The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Today hasn't lived up to the hype.

And you wonder why I rarely watch Thursday games. :lol:

I know the schedule is made in advance of the season, but when you have 2 suspect defenses (Chicago and Dallas) playing 2 high powered offenses (Detroit and Philly) it was pretty easy to see that the scores probably wouldn't be close.

The 49ers Seahawks game had no excuse to be a dud. The 49ers just got bullied out there in all 3 phases of the game. Hopefully the rematch in a couple weeks is more to standard, though 49ers history at Century Link in recent years would suggest otherwise.

I know the schedule is made in advance of the season, but when you have 2 suspect defenses (Chicago and Dallas) playing 2 high powered offenses (Detroit and Philly) it was pretty easy to see that the scores probably wouldn't be close.

The 49ers Seahawks game had no excuse to be a dud. The 49ers just got bullied out there in all 3 phases of the game. Hopefully the rematch in a couple weeks is more to standard, though 49ers history at Century Link in recent years would suggest otherwise.

To be fair to the 49ers, their D played great, as good as a D can be played when their mediocre offence, led by QB who has tended to play mediocre vs good teams (with far fewer exceptions than the rule) and make their D look far better. Not to take away from Seattle's D, they are great, but the 49ers made Denver's D look amazing too.

49ers have a good future in their linebacker positions, Borland and Lynch are just red hot and making fans forget about Bowman/Willis. I think Kaepernick just signed a long contract, so the 49ers are basically aiming to make the same mistake of holding onto Kaepernick too long like they did Alex Smith.

Either way, 49ers are looking at something more like a 9-7 finish to the season. Next week is a good ol' Bay Area match vs. the Raiders.

Edited by Mr. Ambien

Kaepernick is terrible. SanFran has the best weapons in the game and he is still that bad. It's like the opposite of Wilson who probably has some of the worst weapons (aside from the most important running back) in the game and he can make plays with his legs and is very accurate. Harbaugh is done at the end of this year and Kaepernick will be cut and paid his guarenteed money of his ridiculous contract.

Kaepernick is terrible. SanFran has the best weapons in the game and he is still that bad. It's like the opposite of Wilson who probably has some of the worst weapons (aside from the most important running back) in the game and he can make plays with his legs and is very accurate. Harbaugh is done at the end of this year and Kaepernick will be cut and paid his guarenteed money of his ridiculous contract.

I actually think Harbaugh is the glue that's keeping these guy's together. Once he goes, this team will be in shambles lol. Can't wait!

I actually think Harbaugh is the glue that's keeping these guy's together. Once he goes, this team will be in shambles lol. Can't wait!

I agree, he's a great coach. You can tell there is a disconnect on the team though. The personnel on that team is as good as it gets but there are too many attitudes. Aldon Smith is literally a thug. Kaepernick cares about shoes more than football. From what i've read Crabtree and Harbaugh do not get along. So much wrong with that team.

Kaepernick is far too off than on.

And Seattle has gotten away with quite a number of non-calls, namely a block in the back on that big TD run, a number of defensive holds not called.. Pete Carroll thinks it's a conspiracy when it's the fact that his team's overaggressiveness is what should be getting them more calls. He should be thankful he gets so many non-calls too.

It's not just the penalty yards on the Seahawks they are talking about. It's about the fact that 8 of the 10 opponents they have played before this week were below their season average in penalties. 6 of those 8 were well below their average.

Just last week the NFL said there were 2 missed interference calls in the KC game including the non call on Baldwin in the endzone. Last week against Arizona the refs seemed incapable of calling false starts against the Cards including a running back taking 2 steps before the snap seen by entire Seahawks defence.

What's funny, I am watching the post game interview with Pete as I type this and he commented on this again. He clarified on his earlier comment by saying he just wished they would call the same things against the other teams.

That being said I think a lot of stuff was let go by the refs for both teams this game but a lot of the Seahawks calls just happened to be in big plays. Marshaun taunting, wtf? Two touchdowns called back as well.

If Washington decides to get rid Griffin I'd like to see what he'd do in Houston. Also, Although they won't trade him within the division, it would be fun to watch him in Philadelphia. Would be a good fit for that chip Kelly system.

That would make plenty sense. He still has talent. Just needs a system that fits his talents and has to bulk up to become more durable.. I think he could get back to a pro bowl level in the system in Philly. I mean look at Sanchez. He actually looks half decent as a game manager.

FLY EAGLES FLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big game, big win.

Love the whooping. Next game will be a good test before round 2 against Dallas.

NFL takes a commercial break with 6 seconds left in the half.. really?

Apparently there are 100 commercials throughout an NFL game on average.

Man, Phillys uptempo O really ran the gas outta The cowboys D early. Glad Seattle has 10 days to rest up for them.

Getting Wagner back last week was huge and he continued his stellar play tonight. Great game.

Will be a good test. Can't wait. Should be a fun game to see where the offence is at against a top defense.

9ers will virtually never beat the Hawks. Hawks defense is too good for Kaep and their offense.

Kaepernick is 1-3 against the Hawks and has 2 TD's, 7 INT's, QB rating just above 50. He just can't figure them out and I honestly don't think you can. As long as his struggles continue against Seattle, 9ers will never win.

Kaepernick's regular-season record as a starting QB against Seattle fell to 1-3, as opposed to his 23-8 record against everyone else, and his completion percentage of 51.6 pales in comparison to his 61.5 against all other opponents. His yards per attempt against Seattle is 5.5, and 8.0 against other teams, and his TD-INT ratio vs. the Seahawks is 2-7, compared to 44-12 vs. the rest of the NFL.

Edited by TheRussianRocket™

Ray Rice wins appeal, eligible to play

Ray Rice has won his appeal against the NFL, and is now eligible to play immediately:

Rice had been suspended since September 8 following the public disclosure of a videotape which showed Rice striking his then-fiancee in an Atlantic City elevator. Rice had been suspended for two games prior to the release of the videotape, but in the wake of public outrage — Rice knocked Janay Palmer unconscious with a punch — the NFL suspended Rice indefinitely.

suspended-baltimore-ravens-ray-rice-2014

NEW YORK, NY - NOVEMBER 05: Suspended Baltimore Ravens football player Ray Rice ® and his wife Janay Palmer arrive …

The NFL maintained that it had not seen the incriminating videotape when commissioner Roger Goodell levied the two-game suspension this past summer.

However, Rice argued that the NFL was in possession of all the facts of the case at the time of punishment, and that he was in effect being punished twice for the same offense. Rice appealed the NFL's decision at a hearing in early November, a hearing at which Goodell testified.

At that hearing, Ravens GM Ozzie Newsome indicated that in discussions with Goodell, Rice had confessed to hitting Palmer. But Goodell and the NFL maintained that Rice had been less than truthful in his account of the night in question.

Rice was released by Baltimore in September and is currently a free agent. He is eligible to be signed by any team, though there is considerable question about whether he'll be able to contribute to a team on the field or overcome what would surely be substantial protest against him off it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/ray-rice-wins-appeal--eligible-to-play-200153633.html