The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

46 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Don’t think Stidham wins vs Darnold next week. 12th pick is a real possibility! 

Considering the Jets are playing very well by beating two playoff contenders two weeks in a week, I think the the chances of them beating the Patriots in the final game game are excellent.  Does not matter if Stidham or Newton starts, both QBs suck.

Edited by DonLever

58 minutes ago, DonLever said:

Considering the Jets are playing very well by beating two playoff contenders two weeks in a week, I think the the chances of them beating the Patriots in the final game game are excellent.  Does not matter if Stidham or Newton starts, both QBs suck.

With a lot of help elsewhere, the highest we can move up is to pick 9. I’d be happy with 12. If no QB, Pitts is a highly intriguing prospect at 12

Edited by NucksPatsFan

On 9/13/2020 at 9:06 AM, NucksPatsFan said:

Just For the purposes of keeping receipts. :goat:

•  
  •  
  • NucksPatsFan
  • Members
  • 7,262 posts
On 9/13/2020 at 1:17 AM, filthycanuck said:

Patriots, Im doubting double digit games. Theres way too many holes on defence with guys who opted out, Cam sucks, and they have probably the worst WR core in the league. They'll get 7 wins tops, coaching can only get you so far, you still need talent to play the game

Just For the purposes of keeping receipts. 

Damn! I didnt think I was going to get it bang on. I was calling that Cam Newton was going to bad, but i would've never imagined he wouldve been THIS bad. Brady threw for more tds in one half, than Cam has...all year!

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, filthycanuck said:
  •  
  •  
  • NucksPatsFan
  • Members
  • 7,262 posts

Just For the purposes of keeping receipts. 

Damn! I didnt think I was going to get it bang on. I was calling that Cam Newton was going to bad, but i would've never imagined he wouldve been THIS bad. Brady threw for more tds in one half, than Cam has...all year!

I hope you miss by 1 game ;)

2 minutes ago, gurn said:

If I was a Pats fan it would terrify me. Unless I was hoping for a loss.

Of course the goal is a L. What does a W do in the last week?

We're able to move up as high as the 9th pick with a loss and some other help, and I believe with a win we pick 14 or 15. My goal is still 12th though (or anything higher). 

1 minute ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Seems like he's 'done like dinner'.  All teams hit a down cycle eventually.  Even the Pats.

Of course. 2nd time not making the playoffs in 20 years (even though the last time we had 11 wins) is digestible. I've lived through Willie's Canucks with Granlund and Chaput and Vey playing top 6 minutes, this is nothing. :lol:

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Of course the goal is a L. What does a W do in the last week?

We're able to move up as high as the 9th pick with a loss and some other help, and I believe with a win we pick 14 or 15. My goal is still 12th though (or anything higher). 

Of course. 2nd time not making the playoffs in 20 years (even though the last time we had 11 wins) is digestible. I've lived through Willie's Canucks with Granlund and Chaput and Vey playing top 6 minutes, this is nothing. :lol:

I remember hearing how personal it still is for Belichick to beat the Jets since they tried to block him from being able to take the Patriots job. 

I think Belichick's ego will make sure Darnold has visions of ghosts again.

He won't lie down for the Jets over an arbitrary gain in draft position.

I would expect him to try to do the most to win to end the year.

10 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

I remember hearing how personal it still is for Belichick to beat the Jets since they tried to block him from being able to take the Patriots job. 

I think Belichick's ego will make sure Darnold has visions of ghosts again.

He won't lie down for the Jets over an arbitrary gain in draft position.

I would expect him to try to do the most to win to end the year.

I fully expect Bill to try and do everything he can to win.

And that means starting QB1 and his 39 passing yards:lol: