The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

19 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

YES, WE GOT ANDY DOLTON!!!!!!!

According to this story, you also offered everything but Soldier Field to the Seabags for Russ....

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2936678-russell-wilson-trade-rumors-bears-offered-3-1st-round-picks-a-3rd-2-starters?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

If it's true, I have to wonder why Seattle didn't take it....:unsure:

• Haha 1

On 3/16/2021 at 1:38 PM, NucksPatsFan said:

Realistically if they stay at 15, Mac Jones is the only QB that'll be there. Trey Lance has an outside shot but likely will be gone before 12. 

Jonnu was a big get, pairing him with Hunter Henry will be even better. Agholor I think will be used just as an outside guy to have someone with speed (not that Cam will be able to throw that anyways) and have Jules and Bourne on the inside with the other outside spot being a camp battle between Harry Byrde Meyers and Lee.

With how we're building out the front 7 and the secondary, and probably taking a couple big boys on the O Line in the early rounds, Cam and the receivers will be the least important group on the team. 

But again, with all that draft capital, still a lot that can happen. I love the tandem of Harris and Michel, but would love to add a Drake or Williams to the backfield. 

Yeah I saw Henry got signed, thats a really good get. Looks like they are building the team around Cam now with big TEs that can catch the ball, if healthy. Jonnu and Hunter aren't exactly ironmen

9 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

Yeah I saw Henry got signed, thats a really good get. Looks like they are building the team around Cam now with big TEs that can catch the ball, if healthy. Jonnu and Hunter aren't exactly ironmen

With Henry and Jonnu as 1 and 2, it'll give the 2 kids we drafted last year Asiasi and Keene (though he's a pure blocking TE) some good top tier players to learn from. 

I'm more pumped about our front 8 all of a sudden being

Judon Hightower Bentley Van-Noy

Winovich Wise Godchaux Anderson   with potentially Guy also coming back.

Allows us to spend draft capital heavily on the O line and in the secondary (with Chung retiring Jalen Mills could play a hybrid there if Dugger can't take the next step). 

A lot of mock drafts have Lance going to SF at #12 - Belichick was a huge Jimmy G fan, could use some capital to bring him back?

That 15th pick now offers a lot of flexibility with the scheme switch to a dual TE heavy set offense. I really like Damien Harris and Sony Michel, and Harris runs bigger than he is, but would love a taller, bigger back as well (ironically this is the 1 draft there isn't a legitimate star RB prospect).

Who I'd be thrilled walking away with at the 15th pick (with expectation that the top 4 QBs are gone and so are 

Micah Parsons - if the defense is going to lead this team back to the playoffs, might as well stack it even more. Move Judon down to the edge and have Hightower and Parsons line up next to each other

Jaycee Horn - similar point to above. Gilmore, McCourty, Mills, Jackson and Horn would be nasty in the secondary

Patrick Surtain - same reasoning as Horn, they're both CB's

Trevon Moehrig - safety, same defense first reasons as above

Unlikely but if Slater or Darrishaw are available at 15, they'd beef up the O line nicely.

Also would love to see the Pats take a flyer on Canadian Chubba Hubbard 

On 3/15/2021 at 3:49 PM, NucksPatsFan said:

I'm happy today. Absolutely love the Judon and Jonnu signings. Like the other signings as well. Agholor is cool if last year is a sign but he'll be a 2/3 WR anyways. Welcome back big fella Trent Brown.

Love all the early picks in the draft as well.

Patricia back as defensive coordinator, defensive hold outs from last year all returning, signing front 7 animals with a strong offensive line and a 2 headed running back attack. Looks like Bill is going back to the early and mid 2000's playbook.

Love that the draft can take so many different approaches now. QB isn't necessarily a "must trade up for one" anymore. Wouldn't mind throwing Fitzmagic or Brissett a 2 year deal. 

NE did a good job with free agency, both on offense and defence.  The only thing missing is a QB.  Sorry, Cam Newton would not cut it.  However, with free agency QBs, the pickings are slim as Fritzpatrick  signed with Washington, Brissett signed with Miami.  Trubisky went to Buffalo, Dalton to Chicago.

The guys left are has beens:  Alex Smith, RG III, Joe Flacco,  Brain Hoyer, Geno Smith, Blake Bortles, etc.

Even if they draft a QB, he will unlikely be ready right away.  A trade maybe?  JiimmyG?   Mariotta?   

Edited by DonLever

2 hours ago, DonLever said:

NE did a good job with free agency, both on offense and defence.  The only thing missing is a QB.  Sorry, Cam Newton would not cut it.  However, with free agency QBs, the pickings are slim as Fritzpatrick  signed with Washington, Brissett signed with Miami.  Trubisky went to Buffalo, Dalton to Chicago.

