The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

On 3/18/2022 at 5:59 PM, Beary Sweet said:

Mayfield looks like he wants out of Cleveland. He wants a trade to the Colts but I’m hoping he gets traded to Seattle. We really need a good QB to replace Wilson and Mayfield would look great. Hope Hawks find a way to make a move for him

He fits the type of guys Carrol likes had an abrasive attitude and with a little piss and vinegar.

That OL is still bad though you need a mobile qb. 

Apparently they like Drew Lock as well and think he could start for them. Don't see how he does better when they already have a good supporting cast in Denver and a good defence.

Seahawks might be better off in drafting their franchise guy. Malik Willis is Jalen Hurts with a better arm and is very dangerous on the ground.

• Cheers 1

Is Julio Jones considered washed? Or does he have something left in the tank?

I would not mind a 1 year type deal. @c00kiesfor the Eagles.

Eagles have been too quiet in free agency. Howie Roseman gets a 3 year contract extension and so far he hasn't made a truly significant trade or signing.

NFL draft right around the corner. 

NFL off-season is insane this year...

8 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

Eagles have been too quiet in free agency. Howie Roseman gets a 3 year contract extension and so far he hasn't made a truly significant trade or signing.

I read somewhere that Tom Brady was already lobbying for the Bucs to sign him...

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

I heard Buccs might get him, but I think he'd be like a Torey Smith tbh.

That said, it's still an improvement and a one year deal wouldn't be bad. 

• Like 1

On 3/16/2022 at 1:38 PM, Van40 said:

Marcus Williams (top 5 safety)

Zad Smith (lethal pass rusher)

Morgan Moses (durable, solid tackle)

Ravens are killing it so far

Zed Smith backed out of the deal and J.D McKissac backed out with the Bills. Meanwhile Randy Gregory switched up on the Cowboys to join the Broncos.

On 3/8/2022 at 1:02 PM, RUPERTKBD said:

If I'm in charge, I blow it up. They could get solid return on Metcalfe and Lockett as well.....

I would like Lockett on the Eagles but I don't think any WR is overly excited to catch passes from Jalen Hurts. Maybe trade for Metcalfe and use his anger when Hurts can deliver the ball on time and with accuracy to block dbs into next week in the run game! :P

On 3/8/2022 at 11:14 AM, King Heffy said:

As a Broncos fan. I'm stoked.  Return will be tough to swallow though.

How do you feel after seeing what the Broncos gave up now?

On 10/26/2021 at 5:19 PM, King Heffy said:

As a Broncos fan, I'm not parting with the kind of assets it would take.  He's a hell of a player and I admire his toughness, but it's a miracle he's been as durable as he has been with the way the offensive line plays.  I would suspect age will catch up with him sooner than average.

On 11/21/2021 at 9:30 PM, Chip Kelly said:

This is why Russel Wilson needs to move on in the off-season to a new team best fits are the Broncos or Saints imo.

On 11/22/2021 at 8:53 PM, Chip Kelly said:

Other than the OL and DL the Broncos team is good enough right now.

You put a veteran qb in there like Russel Wilson or Aaron Rodgers with all those offensive weapons and you have a potential SB contender imo.

No time for a rebuild. Use the cap space left and picks to get a qb that makes your entire team better than any personnel moves would have.

Elway did this before with Peyton Manning, and they can  have similar results with another cagey veteran getting added to this young team.

Had a feeling Wilson would want to be in Denver. Elway knows how to recruit a qb the thin air is great for a qb like Wilson who can throw rainbows and moon balls.

34 minutes ago, c00kies said:

I heard Buccs might get him, but I think he'd be like a Torey Smith tbh.

That said, it's still an improvement and a one year deal wouldn't be bad. 

Looking more and more that the Eagles will be using a first round pick on a WR for the third consecutive season.

Hopefully third time is the charm!

Garrett Wilson or Treylon Burks would be worth a shot.

Man the NFL is cold.  Bobby Wagner wasn't even told he was cut, denying Mayfield a trade request when the Browns are quoted they wanted an adult at qb, DeShawn Watson fiasco and not one team asked to speak to any of the victims, falcons releasing a longer tribute vid for Brees than their own Matt Ryan.  Crazy.

• Vintage 1

35 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Man the NFL is cold.  Bobby Wagner wasn't even told he was cut, denying Mayfield a trade request when the Browns are quoted they wanted an adult at qb, DeShawn Watson fiasco and not one team asked to speak to any of the victims, falcons releasing a longer tribute vid for Brees than their own Matt Ryan.  Crazy.

National Felons League.  used to enjoy watching and cheering for the vikings back many years ago.  Then Bills.  Now it's hard to watch that league.  Too many bad people all over the place.  From owners to coaches to players.  

• Cheers 1