The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

21 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

If pulling Jalen Hurts in a 3pt game isn't the biggest obvious evidence of an NFL team tanking this season to get a higher draft pick I don't know what is.

Giants fans have to be totally pissed and are probably screaming right now @c00kies.

This is an epic troll job by Pederson.

I feel bad, because I truly think the skins could have won this even with Hurts in, but it was too risky for the Eagles to possibly win Lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

I thought Brady was done? 

Is being #2 in the league in passing touchdowns at 43 years old good? Asking for a friend. 

edit: and #2 in passing yards.

Think this has more to say about the receivers on the Pats versus Buccs. That said, I think Brady looks refreshed out there. 

1 hour ago, c00kies said:

I feel bad, because I truly think the skins could have won this even with Hurts in, but it was too risky for the Eagles to possibly win Lol

I mean yeah I feel like the Eagles pulling Hurts cheapens the victory a little for Rivera and Alex Smith.

But... after this horrible division displayed all of 2020 I thought it was a fitting end.

Giants fans have no reason to complain because when you don't control your own destiny you can't blame the Eagles for doing what is best for the franchise going forward.

#6 pick instead of #9 might not seem like much but Justin Herbert was picked #6 overall just last year.

If the Eagles have a legit shot at Fields or Wilson to bring in as franchise qbs they have to take it. Hurts has been ok but nothing he has shown to me screams he should go into camp next year without competing for the job.

Only question is will Hurts compete with Wentz next year or a rookie QB.

2 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

I mean yeah I feel like the Eagles pulling Hurts cheapens the victory a little for Rivera and Alex Smith.

But... after this horrible division displayed all of 2020 I thought it was a fitting end.

Giants fans have no reason to complain because when you don't control your own destiny you can't blame the Eagles for doing what is best for the franchise going forward.

#6 pick instead of #9 might not seem like much but Justin Herbert was picked #6 overall just last year.

If the Eagles have a legit shot at Fields or Wilson to bring in as franchise qbs they have to take it. Hurts has been ok but nothing he has shown to me screams he should go into camp next year without competing for the job.

Only question is will Hurts compete with Wentz next year or a rookie QB.

And I wonder how the culture in that room will be too, Kelce seemed upset and I don't blame him. I hope we don't tread similar waters as the oilers.

You don't have to be a Seahawks fan (and I'm not) to appreciate what Russ did here:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nfl/russell-wilson-calls-last-minute-pass-so-wr-david-moore-can-earn-dollar100000-bonus/ar-BB1csR8p?li=AAggNb9#image=BB1csDId|3

The Seattle Seahawks had the lead and the ball with less than 30 seconds left on the clock Sunday. All they had to do was take a knee to lock up a 26-23 victory against the San Francisco 49ers.

Instead of lining up in victory formation, Russell Wilson made a peculiar play call that resulted in a $100,000 bonus for his teammate. 

With 22 seconds left in the game, Wilson tossed a pass to receiver David Moore, who gained five yards before running out of bounds. On the following play, the Seahawks took a knee, finishing their season with a 26-23 win. 

$100k might seem like chump change in the NFL, but Moor's base salary is only $825k, so this really made a difference.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

My predictions:

Bills over Colts

Titans over Ravens

Steelers over Browns

Seahawks over Rams

Bucs over WFT

Saints over Bears

-

Chiefs over Titans

Steelers over Bills

Packers over Bucs

Saints over Seahawks

-

Chiefs over Steelers

Packers over Saints

-

Packers over Chiefs 

I like the first half of your predictions....B)

My predictions:

Bills over Colts

Titans over Ravens

Steelers over Browns

Seahawks over Rams

Bucs over WFT

Saints over Bears

-

Chiefs over Titans

Steelers over Bills

Packers over Bucs

Saints over Seahawks

-

Chiefs over Steelers

Packers over Saints

-

Packers over Chiefs 

So close!

Chiefs over Packers.                                -_-

My predictions:

Bills over Colts

Titans over Ravens

Steelers over Browns

Seahawks over Rams

Bucs over WFT

Saints over Bears

-

Chiefs over Titans

Steelers over Bills

Packers over Bucs

Saints over Seahawks

-

Chiefs over Steelers

Packers over Saints

-

Packers over Chiefs 

The Bills would/will beat the Steelers IMO. 

1 hour ago, Sean Monahan said:

The Bills would/will beat the Steelers IMO. 

The Steelers are one of the real wild cards this season.  They go 11-0 and you think they're Superbowl bound.  Then they drop 3 in a row and you think they've somehow lost their mojo.  Then they're down to Indy after the first half and you think they're really washed up but then they stage a comeback.   

I don't know what to expect of them in the playoffs.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, UnkNuk said:

The Steelers are one of the real wild cards this season.  They go 11-0 and you think they're Superbowl bound.  Then they drop 3 in a row and you think they've somehow lost their mojo.  Then they're down to Indy after the first half and you think they're really washed up but then they stage a comeback.   

It all depends on if JuJu shows up to the game in a corvette, corvette, off an addy with no time to relax, relax. 

1 hour ago, UnkNuk said:

The Steelers struggle to run the ball and until you can establish a run game and control the clock your destined to fail in the playoffs especially with an aging QB who struggles to throw the ball 20+ yards at this stage in his career. They seemed to have peaked too early where as I think a Ravens team who is rolling right now and peaking at the right time could be a dark horse in the AFC. Chiefs and Packers are the obvious choice for the SB but this is the NFL playoffs and strange things happen. 

7 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

My predictions:

Bills over Colts

Titans over Ravens

Steelers over Browns

Seahawks over Rams

Bucs over WFT

Saints over Bears

-

Chiefs over Titans

Steelers over Bills

Packers over Bucs

Saints over Seahawks

-

Chiefs over Steelers

Packers over Saints

-

Packers over Chiefs 

Good Picks except the Titans/Ravens game.   The Ravens are on fire after winning 5 games in a row.  Lamar Jackson is playing at a high level.