The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

At the risk of raising a sombre question, I'm wondering what impact that tragic accident involving Andy Reid's son had on the Chiefs and the game?

You have to figure that that would affect Reid - his son may be facing jail time for seriously injuring several people including two children.  And if the head coach is affected, mightn't it affect the whole team?

The Chiefs just didn't look like the same team we've watched all year.

Edited by UnkNuk

1 hour ago, oldnews said:

this talk of Mahomes winning 8 Superbowl, being in tons of Superbowls in the future, winning a ton...sounds pretty ridiculous to me.

Not a Brady 'fan' whatsoever, but good luck with that.

Considering Mahomes is still a young man at age 25, all he has to do is play another 18 years until he reaches the same age as Brady.  Possibly he could win 7 more Super Bowls in the next 18 years to get 8 SBs.   On the hand, his playing style will take a toll on his body, so maybe not.

2 hours ago, nux4lyfe said:

This game was over after the 2nd.

I think KC lost the game when they let TB score a TD with 6 seconds left to make it 21-6.

Could anyone explain the KC coaching decision to stop the clock with a timeout in the last 44 seconds of 1st half, allowing TB time to score that TD?

• Cheers 3

Is Tampa Bay the new City of Champions?

They almost pulled off the trifecta this past year.  Would have been unbelievable if they had won the World Series.  Has any city ever won the NHL, NFL and MLB titles all in the same year/season?

Edited by Elias Pettersson

5 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

I don’t like Boston fans or teams and I have hated Pats and their fan base for the last 20 years.

As I have said before, has anyone ever known Pats fan before Brady?

Didn't like Brady, Bellichick or Kraft and their shenanigans but as much as it pains me to say.

Tom is the greatest QB of all time.

Maybe the odd person who follow Doug Flutie in the NFL. 

11 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

I don’t like Boston fans or teams and I have hated Pats and their fan base for the last 20 years.

As I have said before, has anyone ever known Pats fan before Brady?

Didn't like Brady, Bellichick or Kraft and their shenanigans but as much as it pains me to say.

Tom is the greatest QB of all time.

Yes, I have been a Pats fan since the mid 70's - same as a Canucks and Bombers fan.  ;)

So yeah, until Brady came along - the teams I cheered for sucked a lot and hardly any championships among them.

8 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Is Tampa Bay the new City of Champions?

They almost pulled off the trifecta this past year.  Would have been unbelievable if they had won the World Series.  Has any city ever won the NHL, NFL and MLB titles all in the same year/season?

Boston

Bruins

Sox

Patriots

iirc

• Thanks 1

America has been in disarray, 2020 probably being the worst year in history, and not just because of COVID. Hard times down there, lots of angry people, racial injustice, protests. America needs a Hero, They fricken LOVE their heroes. 

First, Biden in, good stuff,. headed in the the direction, but he's not hero enough. 

In the game, KC had so many penalties called against them, it would've been near impossible for the Chiefs to win against Brady, in Tampa.  This was gift wrapped for the hero, Good news story.