The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

1 hour ago, Chip Kelly said:

Cowboys really going to host a playoff game aren't they?

This Andy Dalton's moment isn't it @Pears

:picard:  How 2020 for the Eagles to finish with the worst defensive performance of the season.

Hope they lose next week no point in ruining draft position.

Now that would just be classic Bengals luck. 

43 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

Eagles have a chance to pick in the top 5 as long as they lose next week!!! 

Let's go WAS!! LMFAO. @c00kies 

The Eagles better not screw this up.:lol:

We need all the talent we can get lol. I'm still butt hurt about missing out on Jefferson And Metcalf, but if we can get a legit #1wr that would be nice. We have holes everywhere though, the secondary, the o-line, and more talent anywhere really. 

1 hour ago, c00kies said:

We need all the talent we can get lol. I'm still butt hurt about missing out on Jefferson And Metcalf, but if we can get a legit #1wr that would be nice. We have holes everywhere though, the secondary, the o-line, and more talent anywhere really. 

I feel that. We took Drew Sample over him :picard:.

2 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

What a joke of a league. How does the ref miss that out of bounds when he’s got a clear view of the run up the sideline? The Packers are like the Bruins of the NFL. All close or non close calls go there way. 

NFL would secretly love a Mahomes vs Rodgers or Brady Super Bowl to boost ratings and to cap an unusual season with a competitive high scoring Super Bowl.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, c00kies said:

So true as long as they draft WR,CB,or even draft a QB to compete with Hurts if they think a guy like Zach Wilson is a better prospect for example I am all for it.

Don't think any O or D lineman or LB in this draft class is worth a top 5 pick outside of obviously Sewell of Oregon who will be off the board before the Eagles get a shot at him.

Going to be a fun off-season to see what happens with Wentz.

Unfortunately the GM, Howie Roseman, should have been fired a long time ago and now will have another plum opportunity for taking credit for the Eagles drastic improvement if they have a good draft class.

I hope they give Pederson another year. He is a solid coach don't see someone coming in and doing much better with the lack of talent he is working with on offence.

Eagles should send their scouts to watch Alabama. 2 potential guys who the Eagles should have big interest in will be playing big roles.

WR Devonta Smith potentially a legit WR 1 in the NFL and CB Patrick Surtain a solid CB2 to pair with Darius Slay.

Either would be an upgrade.

I'd be content with Chase or Smith tbh as the Eagles WR1 for next season.

Part of me though kind of wants  the Eagles to take a shot at a talented qb like a Zach Wilson who throws a better ball more consistently than Hurts or Wentz do.

Hurts imo hasn't earned to go into training camp as the unquestionable starter. He needs to be competing with another guy whether it is Wentz back or a rookie draft pick.

Edited by Chip Kelly

3 hours ago, SergioMomesso said:

What a joke of a league. How does the ref miss that out of bounds when he’s got a clear view of the run up the sideline? The Packers are like the Bruins of the NFL. All close or non close calls go there way. 

The bad ref call had no bearing on the game as the Packers were pretty dominant over the Titans all night.  With or without it they would have won.

Besides, Tennessee should have challenged the call because the replay clearly showed the GB player stepped out of bound.   Even the TV broadcasters said why did the Titans not challenge the call.  So the Titans should be blamed for blowing it too.

Edited by DonLever

3 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Eagles should send their scouts to watch Alabama. 2 potential guys who the Eagles should have big interest in will be playing big roles.

WR Devonta Smith potentially a legit WR 1 in the NFL and CB Patrick Surtain a solid CB2 to pair with Darius Slay.

Either would be an upgrade.

I'd be content with Chase or Smith tbh as the Eagles WR1 for next season.

Part of me though kind of wants  the Eagles to take a shot at a talented qb like a Zach Wilson who throws a better ball more consistently than Hurts or Wentz do.

Hurts imo hasn't earned to go into training camp as the unquestionable starter. He needs to be competing with another guy whether it is Wentz back or a rookie draft pick.

I think with all the holes we have, it would be better to build the team around the qbs we have right now, and then if needed, take a QB. If it was T Law I would obviously go for him, but it isn't.

I don't think any qb could help this team as much as filling other needs first...and getting an actual offensive coordinator. 

• Like 1

The WFT has parted ways with Dwayne Haskins:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2924455-dwayne-haskins-released-by-wft-after-benching-for-taylor-heinicke-vs-panthers?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

NFL Network's Andrew Siciliano points out that Washington has drafted 12 QB's in the first round, but only one has a winning record with the team....

....Sammy Baugh, who retired in '52....

32 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

The WFT has parted ways with Dwayne Haskins:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2924455-dwayne-haskins-released-by-wft-after-benching-for-taylor-heinicke-vs-panthers?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

NFL Network's Andrew Siciliano points out that Washington has drafted 12 QB's in the first round, but only one has a winning record with the team....

....Sammy Baugh, who retired in '52....

I wonder if Haskins is actually a bit happy this happened.

