The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

On 12/10/2020 at 6:08 PM, NucksPatsFan said:

I really don’t understand why Cam is still starting. He hasn’t won any games. All our W’s have been Harris or the defense. 

At least Stidham makes the defense think there might be a pass. 

He's looking worse and worse as the season goes on, Im suprised that they haven't bothered to put Stidham or Hoyer in

42 minutes ago, c00kies said:

Traded to the Pats for decently cheap and then thrive under Belli :P 

Bill will offer a 6th.

Jets will say no.

No one else will offer.

Jets will cut Darnold instead of trading him to a divisional rival.

Darnold signs with the Pats.

Jets fans upset they could've gotten a pick.

Adam Gase is still the coach in 2025 after 5 more losing seasons.

On 12/13/2020 at 7:27 PM, Chip Kelly said:

Jalen Hurts decent first game all things considered. Not ready to annoint him as the franchise guy or the saviour moving forward though.

Wasn't expecting him to rush for over 100 yards and have more carries than the Eagles RBs dont think  that is really sustainable down the stretch.

Looks calm out there and decisive unlike Wentz who moves around like a wounded donkey.

Teams are going to catch up to Hurts take off running style by spying and/or blitzing him and by forcing him to throw when they have more tape.

The Saints clearly adjusted a lot in the second half.

Will be interesting to see what he looks like against the Cardinals now that they have some NFL tape to prepare for him with.

Overall solid debut lot of things to clean up though.

@Rosalie73 only way NFC east teams win the bowl is if others teams are forced to start an emergency qb like the Broncos did because of Rona'.

As a Sooners fan, I'm looking forward to watching him go head to head with Kyler next week....

Also, hoping the trip to Denver isn't a trap game for the Bills, after the emotional victory over the Steelers. :unsure:

• Like 1

Hope it works out.  It'll be a shame if a few days from the Superbowl one of the teams loses six starters because of a Covid outbreak.

****************************************************************************************************************

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-tells-all-clubs-there-will-be-no-local-playoff-bubbles

There will be no postseason bubbles for NFL teams.

The NFL informed league clubs on Tuesday night that teams can not require players and staff members to stay at a hotel during the playoffs other than the night prior to a game in a memo obtained by NFL Network's Tom Pelissero.

How 'bout we just file this one under "Dumb Ideas' and forget about it?

**************************************************************************************

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-owners-to-meet-virtually-to-discuss-several-items-including-expanding-regula

NFL owners will meet virtually on Wednesday to discuss several items including the option to increase the regular season to 17 games in 2021, NFL Network's Judy Battista reported.

On 12/15/2020 at 9:28 PM, UnkNuk said:

How 'bout we just file this one under "Dumb Ideas' and forget about it?

**************************************************************************************

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-owners-to-meet-virtually-to-discuss-several-items-including-expanding-regula

NFL owners will meet virtually on Wednesday to discuss several items including the option to increase the regular season to 17 games in 2021, NFL Network's Judy Battista reported.

I rather have 8 teams in each conference make the playoffs.

Leave the regular season to 16 games.

More teams and more fanbases involved is good for business.

Playoff football games are so highly anticipated.

• Cheers 1

Gilmore torn ACL. We’re onto 2021. 

I don’t see how Cam returns next year unless he completely transforms over the next 9 months.

We essentially had no pass game this year. 5 passing touchdowns all year. 5. Five. Cinco. Remember when we used to watch TB throw 5 in a game?

Hopefully we can slide vs BUF and NYJ and have DET LAC DEN NYG win 1 game and sneak into a top 12 pick. 

On 12/8/2020 at 4:15 PM, UnkNuk said:

It was forty years ago today.

I still remember watching that game.    :(

I was doing my homework watching the game on the black and white TV in the kitchen. The game was in the background. I was floored. I couldn't finish my homework.

I was in too much shock. 

• Huggy Bear 1