The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Eagles hire discount Frank Reich?

D8 ok...

Moving on game picks time!

Who do you like and why?

I am going Chiefs and Packers right now.

Straight up. Chiefs I am betting Reid designs a game plan to protect Mahomes. Get the ball out quick and run more than they usually do.

Packers revenge factor for A Rod he needs to win to stay in the all time GOAT conversation and payback for getting blown out by the Bucs earlier this season.

On 1/18/2021 at 12:37 PM, c00kies said:

Eagles seem to be pushing for McDaniels to be Head coach. 

I thought he did alright with the Broncos the first time, but was still immature (when he beat the Pats, he celebrated like he was off to the Superbowl).

He won't have to pick a QB from the draft (other issue in Denver), but I'm curious to see how he handles his second opportunity since he seems like a fire cracker rather than Doug's calm demeanor.

I hope the Eagles can snag a veteran OC and DC to help him out. Overall, I'm kind of scared of this pick, but there's nobody I really want or think will last long-term anyway.

McDaniels is a jerkoff, I hate him as a coach and as a person. That was a total d1ck move that he pulled on Indianapolis, let alone him screwing up my Broncos

Fingers crossed for A Rod and his packers. Love the cheeseheads and the style this team plays. Packers passing game and running game are equally strong. That's going to be a challenge for the Bucs. Expect the Bucs D puts some more pressure on A Rod than the Rams D did last week. Bucs D was very impressive against the Saints. Going to be a tough game for A Rod and the packers.

Would love to see the packers win the super bowl. Curious to see how the Bills D is going to do against the Chiefs monster offence. Will the Bills D be able to contain Kielce and especially Tyreek Hill? Think Chiefs offence will win them the game.

Super Bowl at Tampa Bay featuring the Chief vs. Packers would be awesome.

Edited by Wolfgang Durst

Chiefs -3

Packers -3

Parlay pays +256 (incredible odds for the 2 home team favourites)

Also took Gronk as anytime TD scorer and Adam’s as anytime TD scorer as separate bets.

My heart will be rooting for Tom and Gronk but putting my money on the home team.

The Packers defense is laughable so it’s going to need to be a shoot out, I don’t know how much of a factor snow will play given Brady has played in more snow bowls than Rodgers. 

As for Kc Buf let’s see if the real Mahomes shows up. If he does, I don’t see Buffalo stopping that offense. If he’s playing at anything less than 90% the Bills could get that 1 extra scoring drive. But f*** the Bills I’ll never cheer for an afc east team ;) 

TLDR: +256 returns to bet on the 2 home team favourites winning is insane. The risk reward is better than playing the lotto. 

30 minutes ago, BoKnows said:

Aaron Rodgers needs a new nickname, every time I hear or read about ARod and the packers I think of Alex Rodriguez.

you should a know what sport we are talking about ::D. This is the NFL thread. Usually users don't talk baseball in this thread. Hope you have some fun watchting the games.

36 minutes ago, BoKnows said:

Aaron Rodgers needs a new nickname, every time I hear or read about ARod and the packers I think of Alex Rodriguez.

"Twinkle toes" or maybe Discount Double check? :lol:

3 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

Hot - very hot . I would say.

Gronkowski needs something to release all that spent up energy and anticipation for championship  weekend...

24 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Gronks girlfriend just posted this.

Bucs by 30 confirmed 

8E104BC3-68A1-40C9-AE5F-E27607EB0B89.jpeg

Just curious as you see the situation at the New England Patriots. Do you think we are going to see changes in coaching staff ? Pats brought in lots of players over the last couple of years that were not a fit (Antonio Brown for example, Newton struggled this season as a QB - don't expect him to be back). Wouldn't you be surprised if the owners cut ties with Bill? I mean season 2020/2021 was desastrous. Pats have no prospects for the holes at wide receiver and especially QB.  Would be great if you are willing to share your thoughts. Thanks.

18 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

Just curious as you see the situation at the New England Patriots. Do you think we are going to see changes in coaching staff ? Pats brought in lots of players over the last couple of years that were not a fit (Antonio Brown for example, Newton struggled this season as a QB - don't expect him to be back). Wouldn't you be surprised if the owners cut ties with Bill? I mean season 2020/2021 was desastrous. Pats have no prospects for the holes at wide receiver and especially QB.  Would be great if you are willing to share your thoughts. Thanks.

Belichick is going no where. A team that should’ve won 4 games max won 7 because of coaching. Brian Flores was underrated despite not having the defense coordinator title. Matt Patricia is back now who was a fantastic D coordinator for us.

Hightower and Chung were massive holes on defense due to covid hold outs, along with the other hold outs.

If the Patriots don’t get the guy they want at 15 for QB, there are tons of game manager QBs available this off season.

We lost 2 games (Seattle and Buffalo) that were 1 play away from a win (stopped by Seattle at the goal line, Cam fumbled in Buffalo). We lost against horse sh!t Denver , any average QB behind center and that’s a W. 

We have a lot of good picks this year, including the compensatory ones we’ll get for Brady and Van Noy leaving. I wouldn’t mind trading a 2nd for Stafford or signing Fitz for a year if we draft Mac Jones or Lance.

WR group looks weak but they also had a QB that couldn’t hit a parked car in Richmond.

Off season priorities in my opinion:

1. QB

2. LB

3. DT

3B. RT - Cannon is too injury riddled 

Almost any QB we start next year will be an upgrade on what we got out of Cam. 

1 hour ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

you should a know what sport we are talking about ::D. This is the NFL thread. Usually users don't talk baseball in this thread. Hope you have some fun watchting the games.

It's more about ARod being synonymous with Alex Rodriguez.