete Carroll-esque

One of the most bone headed calls I have ever seen and I have been watching football for 5 decades.   Reminds me of the Seahawks when they joined the NFL in 1976 and they resorted to a lot of trick plays in the first few seasons.  Like plenty of fake punts, fake field goals, and going for it on 4th down in their own end zone.

Basically it was the turning point of the game.  With Dallas behind by only 4 points, 20-16, with 10 minutes left, it was totally unnecessary to go for it on 4th and 10 on your own 24.  So on the turnover Washington scored a touchdown and the Cowboys did not get a single point after it.