The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

31 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

I thought Brady was done? 

Is being #2 in the league in passing touchdowns at 43 years old good? Asking for a friend. 

edit: and #2 in passing yards.

I think the extra weapons in T-Bay makes a big difference, but even more so, the Bucs give Brady excellent protection. Only Big Ben and Rodgers were sacked less this season. Conversely, New England was in 18th place with the far more mobile Newton at QB...

21 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I think the extra weapons in T-Bay makes a big difference, but even more so, the Bucs give Brady excellent protection. Only Big Ben and Rodgers were sacked less this season. Conversely, New England was in 18th place with the far more mobile Newton at QB...

Brady has a great season with no namers = “he’s a system qb”

Has a great season with weapons = “he had help” 

Evans, Godwin and Howard have all been together in Tampa since 2017 season. Jones was there last year.

I strongly doubt Fitz or Winston have 4600 passing yards and 40 TDs in Tampa this year against only 12 picks 

Also, Cam would rather take a sack then run the open 10 yards. Except for today of course. 

Edited by NucksPatsFan

2 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Brady has a great season with no namers = “he’s a system qb”

Has a great season with weapons = “he had help” 

Evans, Godwin and Howard have all been together in Tampa since 2017 season. Jones was there last year.

I strongly doubt Fitz or Winston have 4600 passing yards and 40 TDs in Tampa this year against only 12 picks 

Also, Cam would rather take a sack then run the open 10 yards. Except for today of course. 

I'm not taking anything away from Brady....I'm saying he had a better year in TB than he would have in NE....

5 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I'm not taking anything away from Brady....I'm saying he had a better year in TB than he would have in NE....

He was over 4K yards and 25 TDs last year with an offense that had fewer pieces than this years.

15 more TDs this year? Likely not. Probably impossible. But could’ve seen him get 35 and 4500ish yards given how often we’d be playing from behind with the fill in defense and with the emergence of guys like Byrd, Meyers, Harris and a healthy Jules. 

Anyways, neat to see the 37 and 43 year olds be 1-2. 

1 hour ago, NucksPatsFan said:

I thought Brady was done? 

Is being #2 in the league in passing touchdowns at 43 years old good? Asking for a friend. 

edit: and #2 in passing yards.

He's not as washed as I thought he'd be but are we pretending he didn't have the pro bowl starting offense? He also stat padded like a mofo against bad teams.

His stats against competent defenses vs bad defenses is telling. 

But, not bad for a 43 year old. I'm genuinely surprised he's still playing. 

• Like 1

Just now, Van40 said:

He's not as washed as I thought he'd be but are we pretending he didn't have the pro bowl starting offense? He also stat padded like a mofo against bad teams.

How’d Jameis or Fitz do with that pro bowl offense? The primary weapons Brady had have been in Tampa since the ‘17 season. Unless you’re talking about Rob “came out of retirement not in football shape and had 1 game with over 70 receiving yards” Gronkowski.

Either way, a 43 year old finishing 2nd in passing yards and passing TDs is incredible and will be curious to see if Arod can do it in 2026

2 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

How’d Jameis or Fitz do with that pro bowl offense? The primary weapons Brady had have been in Tampa since the ‘17 season. Unless you’re talking about Rob “came out of retirement not in football shape and had 1 game with over 70 receiving yards” Gronkowski.

Jameis threw 33 tds without Wirfs, Gronk, Ronald Jones ascension, AB, Fournette. Guys like Scotty Miller and Tyler Johnson (stud) don't even get on the field cause of how stacked the offense is.

15 pass tds total in the last 5 weeks against Atl 2x, Detroit, Min, KC (all garbage time).

I made bank betting on these games so I'll stop with the hate but he definitely cooked those totals up at the end.

I noticed Rodgers doing something similar this year but he's gonna be mvp so whatever lol 

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Nothing against the Eagles (or the Giants) but, let's go WFT! :towel:

Doug Pederson doing everything to protect the tank for the Eagles. :lol: Brady should be happy his defence next  week playing will be playing against this pathetic Washington football team offence.

51 minutes ago, Van40 said:

Speaking of old qbs Brees looks like he is finally going to retire this off-season.

There is a report saying he could finally be done.

He probably should because he doesn't have the arm strength to throw it deep anymore consistently. He has definitely been in decline based on the eye test.

Wouldn't put it past the Bears to be more competitive vs the Saints than people expect either. Any given Sunday.

As long as Goff is out next Saturday and Washington plays the Bucs with Alex Smith and his 19 surgeries..

Seahawks,Bucs, and Bills will be rock solid bets probably the best bets of the season.

5 minutes ago, gmen81 said:

If the Dolphins had won earlier in the day I don't think I'd be able to handle watching that Titans game.  Heart attack city. Ravens hot right now and gonna be tough.  

You think huh? Even with King Henry?

The Titans defence was playing better last year in the playoffs though and you guys seem to lack a pass rush I am leaning slightly toward taking the Ravens with the revenge factor.

I think the Ravens may give the Titans a taste of their own medicine and run wild with Jackson and Dobbins.

It was weird how last year the Ravens got behind and abandoned the run. Wonder if the roles are reversed will Titans do the same like what happened in the Packers game.

4 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

If pulling Jalen Hurts in a 3pt game isn't the biggest obvious evidence of an NFL team tanking this season to get a higher draft pick I don't know what is.

Giants fans have to be totally pissed and are probably screaming right now @c00kies.

This is an epic troll job by Pederson.

There goes the Giant's chance to make the playoffs.  Clearly it is an attempt to throw the game.  So far 3rd string QB Sudfeld has given up an interception, now a fumble.

You know the Eagles did not want to win the game when they did not go for a FG and went on 4th down when the score was 17-14.

• Upvote 1