The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

On 8/31/2021 at 1:21 PM, Chip Kelly said:

He got trolled in the Eagles joint practice was getting called captain checkdown.

He needs to be in a run heavy RPO offence because his passing and accuracy has really fallen off imo which was never great to begin with.

He has Josh Allen's jumbo size without his throwing ability.

I think he would be an excellent backup qb on the Ravens in that system @Van40

Think his starting qb days are over.

The Panthers were (the last 2 years of Newtons tenure) ran RPO like 75% of the time, he still coudn't cut it. Newton is done as a productive starter, hes in that Andy Dalton realm of being a starter just to get the wheels spinning. He wouldn't be able to hack it in the Ravens system too. As much as people love to diss Lamar Jackson, when a guy is open, Lamar can at the very least make that throw. Cam can't make gimme throws anymore. All those surgeries he had on his shoulder took its toll

• Vintage 1

On 8/21/2021 at 9:00 AM, Pears said:

For anyone who’s known me for a certain amount of time knows I’ve talked about the media having a pretty obvious anti Bengals bias. Well, this is exactly what I mean by that. 

1132875E-2BF4-4EB1-8F50-386C9C85C6F2.jpeg

Yeah Ive been reading some bad things about Chase, can't get separation, drops balls, can't beat press coverage. Its not looking good, for now at least

6 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

Yeah Ive been reading some bad things about Chase, can't get separation, drops balls, can't beat press coverage. Its not looking good, for now at least

It’s preseason. Sewell’s getting tossed around like he shouldn’t even be on a practice squad but you don’t hear a peep about that. 

• Huggy Bear 1

Jerry Jones was asked about their opening game against Tampa Bay in Tampa.  I like the way he refers to Tampa Bay as "the foreign country".

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/cowboys/2021/09/03/jerry-jones-says-lack-of-interest-in-newton-isnt-result-of-uncertainty-very-easy-to-evaluate-cam/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Why+Jerry+Jones+thinks+this+year+s+Cowboys+can+live+up+to+last+season+s+hype+-+Your+Cowboys+Catch-Up&utm_campaign=Cowboys_09052021&vgo_ee=46G8bPW%2BhKh40Fhdw4JRd%2FlMy%2BOWWuyaZunZiCXh6gI%3D

Does playing Tampa Bay have any extra juice for you?

Jones: “From the minute I saw it, our chance to go play them, our chance to go to go play them, not come here, go play them, to go right where David slew the giant, to go right there and open our season up away from home in the foreign country and step down there and have the Cowboys go in there and get a chance to show good and come out with a victory. What an opportunity!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, UnkNuk said:

Jerry Jones was asked about their opening game against Tampa Bay in Tampa.  I like the way he refers to Tampa Bay as "the foreign country".

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/cowboys/2021/09/03/jerry-jones-says-lack-of-interest-in-newton-isnt-result-of-uncertainty-very-easy-to-evaluate-cam/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Why+Jerry+Jones+thinks+this+year+s+Cowboys+can+live+up+to+last+season+s+hype+-+Your+Cowboys+Catch-Up&utm_campaign=Cowboys_09052021&vgo_ee=46G8bPW%2BhKh40Fhdw4JRd%2FlMy%2BOWWuyaZunZiCXh6gI%3D

Does playing Tampa Bay have any extra juice for you?

Jones: “From the minute I saw it, our chance to go play them, our chance to go to go play them, not come here, go play them, to go right where David slew the giant, to go right there and open our season up away from home in the foreign country and step down there and have the Cowboys go in there and get a chance to show good and come out with a victory. What an opportunity!

Feel like Dallas doesn't have the defence to hang with the Bucs.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a blowout or closer score because the Tampa offence is rusty.

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If Dak is healthy, then I see Big D winning.  

The problem i have with dallas is their over reliance on the passing attack. Still not sold on the running game since their oline is like swiss cheese this year.

1 hour ago, Isam said:

The problem i have with dallas is their over reliance on the passing attack. Still not sold on the running game since their oline is like swiss cheese this year.

