The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Troy Aikman@TroyAikman

These games are a joke.

Andrew Brandt@adbrandt

Feel for the Packers. Seeing a lot of "tipping point" comments. The way the owners negotiate, that still may not be the case.

Paul Bissonnette@BizNasty2point0

Well atleast the NHL has its referee situation under control.....

I laughed at the comment by Biz so hard

More from twitter:

Botch:

One ref called TD, the other was calling jump ball

Patrick Chung of the pats:

Wow.. Speechless on this green bay/Seattle game

Luuu:

I don't even know if this is football anymore.... #NFL

Ryan Whitney

"Upon further review the ball was intercepted by the shortstop, and the Supersonics win!" -Refauxree

Wont let me post the pic, but it sums up everything

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A3m_fiPCIAEYqBC.jpg:large

So the stories keep getting better and better.

Apparently the NFL hired guys who were fired from the Lingerie Football League. Not sure if they reffed today but here is the story.

http://deadspin.com/5946112/

The Lingerie Football League Announces That It Fired “A Couple Crews Which Apparently Are Now Officiating In The NFL” Because Of Incompetence

1342888_32.jpg Jack Dickey

After the Hall of Fame game in August, Mike Pereira let it slip that Craig Ochoa, the referee who worked that game, had been fired from the Lingerie Football League. The Lingerie Football League—which recently uprooted itself from its US host cities to barnstorm in Canada, the United States, and Australia over the next year—didn't respond to our request for comment on Pereira's charge then.

But now they have, and, boy, oh boy, this is great:

Because of the LFL's perception it is that much more critical for us to hire officiating crews that are competent, not only for the credibility of our game but to keep our athletes safer. Due to several on-field incompetent officiating we chose to part ways with with a couple crews which apparently are now officiating in the NFL. We have a lot of respect for our officials but we felt the officiating was not in line with our expectations.

We have not made public comment to date because we felt it was not our place to do so. However in light of tonight's event, we felt it was only fair that NFL fans knew the truth as to who are officiating these games.

If there was ever a reason for a public statement from a third-tier football league at 12:28 a.m. on a Tuesday, tonight's debacle was it. And, yup, Roger Goodell, you just got served. By the commissioner of the Lingerie Football League. Eat it.

If this isn't the final straw I don't what is. The Packers got snaked HEAVY!!! This just got to another level right now where the integrity of the game is being compromised.

Tate didn't even catch the freaking ball. The Packers defender clearly made the catch and as he was falling to the ground Tate just grabbed the ball in a last ditch attempt to make it look like a simultaneous catch.

I can't believe the refs could get duped like that. Even Tate was thanking his savior for letting that touchdown stand he knows he didn't catch that.

What absolute total garbage.

Edited by Terry Crews