The guys left are has beens:  Alex Smith, RG III, Joe Flacco,  Brain Hoyer, Geno Smith, Blake Bortles, etc.

Even if they draft a QB, he will unlikely be ready right away.  A trade maybe?  JiimmyG?   Mariotta?   

With Andrew’s resigning tonight, our offensive line is now set (no one expected him to re-sign, Edelman even posted a thanks for the memories post earlier today for Andrew’s).

Going into the draft, the 2 big spots needing an upgrade are QB and S, and a lot of draft capital to spend. I wouldn’t be surprised to see if Belichick waits to see how the first 10 picks shake out before deciding to hold onto 15 or not. I’ve also heard the Jimmy g and mariota rumours.

If they can sign Fournette or another big bodied back, I’d be fine going into the season with Cam and Stidham but I do think they add one more QB to the roster at some point. 

there’s a lot of smoke in SF with the Trey Lance rumours 

On 3/18/2021 at 5:40 PM, DonLever said:

The problem with Jimmy G is he just can't stay healthy. Im having doubts about him, hes regressed in a Kyle Shanahan scheme whos made even the worst Qbs look good (even Manziel looked decent). Mariotta is the guy that would be an excellent fit, but gawd knows what Jon Gruden is thinking.

Side note, anybody catch the Texans with their 3 headed "monster" LOL David Johnson, Mark Ingram and now Phillip Lindsay. Hell of a backfield if this was Madden 18

On 3/18/2021 at 10:22 AM, NucksPatsFan said:

With Henry and Jonnu as 1 and 2, it'll give the 2 kids we drafted last year Asiasi and Keene (though he's a pure blocking TE) some good top tier players to learn from. 

I'm more pumped about our front 8 all of a sudden being

Judon Hightower Bentley Van-Noy

Winovich Wise Godchaux Anderson   with potentially Guy also coming back.

Allows us to spend draft capital heavily on the O line and in the secondary (with Chung retiring Jalen Mills could play a hybrid there if Dugger can't take the next step). 

A lot of mock drafts have Lance going to SF at #12 - Belichick was a huge Jimmy G fan, could use some capital to bring him back?

That 15th pick now offers a lot of flexibility with the scheme switch to a dual TE heavy set offense. I really like Damien Harris and Sony Michel, and Harris runs bigger than he is, but would love a taller, bigger back as well (ironically this is the 1 draft there isn't a legitimate star RB prospect).

Who I'd be thrilled walking away with at the 15th pick (with expectation that the top 4 QBs are gone and so are 

Micah Parsons - if the defense is going to lead this team back to the playoffs, might as well stack it even more. Move Judon down to the edge and have Hightower and Parsons line up next to each other

Jaycee Horn - similar point to above. Gilmore, McCourty, Mills, Jackson and Horn would be nasty in the secondary

Patrick Surtain - same reasoning as Horn, they're both CB's

Trevon Moehrig - safety, same defense first reasons as above

Unlikely but if Slater or Darrishaw are available at 15, they'd beef up the O line nicely.

Also would love to see the Pats take a flyer on Canadian Chubba Hubbard 

Well, you aren't getting Horn after his crazy pro day.  Vera-tucker is doable and would beef up the pats oline.

11 hours ago, DonLever said:

Big trade today in the NFL as SF49s move up to No.3 draft position with trade with Miami who held the 3rd pick.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31141794/san-francisco-49ers-move-nfl-draft-acquire-no-3-pick-miami-dolphins-sources-say

the fins swung a deal with the Eagles for No. 6 for their No.12 and next years 1st pick ( from the 49ers) I probably wouldve stayed put at 12 and keep the 1st in 2022. Miami already has Fuller and Devante Parker, those are 2 pretty good wideouts with Gesicki in TE. I just think its just better to stockpile talent (unless of course they used their chips on a certain Texan QB). Even at 12 theres chance Waddle falls to them, pretty good consolation prize if their missing out on Devante Smith

17 hours ago, Silky mitts said:

Wonder where Watson ends up, San fran going to make a big push? Jiimmy G back to the new England patriots  ?

Not San Fran anymore, they don't have the chips to make that deal after the trade to the Dolphins. Miami has more than enough ammunition to make that deal happen. 2 1st or perhaps even 3 1sts and Tua? If Miami lands Watson, they are a guaranteed playoff team

• Vintage 1

5 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

Not San Fran anymore, they don't have the chips to make that deal after the trade to the Dolphins. Miami has more than enough ammunition to make that deal happen. 2 1st or perhaps even 3 1sts and Tua? If Miami lands Watson, they are a guaranteed playoff team

Whoops brain fart meant the dolphins . 

Edited by Silky mitts

5 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

But I can still see them moving jimmy g