The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

WTF? Was what I thought when I had to double take to make sure he actually had a Bobby Hoying jersey on his wall xD

Nice catch. I didn't notice that. He's reaching pretty far back with that one. Hoying was only in the league for a few years, way back when.

Nice catch. I didn't notice that. He's reaching pretty far back with that one. Hoying was only in the league for a few years, way back when.

Yes I had to relook up his painful career.

He appeared in 1 game in 1996 and had 1 NFL snap, he was sacked for a loss of 10 yards.

He played in 22 total games in his career (15 as an Eagle) and passed for 11 TD's all of which came in 1 season.

The most games he played in a season was 8 in his final year as an Eagle and he threw 0 TD's, 9 INTs, and fumbled 6 times.

The fact that he has a Hoying jersey in proud display made my day xD

Rumour out there:

Eagles get: #1 pick and Mike Evans.

Bucs get: Nick Foles, Eagles 1-3 rounds this and next year. And rounds 1-2 in 2017.

Holy crap. If this is true, wow. Kelly going nuts! From a now perspective, this trade would be a huge win bringing in a legitimate #1 WR and 1st overall. Down the road, it'll kill them. Just a rumour so don't know if true but if it is and Kelly takes Mariota, he's got Duck fever...

Rumour out there:

Bucs get: Nick Foles, Eagles 1-3 rounds this and next year. And rounds 1-2 in 2017.

Holy crap. If this is true, wow. Kelly going nuts! From a now perspective, this trade would be a huge win bringing in a legitimate #1 WR and 1st overall. Down the road, it'll kill them. Just a rumour so don't know if true but if it is and Kelly takes Mariota, he's got Duck fever...

There is no way that this is true. The Eagles would cripple their future if they did a deal like this.

Crazy the best safety in his era got cut. Really hope Seattle picks him up

He hasn't been cut yet (afaik). The Steelers have said they aren't keeping him this season and they are hoping that he'll retire so they won't take a hit against their cap space.

Guest Dasein

Crazy the best safety in his era got cut. Really hope Seattle picks him up

But would he even get playing time?

Makes no sense for Troy - he might as well retire than go to Seattle

There is no way that this is true. The Eagles would cripple their future if they did a deal like this.

Honestly I wouldn't see it as bad for Eagles. Evans is only 21 and looks like a legit #1 WR. Then of course Mariota is also only 21 and could be a franchise QB.

The Eagles lose 2 first round picks, 2 second round picks, and 1 third round pick. Sounds like a lot but keep in mind they are getting back essentially a #1 and a #7 pick. The real difference is only 3 picks, losing the 2 seconds and the 3rd to bridge the difference in gaps from the 1st rounders given (which this year is a late 1st and could very well be another late pick next year).

I would say the Eagles make out well in that. RG3 alone cost 3 first round picks and a 2nd and that started with the 6th overall pick.

I would take that if I was the Eagles

Honestly I wouldn't see it as bad for Eagles. Evans is only 21 and looks like a legit #1 WR. Then of course Mariota is also only 21 and could be a franchise QB.

The Eagles lose 2 first round picks, 2 second round picks, and 1 third round pick. Sounds like a lot but keep in mind they are getting back essentially a #1 and a #7 pick. The real difference is only 3 picks, losing the 2 seconds and the 3rd to bridge the difference in gaps from the 1st rounders given (which this year is a late 1st and could very well be another late pick next year).

I would say the Eagles make out well in that. RG3 alone cost 3 first round picks and a 2nd and that started with the 6th overall pick.

I would take that if I was the Eagles

You are crazy... <_<

Rumour out there:

There is no way I do that trade. Good for you with gettting Evans who is a legit number one and Mariota a POSSIBLE franchise qb. But you give up:

3 firsts, 3 seconds and 2 3rds in this deal.

How exactly do you replace McCoy with no draft picks the next 3 years? And I get that Kiko makes a pretty good inside linebacking core, but how exactly do you fix that atrocious secondary?

If Chip makes this deal he is on way too much of a power trip on his way to get his quarterback he had in college.

You know that Kelly wants Mariotta and with the McCoy trade they need to get him now since McCoy carried the offense and Foles has regressed.

Another Oregon Duck. That would be hilarious. I wonder if he'll drop to their 20th pick. It would be costly for them to move up the board.

Since Chip Kelly won the power struggle against the GM however, it's very possible.

If you were an Eagles fan, you would have no say in the decision. :blink::P

True LOL. I didn’t see that it was rounds 1-3 next year as well so I wouldn’t actually do that, it would be massive overpayment.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000476093/article/andre-johnson-laughed-at-not-starting-for-texans

That is ridiculous. Bill O’Brien sat down Andre Johnson and said he was only going to catch 40 balls this year lmfao.

Edited by The Magician

But would he even get playing time?

Makes no sense for Troy - he might as well retire than go to Seattle

As an SC fan, Pete would find a way to encorporate TP43. Could see him play a will lb spot in 34 fronts like he did at USC

Wow. Things have gotten crazy for the Bills. LeSean McCoy doesn't want to come to Buffalo because of the weather and because the Bills have lost many games over the last 15 years years (even though they went 9-7 last season). Modern day NFL players are such whiny little b*tches. They make millions of dollars and like I said before, are afraid of getting the sniffles.

It's also rumoured that Kiko didn't want to be in Buffalo either. My guess is since he's from and lives in California, that he doesn't like the snow and cold either.

*edit* Kept reading more tweets and articles. The Kiko rumour was false. He didn't ask for a trade.

Edited by SabreFan1