The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Man.....two starting safety's out (Hyde & Poyer)....two of your linebackers either out, or questionable (Milano & Edmunds)....rush end out (Rousseau) and starting QB nursing an elbow injury on his throwing hand....

Meanwhile, the 7-1 Vikings are relatively healthy.....

This is what I meant when I said that as a Bills fan, no matter how well things might be going.....you're always waiting for the other shoe to drop....<_<

27 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Man.....two starting safety's out (Hyde & Poyer)....two of your linebackers either out, or questionable (Milano & Edmunds)....rush end out (Rousseau) and starting QB nursing an elbow injury on his throwing hand....

Meanwhile, the 7-1 Vikings are relatively healthy.....

This is what I meant when I said that as a Bills fan, no matter how well things might be going.....you're always waiting for the other shoe to drop....<_<

Vikings look good they added Tj Hockenson from the Lions top 10 TE and Cousins is not playing bad.

Cowboys copying the Canucks.

They had a 14 point lead in the fourth quarter and lost.   :sadno:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/packers-stunning-ot-win-over-cowboys-ends-this-improbable-195-game-streak-for-dallas/

"Going into the fourth quarter, the Cowboys were leading 28-14, but they ended up losing, marking the first time in the organization's 62-year history that Dallas has lost a game where it held at least a 14-point lead going into the fourth quarter. Before Sunday, the Cowboys had won 195 straight games in that situation, but after losing to Green Bay, they're now 195-1."

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, UnkNuk said:

Cowboys copying the Canucks.

They had a 14 point lead in the fourth quarter and lost.   :sadno:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/packers-stunning-ot-win-over-cowboys-ends-this-improbable-195-game-streak-for-dallas/

"Going into the fourth quarter, the Cowboys were leading 28-14, but they ended up losing, marking the first time in the organization's 62-year history that Dallas has lost a game where it held at least a 14-point lead going into the fourth quarter. Before Sunday, the Cowboys had won 195 straight games in that situation, but after losing to Green Bay, they're now 195-1."

This is my fault....

I had just finished telling a friend that I think the Cowboys will beat the Eagles on that Christmas eve game and might even overtake them for the division....

Sorry Cowboys fans (not sorry)....B)

10 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

This is my fault....

I had just finished telling a friend that I think the Cowboys will beat the Eagles on that Christmas eve game and might even overtake them for the division....

Sorry Cowboys fans (not sorry)....B)

Still might overtake them.   Once Washington beats them tonight and......:sadno:

13 hours ago, UnkNuk said:

I didn't think Washington had a chance.

Conceivably, the Cowboys could end up trying to sneak into the playoffs with the third wildcard spot.

The NFC East is a beast.

I'd be interested to know what people think of the late roughing the passer call....

I agree with those who are saying it was a soft call, but I have to admit watching it in real time and thinking "what are you doing?!" when two guys hit Heinicke after he had clearly given himself up. My first thought was that it was an obvious call and that the Phully defenders had just cost themselves the game, even though the contact was minor...

If that had been Tom Brady, they probably would have been DQed....

2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I'd be interested to know what people think of the late roughing the passer call....

I agree with those who are saying it was a soft call, but I have to admit watching it in real time and thinking "what are you doing?!" when two guys hit Heinicke after he had clearly given himself up. My first thought was that it was an obvious call and that the Phully defenders had just cost themselves the game, even though the contact was minor...

If that had been Tom Brady, they probably would have been DQed....

I thought it was the correct call.

1 hour ago, UnkNuk said:

I thought it was the correct call.

By the book, it was. The defender says he just wanted to touch him down, but both guys did more than that.

Still, it has to suck for Eagles fans to see something like that kill your chances at preserving an undefeated season, but their anger should be directed at their own guys, rather than the zebras...

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1