A whole lot of fantasy sites disagree with you, FWIW. After googling rankings for 2021 OLs, out of about the first 10 sites or so, the worst they ranked was 15th, best 2nd, with them averaging top 10.  If they dont get overly clobbered w injuries like last year, they should be just fine.

I'm bummed I missed out on someone from their passing attack in my auction draft yesterday, and I would have considered chasing Zeke if I didnt already have CMac, and got caught bidding up Aaron Jones.

2 hours ago, Kragar said:

A whole lot of fantasy sites disagree with you, FWIW. After googling rankings for 2021 OLs, out of about the first 10 sites or so, the worst they ranked was 15th, best 2nd, with them averaging top 10.  If they dont get overly clobbered w injuries like last year, they should be just fine.

I'm bummed I missed out on someone from their passing attack in my auction draft yesterday, and I would have considered chasing Zeke if I didnt already have CMac, and got caught bidding up Aaron Jones.

Yeah and i dont take stock in them. Martin and smith have been injury prone for the past couple years and frederick is done. Williams and collins are ok but arent anything spectacular in the run game. The line is overrated by many for their past acclomplisments.

1 hour ago, Isam said:

Yeah and i dont take stock in them. Martin and smith have been injury prone for the past couple years and frederick is done. Williams and collins are ok but arent anything spectacular in the run game. The line is overrated by many for their past acclomplisments.

That's fair.  Fantasy experts are often wrong, and as always, time will tell.

I just hope the ones whose advice I did follow most were right :)

• Cheers 1

56 minutes ago, Kragar said:

That's fair.  Fantasy experts are often wrong, and as always, time will tell.

I just hope the ones whose advice I did follow most were right :)

I am not trusting the left side of that line this year. By the way, nice pickup in cmac. We do our draft this wednesday and hoping for him but planning on either chubb or ekeler

1 hour ago, Isam said:

I am not trusting the left side of that line this year. By the way, nice pickup in cmac. We do our draft this wednesday and hoping for him but planning on either chubb or ekeler

Good luck! Auction draft?  Makes it a little easier to get who you want. Fully recommend listening (podcast or youtube) to drew davenport, especially on something as simple as a par sheet (didnt know what it was, but I'm fairly new to auction drafts).  He has lots of great advice, more so on draft strategy and practices than players.  Learned a lot from him these past couple weeks.

Going in, I figured I'd get Kamara again, but very pleased on McCaffrey. Ekeler is interesting,  but I never had a chance at him.  I was just glad Saquon was overpaid on, again. I was scorned on here leading up to 2019 for fading him (I predicted he would not be top 10 RB... wish someone gave me odds on that one B)).  But I'm not one for making a lot of predictions.  I'm sure I'd be wrong more often than the experts!

Edited by Kragar

10 hours ago, Kragar said:

Good luck! Auction draft?  Makes it a little easier to get who you want. Fully recommend listening (podcast or youtube) to drew davenport, especially on something as simple as a par sheet (didnt know what it was, but I'm fairly new to auction drafts).  He has lots of great advice, more so on draft strategy and practices than players.  Learned a lot from him these past couple weeks.

Going in, I figured I'd get Kamara again, but very pleased on McCaffrey. Ekeler is interesting,  but I never had a chance at him.  I was just glad Saquon was overpaid on, again. I was scorned on here leading up to 2019 for fading him (I predicted he would not be top 10 RB... wish someone gave me odds on that one B)).  But I'm not one for making a lot of predictions.  I'm sure I'd be wrong more often than the experts!

No, going with a snake draft and i know i aint getting the first.  We are running a ppr league so wideouts are gonna be big again. That is why i am aiming for ekeler for his pass catching ability as an rb.  Goob value pick allowing me to spend heavy elsewhere. 

• Cheers 1

On 9/5/2021 at 2:15 PM, Chip Kelly said:

Feel like Dallas doesn't have the defence to hang with the Bucs.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a blowout or closer score because the Tampa offence is rusty.

Its going to be a high scoring game, Im picking 35 - 28 (Dallas playing catch up) If you have players on your fantasy team tomorrow, buckle up!

• Upvote 1