The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

I'd say knocking your fiance out cold with a right hook is far far worse than using a switch on the back of your kids legs.

One has the potential to cause serious injury, the other while terrible, is only going to cause superficial wounds.

His fiance came out fine and then supported him entirely as a grown independent woman.

AP stuffed a 4 year old's mouth with leaves, pulled his pants down, and beat him with a stick so violently that the child's legs, butt, back, and scrotum were bruised and bleeding. The marks and cuts were so deep that they were still visible to be photographed a week after the incident. His son also told police that AP hit him in the face and he was afraid he would get hit in the face again for speaking to the police.

The potential cause for serious injury was there and to me the details are far more graphic and disturbing.

His fiance came out fine and then supported him entirely as a grown independent woman.

AP stuffed a 4 year old's mouth with leaves, pulled his pants down, and beat him with a stick so violently that the child's legs, butt, back, and scrotum were bruised and bleeding. The marks and cuts were so deep that they were still visible to be photographed a week after the incident. His son also told police that AP hit him in the face and he was afraid he would get hit in the face again for speaking to the police.

The potential cause for serious injury was there and to me the details are far more graphic and disturbing.

Yeah I'd say the AP incident was worse.

Is Foles going to back next week?

No. The current reports are that he won't be ready to return until Week 16 at earliest which is another 2 games missed. Plus there is a remaining vibe that even when he is healthy he may not get his job back, especially if Sanchez plays well against the Seahawks and Cowboys again in those 2 games.

Bills over Browns seems reasonable.

Falcons over Cards though? #loco

I don't hate it. The Cards have mainly been carried by defense and with Stanton the offense has been pretty bad. Stanton point output...

Vs Sea: 3 Points

Vs Det: 6 Points

Vs Den: 20 Points (3rd string QB threw the only TD though Stanton had 0 in a blowout loss)

Vs SF: 14 Points

Vs NYG: 14 Points

They play in ATL where the Falcons average 30.2 points per game.

Could be a trap game.

I'd say knocking your fiance out cold with a right hook is far far worse than using a switch on the back of your kids legs.

One has the potential to cause serious injury, the other while terrible, is only going to cause superficial wounds.

After reading the descriptions of what happened, and the kid's fear of talking to police because he might get hit again, I'd say the wounds will extend beyond superficially into the emotional and mental phases. Rice's fiance isn't going to have any emotional or mental scarring, certainly won't be scared of getting hit again, she won't be home anyways she'll be strutting through the malls with all those millions in her back pocket now. Meanwhile AP's kid is going to have issues to deal with growing up, not only from the memories of the abuse, but also the confusion of what's going on, why he's on the news, etc.

• Upvote 1

The fiance was was fighting with Rice. She was not innocent in the action that led to the punch. The child, virtually by definition, was innocent.

I know I'm biased of course, but if I've said it once I'll say it a million times, Buffalo has some of the best sports fans around.

A former linebacker for the Bills went broke trying to keep his business afloat through the recession, just so his employees could keep drawing paychecks. Since then, the NFL and the Buffalo Bills have screwed him over on his retirement and disability. He languishes in pain all day and reluctantly accepts help from frmr. Bills teammates to make his rent and pay his health premiums (He gets his insurance through the Obamacare health exchange). He had a heart attack in his 40's and has been showing serious effects of the concussion syndrome that other NFL players like Junior Seau have had and have committed suicide over.

In the last 60 hours, Buffalo Bills fans have raised over $100,000 so far to help Darryl Talley with his current predicament in the hopes that the NFL will finally and hopefully get things settled with players like him. http://www.gofundme.com/hvkgjo

Some people are complaining about money being raised for a former millionaire, and everybody who has donated has pretty much the same response, "It's our money that we worked for that we are donating, and we can do whatever the hell we want with it".

Here's Darryl Talley's story in case anybody is interested in reading it: http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/broke-and-broken-20141126

Sports Illustrated article: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11952955/buffalo-bills-fans-raise-100000-darryl-talley-former-linebacker

*edit* Looks like the guy who started the donation page has it on hold now. Talley isn't sure that he will accept them. His wife is willing to accept the funds, but Darryl said that he doesn't want to be a burden.

*2nd edit* Looks like the page is going again. It's up to almost $112,000.

Edited by SabreFan1

Yeah the Bills is more likely.

I have a feeling the Cardinals offense won’t do squat, plus it pays pretty well :P

I'm worried about Cleveland's running back that came back last week. He has fresh legs and is very healthy and he had a great receiving game this past Sunday.