The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

R G M G part 2 [ST.LOUIS AND TAMPA BAY OPEN!]

Patrick Kane

Lol, I will admit, this is a bit pathetic, but heres my reasons.

NHL lockout. Essentially what are we drafting for? For the 2013/14 NHL season? Pretty much. There's a SLIM chance there is a season this year, and with that in mind, it loses all interest from GM's and commissioners I mean, I feel no rush to finish this draft of, mainly because even if we finished now, all of our teams would be sitting there doing nothing. If you're losing interest now, you will probably lose interest in 4 months. The NHL is not coming back this year, so this pool is essentially dead, but quitting is just telling me;

A) You would bail anyways

B) For some reason you want to finish this draft off, even though the main rounds are over with, and the depth picks remain.

C) You believe there will be an NHL season.

D) You have nothing better to do.

Now I may sound like a prick, but my mentality this whole time is why pressure to make you guys pick, if theres no future outlook for the league until September 2013? I honestly believe there will be a full lockout, and if for some reason there IS a season, a live-draft during Christmas break to finish off the 4/5 rounds we have left can be done.

There is no point quitting if you are thinking about it. You've spent the last 4 months drafting. There will be no NHL season. I don't ask for any commitment on your part at the moment, except making your pick if possible.

I have to agree with Kane's big post. Especially A

I can honestly say I wont be quitting this league at all. Sure, ill lose some vets (Hejduk) to retirement, but we will have another Entry Draft so it happens... If ppl lose interest, they are cancers for the league.

What do you guys think about doing a live draft in the winter break?

This draft is going way too slow and we haven't had the time either because of exams and such. The remaining few rounds are always hard, a live draft would speed things up and get this over with. Then we don't have to really check this thread much until the lockout is over or next season.

What do you guys think about doing a live draft in the winter break?

This draft is going way too slow and we haven't had the time either because of exams and such. The remaining few rounds are always hard, a live draft would speed things up and get this over with. Then we don't have to really check this thread much until the lockout is over or next season.

Archived