The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

I'll be watching England - Senegal tomorrow, but there are some great match ups on the Sunday NFL sked: Miami - SF; Cincinnati - KC; Philly - Tennessee; Minny - Jets....

Looks like I'm joining @Pears as a Bengals fan tomorrow.....and (of course) the NFC team in all the other games.

Gotta say....before the season started, who would've guessed that Commanders vs Giants would be far more interesting than Raiders vs Chargers? ^_^

Edited by RUPERTKBD
  • Cheers 1

This week's sked couldn't have gone much better for me.....

Chiefs lose, Phish lose, Jets lose......and of course, we know what happened to the Patsies on Thursday night....:towel:

Speaking of which....this place used to be chock full of Patriots fans....now it's like someone turned on the lights in a room full of cockroaches....:unsure:

• Cheers 1

19 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

This week's sked couldn't have gone much better for me.....

Chiefs lose, Phish lose, Jets lose......and of course, we know what happened to the Patsies on Thursday night....:towel:

Speaking of which....this place used to be chock full of Patriots fans....now it's like someone turned on the lights in a room full of cockroaches....:unsure:

I'm quiet cause those damn Colts suck.

1 hour ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

If the Raiders don’t fire their coach or at least d coach it’s a travesty… LOL what a clown show… embarrassing! 

I think the scuttle butt is there really isn't any cash in the organization to fire their HC.  At least that will be their excuse.  They really only have themselves to blame.  Gruden cost them a lot of money.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

I think the scuttle butt is there really isn't any cash in the organization to fire their HC.  At least that will be their excuse.  They really only have themselves to blame.  Gruden cost them a lot of money.

I believe the rumour is that it’s the estate tax Davis would pay upon the death of his 90+ year old mother would leave him short on cash. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, DonLever said:

Pretty amazing performance for a guy that was traded 48 hours.  Leads new team tthat was down 2 touchdowns with 5 minutes left and wins the game.  No matter what you say about Baker Mayfield, he is a quick learner.

They said something in the post game that struck me....Can't remember who it was, but they quoted McVay as saying he "Loved Mayfield's attitude/swagger"....

I've been watching him since his college days (Go Sooners!) and the best word to describe Baker's attitude is "cocky". I believe one of the reasons he's failed as an NFL QB, is that he's too stubborn to realize that he can't make the throws into tight coverage that he got away with in college. (and he got away with a lot. Many times I saw him throw completions into windows that I thought he had no chance on)

Thing is, in the pros, you really do have no chance of making those completions.

I would imagine that Mayfield's cocky attitude, (considering his record) wore thin very quickly in Cleveland and Carolina. If McVay truly "loves it", then maybe there's some room for Baker to improve his decision making with a more supportive coach.

Or, OTOH, maybe that was just one of the occasional flashes of brilliance that we see from Baker every once in a while and he'll revert to form next week....:P

Every team cheats!

The NFL has fined the New Orleans Saints, several of the team's coaches and defensive end Cameron Jordan more than half a million dollars for faking an injury during the team's loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on "Monday Night Football," sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Saturday.

The Saints were fined $350,000, head coach Dennis Allen $100,000, co-defensive coordinator Ryan Nielsen $50,000 and Jordan $50,000 for their roles in the fourth-quarter delay. All parties plan to appeal their fines, the sources added.