Tony Romo

NFL thread

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Whatever happened to @ReggieBush feel like you haven't chimed in on the Seahawks in a long time.

Wondering how neverous you gotta be about the Rams because recently they have done well against the Seahawks.

Just like me... Probably having a nervous breakdown due to the Hawks winning by the narrowest of margins.  Making things way to hard on themselves by letting teams back in it in the 4th quarter.  I think they'll find a way to pull out a victory tomorrow... Something like 24-22 or 17-14.  But you just don't know with this team.  Looking forward to it though.

Go Hawks!!!

Edited by Hogs & Podz
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Brady threw for as many TDs (5) today as Cam has all season. :lol:

The Tom Brady Buccaneers!  Woo.

My team (I moved on over when TB and Gronk did).   

2 hours ago, DonLever said:

The Oakland coaching staff headed by Mr. Gruden sure outsmarted themselves didn't they?    Here was the scenario for those who did not see the game:  The Dolphins were leading 23-22 with less than 2 minutes left.  The Raiders were 1st and goal inside the 5 yd line of Miami.  Instead of  crossing  the goal line for a TD, LA  deliberately stop short of the goal line 3 times in order to kill the clock and go for a field goal to win.  The score is now 25-23 for Raiders.   Unfortunately there was still 19 seconds left when they gave the ball back to the Dolphins.  Well all you need is one play to get into field goal range and that is what Miami QB Fitzpatrick did with a lucky throw and a penalty.  Final Score Dolphins 26. Raiders 25.

Coach Gruden must have failed math because with a TD,  the score would have been a 29-23 Raiders lead with less than a minute left.   Now any grade 5 student would say scoring a TD to win is much harder than scoring a Field Goal to win.   In other words, Miami would have had to work much harder to score a TD to win than a FG.

That $100M is getting kind of hard to swallow..

12 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Any thoughts @Van40 on the Raiders instead of helping the Ravens have put their season on life support.

Tua starting vs the Bills next week is the early world.

Fitzmagic should stay ready though they need his playmaking to give the offence life.

That really sucked but there's still a few different scenarios for the Ravens to get in

11 hours ago, Hogs & Podz said:

Just like me... Probably having a nervous breakdown due to the Hawks winning by the narrowest of margins.  Making things way to hard on themselves by letting teams back in it in the 4th quarter.  I think they'll find a way to pull out a victory tomorrow... Something like 24-22 or 17-14.  But you just don't know with this team.  Looking forward to it though.

Go Hawks!!!

Their margin of victory has been better this year than last year. The Hawks are a ridiculous like 59-1 when they are up by 4 or more at the half under Wilson and Carroll and if you’ve watched this team as much as I have over the years you know that blowout wins are few and far between with Pete at the helm. 

32 minutes ago, Pickly said:

Their margin of victory has been better this year than last year. The Hawks are a ridiculous like 59-1 when they are up by 4 or more at the half under Wilson and Carroll and if you’ve watched this team as much as I have over the years you know that blowout wins are few and far between with Pete at the helm. 

You're right about the blowout wins.  And yes Wilson has always been clutch.  The defensive improvement has restored most of my faith because I'm not sure Russ can win consistently when in a shootout.  X Factor in this game will be, if they can run the ball they'll win.  Backfield is healthy and if going makes them a Super Bowl contender.

2 hours ago, Van40 said:

That really sucked but there's still a few different scenarios for the Ravens to get in

How do the tie breakers work exactly? Bills hopefully don't rest their guys or else Dolphins are likely in.

Eagles in a similar spot today, need Teddy 2 gloves and the Panthers to beat up on Haskins and WAS, then take care of business and go into Jerry World and steal a win.

12 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Jets +280 money in the bank.

Damn it! Forgot all the Browns receivers were put on the Covid-19 list would have hammered the Jets.

Also don't look now but the Falcons are looking juicy on the alternative point spread right now.

KC got money on the game? Or just taking their foot off the gas now that the Steelers have imploded...

All these upsets have made the last few weeks really fun and exciting betting wise. Though I have to say the majority of games have no fans and the intensity doesn't feel the same.

Hopefully come playoff time every city can let in a small crowd or at the least just really crank up the artificial crowd noise.

6 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

spacer.pngThe jets fired the only guy who was committed to the tank. 

Winning two meaningless games to close out a year and blow your shot at what many believe is the best quarterback to come through the draft since Peyton Manning has to be the most Jets thing ever. What a dogs*** franchise destined for mediocrity. 

Break up the Bengals and Jets!:frantic:

Jets are so bad, they can't even tank properly....:lol:

Cowboys really going to host a playoff game aren't they?

This Andy Dalton's moment isn't it @Pears

:picard:  How 2020 for the Eagles to finish with the worst defensive performance of the season.

Hope they lose next week no point in ruining draft position.

Edited by Chip Kelly