Couldn't have been easy or pleasant to bear the blame of the orginizations problems, on just his shoulders.

34 minutes ago, gurn said:

I wonder if Haskins is actually a bit happy this happened.

Couldn't have been easy or pleasant to bear the blame of the orginizations problems, on just his shoulders.

He actually sounded pretty upbeat in his tweet....

He'll probably get a chance somewhere else next season....it's up to him what he does with it....

• Upvote 1

Haskins was never supposed to be a 1st round pick, but he has stunk it up a bit too. He doesn't have the threat of a deep ball, which will hold him back.

I'm worried the Eagles are going to win next week, unless Smith can get healthy in time to play!

Edited by c00kies
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, c00kies said:

I think with all the holes we have, it would be better to build the team around the qbs we have right now, and then if needed, take a QB. If it was T Law I would obviously go for him, but it isn't.

I don't think any qb could help this team as much as filling other needs first...and getting an actual offensive coordinator. 

On one hand I agree. However with that said, there are going to be qb hungry teams that the Eagles can trade down with and get an extra 2nd round pick to plug more holes and still be able to draft a quality player in round 1 potentially.

The danger is in most drafts after the first 10-15 picks not much separates guys picked in the 20's and early second rounders talent wise.

So it is usually better to trade down unless you really like a specific player that you have targeted.

It is rare to get a top 5 pick the Eagles are usually competing for a playoff spot because the NFC East is trash every season. Last time the Eagles drafted this high they got Lane Johnson in round 1 and Zach Ertz in round 2. Both were huge contributors to the Super Bowl win. So obviously this draft will be vital to the Eagles becoming a good team again.

14 hours ago, Pears said:

I’m honestly so torn between Ja’Marr Chase and Kyle Pitts like I’d be ecstatic with either. Pitts would absolutely destroy DB’s in this division but then there’s that connection and chemistry Burrow has with Chase. 

What about Sewell, they need to protect Burrow's blindside first don't they?

He is considered to have potential to be a pro bowl Left tackle.

Chase is really tempting though just like Smith and Waddle will be tempting to pair with Tua again for the Dolphins.

17 minutes ago, c00kies said:

Haskins was never supposed to be a 1st round pick, but he has stunk it up a bit too. He doesn't have the threat of a deep ball, which will hold him back.

I'm worried the Eagles are going to win next week, unless Smith can get healthy in time to play!

There is a concern about Fields because that Ohio State offence is not a pro style offence ,that Fields will similarly struggle early on unless he goes to a team that wants to run the ball with the qb and throw it deep.

They run read option as their base offence lot of simple half field reads where qb doesn't need to go through their full field progressions.

It's basically if the first read isn't there they are taught to tuck it and get upfield or throw it away like what Jalen Hurts has been doing with the Eagles.

It's too simplistic to work in the NFL over the long term. Defences are good at taking away the qbs first read and forcing them to hold the ball and wait for somebody else to get open and not let them run for first downs.

The question with these college qbs is can they read or be taught to read a defence.

This is what separates guys like Justin Herbert who came from a pro style offence and his immediate success in the league.

Edited by Chip Kelly

55 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

There is a concern about Fields because that Ohio State offence is not a pro style offence ,that Fields will similarly struggle early on unless he goes to a team that wants to run the ball with the qb and throw it deep.

They run read option as their base offence lot of simple half field reads where qb doesn't need to go through their full field progressions.

It's basically if the first read isn't there they are taught to tuck it and get upfield or throw it away like what Jalen Hurts has been doing with the Eagles.

It's too simplistic to work in the NFL over the long term. Defences are good at taking away the qbs first read and forcing them to hold the ball and wait for somebody else to get open and not let them run for first downs.

The question with these college qbs is can they read or be taught to read a defence.

This is what separates guys like Justin Herbert who came from a pro style offence and his immediate success in the league.

Yes, I've heard the concern coming from a few programs with success not transitioning to the NFL. As much as college is about winning, it also is a key time to learn and grow as a player, but sometimes programs focus more on winning than about what's best for the athlete.

3 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

On one hand I agree. However with that said, there are going to be qb hungry teams that the Eagles can trade down with and get an extra 2nd round pick to plug more holes and still be able to draft a quality player in round 1 potentially.

The danger is in most drafts after the first 10-15 picks not much separates guys picked in the 20's and early second rounders talent wise.

So it is usually better to trade down unless you really like a specific player that you have targeted.

It is rare to get a top 5 pick the Eagles are usually competing for a playoff spot because the NFC East is trash every season. Last time the Eagles drafted this high they got Lane Johnson in round 1 and Zach Ertz in round 2. Both were huge contributors to the Super Bowl win. So obviously this draft will be vital to the Eagles becoming a good team again.

What about Sewell, they need to protect Burrow's blindside first don't they?

He is considered to have potential to be a pro bowl Left tackle.

Chase is really tempting though just like Smith and Waddle will be tempting to pair with Tua again for the Dolphins.

This is all considering we finish with the 5th overall pick or lower, out of Sewell territory.