The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

The Wilson trade was necessary as the team had no first round picks the last two years while being stuck between a contender and a rebuilding team. It’s never a good thing to be stuck in the middle which the team has been in since they lost in the Super Bowl. Wilson has no O line help and he is 33 soon to be 34 AND in two years you have to sign him. The way QBs are getting paid (Rogers 50X4) there would no room for the team to improve which I already think was the case here. With the NFC West being a division of death with the Rams, 49ers and up and coming Cardinals it was time to rebuild.
Love the guys attitude on and off the field, love his competitiveness and will to win, it was time for his chapter of this team to end.  

I was down in Seattle for both Superbowls and it was great for watching them win in 2014 and then being humbled when they lost that heartbreaker in 2015. But I wouldn’t trade those memories and rollercoaster feelings for anything. It’s why we love sports and I thank Wilson for the years of service he brought the pacific northwest and the football academy work he did up here in BC as well. Take a bow Russ, thank you for the memories and good luck in that even tougher AFC west  but hard not to cheer for a guy like RW3. 

Edited by EP Phone Home
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

So who should Seattle draft 9th overall? 

Should they sign Kaep just in case and then they can take time to groom a new QB? 

That’s a good idea. I’d be aboard with that. I would be so happy if Willis is available at 9. He seems to be the best QB prospect in the draft. I also wouldn’t mind if we go BPA. We have to hit a home run with this pick. No more messing around. Time to do our homework and pick the player who best fits this team

• Cheers 2

49 minutes ago, Mj2345 said:

Looks like Cowboys are trading Cooper to Browns

Hopefully for Cleveland,  AC works out better than OBJ did.....Baker absolutely needs a deep threat....

Good deal for the Browns personnel wise, as it only costs them a 5th and a 6th.....but, they're taking on a 20 million per contract for the next three seasons....

• Cheers 1

Looks like Baker Mayfield is done in Cleveland. The Browns aren't saying, but they just finished a meeting with Deshaun Jackson....

A few hours after that meeting, Mayfield tweeted this:

Also some reports have the Browns trading Mayfield to the Colts.....

Sorry boys....we interrupt this report about what Russ Wilson is, or is not doing/saying to bring you a report of something truly newsworthy:

Something Truly Newsworthy

Spoiler

The Bills and eight-time Pro Bowl pass rusher Von Miller have agreed to a six-year contract, the team announced Wednesday

"It's been a crazy four hours going back and forth. Lot of things that I love in LA," Miller said, announcing the deal on Instagram. "But I just wanted you to know, I’m coming to Buffalo. Bills Mafia, what’s good? Is 40 open?"

:towel:

• Cheers 1

Russell Wilson…

My goal is to play 10 or 12 more years and hopefully win three, four more Super Bowls, that's the plan,'' Wilson said. "That's the mindset. That's why I came here, to finish my career here and hopefully finish on top as a champion. And do it multiple times.''

14 minutes ago, Mj2345 said:

Russell Wilson…

My goal is to play 10 or 12 more years and hopefully win three, four more Super Bowls, that's the plan,'' Wilson said. "That's the mindset. That's why I came here, to finish my career here and hopefully finish on top as a champion. And do it multiple times.''

He used to be a regular guy back when he was a winner.  He's changed, and not for the better.  Sounds like hubris.

• Upvote 1