The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

1 hour ago, Mj2345 said:

Eagles at Texans Thursday Night…

1st vs worst.

What an absolute mismatch on paper. 

Watch the game be closer than people think it will due to Thursday and a short week.

Ideal scenario is Eagles pull away at the half and then rest the starters by the 4th quarter.

Eagles have an easy schedule only team that might challenge the Eagles now coming up is Tennessee with Jordan Davis out they struggle to stop the run and the one weakeness is against teams who get the ball out quick and pass over the middle.

Could have used another WR or S or RB but they are still not far off the Bills or Chiefs as the two top teams in the league.

Would be worth more if the team wasn't a dumpster fire, and the stadium wasn't trash with sewer pipes bursting/ stands collapsing on players.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/commanders-exploring-possible-sale-dan-snyder-hires-bank-of-america-for-potential-transactions/

Commanders exploring possible sale: Dan Snyder hires Bank of America for 'potential transactions'

The Snyder family is looking into selling the Commanders franchise

40 minutes ago, Bruce Boudreau said:

Josh Allen what happened? Guess the Bills are overrated just as everybody keeps saying about the Eagles? @RUPERTKBD

He wasn't great against the Packers either. Hopefully, this is just a mini-slump....

TBH, I hated it when everyone was calling them the SB favorites at the beginning of the season....being a Bills fan is a lot like being a Canuck fan...you're always waiting for the other show to drop....

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

Getting hard to tell the difference between the Nucks and Raiders these days.

Obvious difference between the two teams is that one team has an excellent headcoach whereas the other team has an awful rookie headcoach. Pretty sure that Mc Daniels will be canned in the next couple of weeks.

• Cheers 1

Their O-line play may improve with this hire, but really not sure about the direction that the team will take.  Sunday's game was embarrassing.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/colts-fire-frank-reich-after-four-plus-seasons-in-indianapolis-jeff-saturday-named-interim-head-coach/

Colts fire Frank Reich after four-plus seasons in Indianapolis; Jeff Saturday named interim head coach

Reich is out as head coach in Indy, where he went 40-33-1 overall

9 hours ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

Obvious difference between the two teams is that one team has an excellent headcoach whereas the other team has an awful rookie headcoach. Pretty sure that Mc Daniels will be canned in the next couple of weeks.

McDaniels is definitely awful, but he isn't a rookie head coach.  As a Broncos fan, I'm pretty happy to see him coaching the Raiders after what he did to my team.

On 10/31/2022 at 12:17 AM, RUPERTKBD said:

TBH, that was a poor game by Josh Allen's standards.....bad decisions on both picks, but the one that really caught my attention was the overthrow of a wide open receiver when they were trying to kill the clock.

That being said, the Bills did enough to win, so I'm not going to complain, but I think they'll need to be better next week, away to the Jets...

I wrote my comment during first portion of the game where Bills dominated.

Later on GB got back into game and JA did make some ill advised throws.

Seeing Rodgers lose this one and the next one to the Lions makes me smile.

Very good player but such arrogant prick.

1 hour ago, CBH1926 said:

I wrote my comment during first portion of the game where Bills dominated.

Later on GB got back into game and JA did make some ill advised throws.

Seeing Rodgers lose this one and the next one to the Lions makes me smile.

Very good player but such arrogant prick.

Agreed,

BTW: Bears fans have every right to be pissed about Sunday's game against Miami. The zebras got both PI calls exactly wrong, IMHO.

The fact that this led to a victory by a division rival of the Bills bugs me almost as much as it must irritate Bears' fans....

• Upvote 1

Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs .Seattle Seahawks will be the first ever NFL game in Germany. Lots of buzz surrounding this game in the town. Good Morning Football - team made all the way from the United States to Munich to broadcast their show in a permanently closed office space from Deutsche Bank directly from the main square in Munich. Today they were doing an interview with two times Super Bowl champion Sebastian Vollmer who won the Super Bowl with the New England Patriots against the Seahawks and Falcons. I passed by and watched the interview, but I can't be seen on the following video: :sick:

https://www.ran.de/us-sport/nfl/video/brauerei-besichtigung-vollmer-gibt-tipps-fuer-muenchen-clip

image.thumb.png.03306fe575c19a6da0588bbf9932b484.png

They could have sold 3M tickets and if you want to buy a ticket on the black market they are going to charge you 2,000 Euro. In the background you can see the two towers of the main church in Munich - the towers have a high of round about 100 metre. On the right you can see the city hall which took the constructors more than 40 years to build it - from 1867 to 1909.

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs .Seattle Seahawks will be the first ever NFL game in Germany. Lots of buzz surrounding this game in the town. Good Morning Football - team made all the way from the United States to Munich to broadcast their show in a permanently closed office space from Deutsche Bank directly from the main square in Munich. Today they were doing an interview with two times Super Bowl champion Sebastian Vollmer who won the Super Bowl with the New England Patriots against the Seahawks and Falcons. I passed by and watched the interview, but I can't be seen on the following video: :sick:

https://www.ran.de/us-sport/nfl/video/brauerei-besichtigung-vollmer-gibt-tipps-fuer-muenchen-clip

image.thumb.png.03306fe575c19a6da0588bbf9932b484.png

They could have sold 3M tickets and if you want to buy a ticket on the black market they are going to charge you 2,000 Euro. In the background you can see the two towers of the main church in Munich - the towers have a high of round about 100 metre. On the right you can see the city hall which took the constructors more than 40 years to build it - from 1867 to 1909.

Let's hope Geno keeps the dream alive!!!

• Like 1

The NFL admits that the zebras blew both contentious PI calls in the Bears - Dolphins game on Sunday:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nfl/nfl-reportedly-admitted-to-2-major-referee-mistakes-sunday/ar-AA13W0KC?cvid=dde37feaf0d54263ab4e6f33c29b63d0

The NFL reportedly confirmed that the Chicago Bears were on the wrong end of two incorrect penalty flags in Sunday's loss to the Miami Dolphins.

Per Alex Shapiro of NBCS Chicago:

"Bears heard back from the league on a few plays they sent in from the Dolphins game. According to a team source, the league said officials missed on two big penalties. [1.] DPI against Eddie Jackson should not have called, [2.] DPI should have been called on the Chase Claypool deep ball."

I'm sure that comes as cold comfort to bears fans.....and fans of teams in the AFC East....<_<

16 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

The NFL admits that the zebras blew both contentious PI calls in the Bears - Dolphins game on Sunday:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nfl/nfl-reportedly-admitted-to-2-major-referee-mistakes-sunday/ar-AA13W0KC?cvid=dde37feaf0d54263ab4e6f33c29b63d0

I'm sure that comes as cold comfort to bears fans.....and fans of teams in the AFC East....<_<

Say what you want about the NFL, but at least they admit when there's an officiating problem, unlike the NHL where Bettman goes on the air and says there's no issue while the refs are openly fixing a series.