The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Just now, Bruce Boudreau said:

It wasn't a huge change really I had the photo change last year and this year felt it was time to finally make the switch over.:lol:

I would have eased into it a bit more....

Bruce Kelly.....Chip Boudreau....something like that....B)

• Haha 2
  • There it is 1

I think most people here know I'm a Bills fan, so I'll just say up front that I don't blame the Phish (and the league's) letting Tua return after half time, for the Bills' loss. They had opportunities to win that game and didn't get it done.

That being said, I have a hard time understanding how the league could look at the way his legs were buckling and believe the "back injury" garbage....

Now it looks as though he's more severely injured and who knows if this could be career, or even life threatening. One Neuroscientist, at least, is pretty critical of both the team and the league:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nfl/neuroscientist-s-tragic-tua-tagovailoa-prediction-goes-viral/ar-AA12pLO5?cvid=38e06088f53e4d61adb1f9a279450542

On Sunday, Miami Dolphins quarterback Tua Tagovailoa suffered an apparent head injury that appeared to leave him noticeably dizzy on the field, leading to plenty of confusion when he was allowed to return to the game soon after.

Despite an ongoing investigation as to how he was allowed to return to the game, Tagovailoa was cleared to play in Thursday night’s game against the Cincinnati Bengals where he suffered another much more serious head injury – something one prominent neuroscientist warned of hours before the game even kicked off.

Just over four hours before Thursday night’s kickoff, prominent neuroscientist Chris Nowinski – the founder of the Concussion Legacy Foundation – warned of Tagovailoa suffering a second concussion.

“If Tua takes the field tonight, it’s a massive step back for #concussion care in the NFL,” Nowinski said in a Tweet. “If he has a 2nd concussion that destroys his season or career, everyone involved will be sued & should lose their jobs, coaches included. We all saw it, even they must know this isn’t right.”

Obviously, Nowinski’s prediction came true as Tagovailoa did suffer a second severe head injury on Thursday night. While he was not happy to be right, Nowinski said “we saw this coming.”

“I take no pleasure in being right. Pray for Tua. We saw this coming. Get angry. Get involved with @ConcussionLF to make sure the @NFL can’t do this again.”

Nowinski took it a step further in his next Tweet, claiming that the Miami Dolphins “should be in jail” for allowing Tagovailoa to play in the first place.

“You guys should go to jail for letting him play 5 days after an obvious #concussion you covered up,” Nowinski said in a Tweet. “If he dies from second-impact syndrome, I’m pushing form murder charges.”

The NFL continues to insist that the league’s concussion protocol was followed on Sunday afternoon.

The last sentence there strikes me as complete BS.....but I'm sure the league will "investigate" and ultimately absolve themselves of any blame....:rolleyes:

Edited by RUPERTKBD
  • Cheers 2
  • Sad 1

Man....just read that the Bills have lost another O-lineman to injury. Tommy Doyle somehow managed to finish the game against the Phish, but the team has since found out he has a torn ACL and is out for the season....:wacko:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nfl/unreal-bills-coach-sean-mcdermott-details-season-ending-injury/ar-AA12tIxD?cvid=a61b208f16b244a59f30f1feac155da8

Buffalo Bills injury report

Not practicing were offensive linemen Ryan Bates (concussion protocol), Dion Dawkins (non-COVID illness) and Rodger Saffold (veteran rest day); cornerback Christian Benford (broken hand); wide receiver Jake Kumerow (ankle); and defensive linemen Jordan Phillips (hamstring) and Von Miller (rest day).

Working on a limited basis were defensive backs Dane Jackson (neck) and Jordan Poyer (foot); defensive tackle Ed Oliver (ankle); center Mitch Morse (elbow); tight end Dawson Knox (back/hip soreness); and newly signed offensive lineman Justin Murray (undisclosed).

https://news.yahoo.com/bills-injury-list-massive-prepare-180432554.html?fr=yhssrp_catchall&guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cubXNuLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAARZ27U35OianvZCg3_b88t1Ku4uf1Jze2sJutNsZVf6qS50Kh8c13dGTVJYy3453ZPpH-yP2U6Y4uSyc5-2Pek9nlgMikNYMWtJEzlDMpJWFOCeWkqPlntNPKD5SBB2XYomjQLNrly_AVTtILJGj09m22cpfYgzJlMjre6Nigkw

Ya'll might want to put some money on the Ravens....<_<

Edited by RUPERTKBD
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

It might have gone unnoticed last night (and I admit that my joy in watching Tom Brady lose generally overshadows anything else going on) but the NFL dropped the ball on yet another concussion.....

Buccaneers Cameron Brate caught a pass and was actually run into by his own teammate, Chris Godwin:

According to Tony Dungy (who was on the Tampa sideline) Brate should have been flagged immediately by the league spotter and put into concussion protocol......yet he was thrown to once more and flagged for being the 12th man before being removed from the game.

You would think that after the Tua debacle, the league would be hyper-focused on this issue, but apparently not....<_<

BTW: Good on CB for hanging on to that ball....

Edited by RUPERTKBD
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Watched the Tampa/Chiefs game last night.

Thought the play by play guys did a decent job of pointing out the concussion fiasco.

They did not seem to buy the idea that Tau had a back injury one game, then got a concussion next game.

Kind of 'looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, walks like a duck- hey it was probably a duck'

multibillion dollar enterprise- still hasn't got this carp figured out.

Edited by gurn
  • Cheers 2