The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Well, there goes the Patriots chances of making the playoffs.   Payback time for the Rams for losing to NE couple of years ago in SB.

Clearly Patriots need a QB, either through draft or free agency as Newton is not cutting it.   Cam Newton is a great athlete but a very poor passer.

Too bad, Lawrence and Fields are out of their reach.  Maybe someone else from college ranks?   

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, DonLever said:

Well, there goes the Patriots chances of making the playoffs.   Payback time for the Rams for losing to NE couple of years ago in SB.

Clearly Patriots need a QB, either through draft or free agency as Newton is not cutting it.   Cam Newton is a great athlete but a very poor passer.

Too bad, Lawrence and Fields are out of their reach.  Maybe someone else from college ranks?   

I’ll take the ring, they can have the non conference non division week 12 win. 

Some think Trey Lance could top Fields for the 2nd QB spot. I’d be thrilled to get Lance in the mid 1st round. 

Zach Wilson could be a sneaky steal. Having a great statistical season and QB gurus are in love with his mechanics. Seems like a Belichick type guy. 

1 hour ago, DonLever said:

Meanwhile:

image.png.c0aba70c1337e0401374b8c815002d5a.png

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AriGold2.0 said:

That's one of my concerns, they get up too much and it's Carson/Hyde time... Also lots of rain tomorrow in Seattle...

Yahoo has Herbert at good odds to have a boom week.  Atlanta's defence is also pretty stinky.  I'm starting Herbert this week for my team.

Y'all see that girl play in a college football game today as a kicker and scored the extra. She also the keeper for the women's soccer team there.

Kind of an anomaly seeing mixed contact sports with the differences in physiques even though I know it is contactless position.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/football/article/sarah-fuller-becomes-first-woman-score-point-power-5-football-history/

Edited by Junkyard Dog

19 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Y'all see that girl play in a college football game today as a kicker and scored the extra. She also the keeper for the women's soccer team there.

Kind of an anomaly seeing mixed contact sports with the differences in physiques even though I know it is contactless position.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/football/article/sarah-fuller-becomes-first-woman-score-point-power-5-football-history/

She originally was brought to the team because both of their kickers were on Covid protocol....they were shut out in her first game, then last week, they didn't play.

According to the story I saw, both of the other kickers were actually back on the roster for this game, but the HC sent her out there for the PAT anyway. (He said that a FG of any length would have been taken by the regular kicker)

Pretty classy gesture.

Jalen Hurts decent first game all things considered. Not ready to annoint him as the franchise guy or the saviour moving forward though.

Wasn't expecting him to rush for over 100 yards and have more carries than the Eagles RBs dont think  that is really sustainable down the stretch.

Looks calm out there and decisive unlike Wentz who moves around like a wounded donkey.

Teams are going to catch up to Hurts take off running style by spying and/or blitzing him and by forcing him to throw when they have more tape.

The Saints clearly adjusted a lot in the second half.

Will be interesting to see what he looks like against the Cardinals now that they have some NFL tape to prepare for him with.

Overall solid debut lot of things to clean up though.

@Rosalie73 only way NFC east teams win the bowl is if others teams are forced to start an emergency qb like the Broncos did because of Rona'.