The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

3 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Crazy I first heard about Justin Fields on Netflix’s QB1 in season 2 as this scrawny high school qb they followed around and now he’s gonna be the #2 pick in the NFL draft.

Rylee Martell is still the mvp of that show though

Justin Fields may not be the 2nd pick in the NFL draft as Zach Wilson has surpassed him as the second best QB in the draft according to football analysts and mock drafts.  

Fields did not help his cause as he did not play well in the National Championship.  He was outplayed by Marc Jones who threw for 5 tds.  The Patriots are rumored to be interested in Jones because of the Saban/Belichick relationship.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DonLever said:

Justin Fields may not be the 2nd pick in the NFL draft as Zach Wilson has surpassed him as the second best QB in the draft according to football analysts and mock drafts.  

Fields did not help his cause as he did not play well in the National Championship.  He was outplayed by Marc Jones who threw for 5 tds.  The Patriots are rumored to be interested in Jones because of the Saban/Belichick relationship.

Mac Jones raises the annual 'Bama question - is the team great because of the QB, or is the QB great because of the team?

Mac Jones will be available at pick #15 but I think that's too high for a guy that won't be a year 1 starter. He's got great mechanics, insane arm strength and he can move enough, but his decision making isn't the best. Arizona Vegas Miami won't be picking a QB, so I wonder if BB tries trading back a couple picks to 17 or 18 to get an extra 4th rounder, and take Mac there. 

• Cheers 1

17 hours ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

That's Schottenheimer gone. 

Good. Seattle has good pieces on offense, but never seem to actually utilize it and are good for a one-and-done post-season. They need an O-Line, but a different scheme should help too.

On 1/15/2021 at 3:49 PM, BoKnows said:

So pumped for the boys to be playing January football in Lambeau.  Go rams.

Really excited to watch the game tonight. I think it's going to be very tough for the rams to adjust to the weather conditions, especially the snow and cold in Lambeau. Very excited to watch the rams monster defense against the best QB  - Aaron Rodgers - .

It*s going to be fun for sure.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Wolfgang Durst said:

Really excited to watch the game tonight. I think it's going to be very tough for the rams to adjust to the weather conditions, especially the snow and cold in Lambeau. Very excited to watch the rams monster defense against the best QB  - Aaron Rodgers - .

It*s going to be fun for sure.

chilling my beers in the fridge for this game

4 minutes ago, BoKnows said:

chilling my beers in the fridge for this game

hope you will have something to celebrate.

in the game preview most of the NFL experts expect a green bay packers win (6 or 8 experts) compared to only two experts who think that the rams will win.

I expect a tight game.

• Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

hope you will have something to celebrate.

in the game preview most of the NFL experts expect a green bay packers win (6 or 8 experts) compared to only two experts who think that the rams will win.

I expect a tight game.

I'm gonna take the number scoring defence over these Packers.  Im biased tho

Having a hard time picking this Bal Buf game for my parlay.

Emotionally I want Baltimore because screw the afc east rivals

Gut feeling is I want Buffalo because they’ve been en fuego

but then I think Baltimore completely shut down the best RB in the league and the Dolts almost came back against Buffalo

but then I remember Lamar is more likely to throw for under 150 yards than he is over 

oddsmakers don’t know either with a +2 spread 

4 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Having a hard time picking this Bal Buf game for my parlay.

Emotionally I want Baltimore because screw the afc east rivals

Gut feeling is I want Buffalo because they’ve been en fuego

but then I think Baltimore completely shut down the best RB in the league and the Dolts almost came back against Buffalo

but then I remember Lamar is more likely to throw for under 150 yards than he is over 

oddsmakers don’t know either with a +2 spread 

Went with the Bills against the spread. 

Ingram out for Baltimore. And somewhat emotional hedge - I personally don’t want to see Buffalo win but if they do might as well profit. 

36 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Went with the Bills against the spread. 

Ingram out for Baltimore. And somewhat emotional hedge - I personally don’t want to see Buffalo win but if they do might as well profit. 

Ingram not a huge factor imo JK Dobbins the rookie from Ohio State has more juice and fresher legs he is the lead dog now.

Plus they still have Gus Edwards and Justice Hill.

This game comes down to if the Ravens can slow down the Bill's offence and contain Josh Allen or not.

Offensive wise. The Ravens better hope the run game is working well because their pass game is pedestrian at best if this becomes a shootout.

• Cheers 1

On 1/13/2021 at 10:22 AM, c00kies said:

Good. Seattle has good pieces on offense, but never seem to actually utilize it and are good for a one-and-done post-season. They need an O-Line, but a different scheme should help too.

On 1/12/2021 at 4:23 PM, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

That's Schottenheimer gone. 

Recent fires Anthony Lynn and Doug Pederson are two of the rumored candidates Seahawks will consider.

Wilson would probably prefer Pederson and his pass happy play calling scripts. Lynn in Buffalo leaned toward a ground and pound run dominant attack.