The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

2 hours ago, c00kies said:

Dak has nagging injuries that might keep him out for the year... the nfc east might be a joke again lol

This story seems to stem from a comment made an ESPN commentator:

"...a comment from ESPN's Adam Schefter on Friday has spiked some fear about Prescott's return. During halftime of the preseason game between the Kansas City Chiefs and Arizona Cardinals, Schefter said this about Prescott, via ProFootballTalk:

“He’s not fully back, he may not be back all season long.”

Schefter doesn't mean that Prescott won't be playing; he's talking about whether or not he'll be 100 percent healthy this season. And given the injuries Prescott has endured over the last calendar year, it's not an outlandish comment to make."

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl-cowboys-is-it-possible-dak-prescott-wont-be-fully-back-from-injuries-all-season-long-194349217.html

Let's keep in mind that there's a big difference between missing a whole season and not being 100% for the season.   And even the idea that he won't be 100% is just speculation.

image.png.c8a49824eb0080adb7bf457bdd494d23.png

On 8/21/2021 at 7:06 PM, RUPERTKBD said:

I don't get excited about preseason wins, but I'd be remiss if I didn't point out that I told my buddy Keith (a huge Bears fan) that Mitch Trubisky would turn into a solid QB now that he's got a real coaching staff....B)

I say this almost every year (not here, but at fantasy draft), but perhaps it is even more appropriate now...

image.jpeg.01284b4bb6047c9d716bdac296e079db.jpeg

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, gmen81 said:

Cam Newton released 

He got trolled in the Eagles joint practice was getting called captain checkdown.

1 hour ago, UnkNuk said:

Dallas (assuming he's willing to be a backup)?

He needs to be in a run heavy RPO offence because his passing and accuracy has really fallen off imo which was never great to begin with.

He has Josh Allen's jumbo size without his throwing ability.

I think he would be an excellent backup qb on the Ravens in that system @Van40

Think his starting qb days are over.

• Cheers 1

23 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

He got trolled in the Eagles joint practice was getting called captain checkdown.

He needs to be in a run heavy RPO offence because his passing and accuracy has really fallen off imo which was never great to begin with.

He has Josh Allen's jumbo size without his throwing ability.

I think he would be an excellent backup qb on the Ravens in that system @Van40

Think his starting qb days are over.

We have a solid young backup in Tyler Huntley who won't have a circus around him. 

Cam is done in this league as a full time starter. Not the same athlete anymore and his throwing was always erratic. 

• Upvote 1