The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

39 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Checking the schedule, it looks like the Eagles could (and should) remain unbeaten through November....

Texans, Commanders, Colts and Packers....

You can only play the team that's in front of you but wow, that schedule is softer than cashmere.....

And meanwhile both the Cowboys and Giants are rolling along at 6-2.  Even Washington is 4-4.  Conceivably, all three wild cards could come from the NFC East.

7 minutes ago, UnkNuk said:

And meanwhile both the Cowboys and Giants are rolling along at 6-2.  Even Washington is 4-4.  Conceivably, all three wild cards could come from the NFC East.

I think it's actually likely....the NFC doesn't seem to be turning out anywhere near how people expected.....Vikings dominating the North and everyone (except Seattle) underachieving in the West.....

IMO, the other teams with a shot at the WC are the Seabags and Niners.

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I think it's actually likely....the NFC doesn't seem to be turning out anywhere near how people expected.....Vikings dominating the North and everyone (except Seattle) underachieving in the West.....

IMO, the other teams with a shot at the WC are the Seabags and Niners.

The Vikings are an interesting team.  Don't hear much about them (or at least, I haven't) yet there they are at 6-1.

2 minutes ago, UnkNuk said:

The Vikings are an interesting team.  Don't hear much about them (or at least, I haven't) yet there they are at 6-1.

Well, they do get the benefit of playing in the NFC North.....B)

They get a bit of a break next week with a game against the Commanders, but it gets a lot tougher after that. Bills, Cowboys, Patsies and Jets.....

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Battle of Ohio on MNF tonight....

Ordinarily, I'd say the Bengals are a lock, but last I heard, Chase is out and Burrow still doesn't get the kind of OL protection he needs.....

I have a feeling that the Browns are still going to do Browns things and lose this game.

12 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

I have a feeling that the Browns are still going to do Browns things and lose this game.

It's a pretty good bet, but just to throw a little doubt in there, here's a little factoid:

Joe Burrow has played the Browns three times....guess how many of those games he's won?

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

It's a pretty good bet, but just to throw a little doubt in there, here's a little factoid:

Joe Burrow has played the Browns three times....guess how many of those games he's won?

I know I read that the Bengals are on a bit of a losing streak to the Browns (not sure exactly how long) so I imagine he's lost all 3?

It's just a weird year in the NFL. There's only maybe 3 teams that are actually good, and one of those teams managed to lose to the Colts. The Bengals are on that next level of teams that are in the "Are they good? Or am I being fooled again?" category, sorta similar to the 9ers as an example of what I mean. The Browns are another tier down from there, in the "They're not good but they might be better than dogshit" level.

Therefore, I conclude that maybe good > maybe dogshit.

Follow me for more betting tips.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sean Monahan said:

I know I read that the Bengals are on a bit of a losing streak to the Browns (not sure exactly how long) so I imagine he's lost all 3?

It's just a weird year in the NFL. There's only maybe 3 teams that are actually good, and one of those teams managed to lose to the Colts. The Bengals are on that next level of teams that are in the "Are they good? Or am I being fooled again?" category, sorta similar to the 9ers as an example of what I mean. The Browns are another tier down from there, in the "They're not good but they might be better than dogshit" level.

Therefore, I conclude that maybe good > maybe dogshit.

Follow me for more betting tips.

Ignore that last part. 

• Haha 1

Steelers are reportedly trading Chase Claypool to the Bears....

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nfl/article/report-steelers-trading-canadian-wr-claypool-to-bears-for-second-round-pick/

Great news for Justin Fields....now if only the O Line could protect him....

I wonder if this mean that the Steelers are now dead to Deb....:unsure:

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nfl/article/report-steelers-trading-canadian-wr-claypool-to-bears-for-second-round-pick/

Wow! One of the few reasons I watch the Steelers and now he is leaving. Sure his game has dropped off but he doesn't get the touches he was getting previously. I'll follow him to the Bears! 

• Cheers 3

19 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Wow! One of the few reasons I watch the Steelers and now he is leaving. Sure his game has dropped off but he doesn't get the touches he was getting previously. I'll follow him to the Bears! 

One of my best friends is an English expat and a huge Bears fan....

I'm sure he's cracking the scotch as we speak....

• Cheers 1

Well, the Bills got their guys.....I guess....:unsure:

Nyheim Hines from the Colts, for Zach Moss and a 6th rounder. They also picked up safety Dean Marlowe from the Falcons for a 7th rounder.

The Marlowe deal will be related to the injury to Jordan Poyer, (along with Micah Hyde being out for the season) The good news is that Tre-Davious White is expected back this week, so that softens the blow to the defense a bit.

We'll have to wait and see whether Hines is an upgrade over Moss at RB....

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

yes

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I'm betting there's plenty of room on the Bears' bandwagon....B)

I'm already there.

(Was a huge fan of Sweetness back in the day and have a good friend in Chicago who's a Bears' fan so it's an easy jump)

• Cheers 1

35 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

I'm already there.

(Was a huge fan of Sweetness back in the day and have a good friend in Chicago who's a Bears' fan so it's an easy jump)

My buddy Keef (the Bears fan from London) argue over who was the better running back between Payton and Barry Sanders all the time.

Neither of us ever convince the other....:lol:

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

My buddy Keef (the Bears fan from London) argue over who was the better running back between Payton and Barry Sanders all the time.

Neither of us ever convince the other....:lol:

Some of Rob's pics from way back when, Soldier Field.

313356781_10159803499720549_545466905801

313873383_10159803499740549_833229110157

313415149_10159803499625549_613502544247

• Vintage 1