The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

Hate those hail Mary/PI last minute clock countdown situations...a game could end without a chance to respond. LaRose eliminated the possibility and the anxiety. Well done.

So do I, and the way this game was being called, a bad pi call wasn't out of the question. Good way to end it, don't give the refs a chance to make the call.

• Upvote 1

I said it a long time ago...watch out for Antolin...this kid is the real deal..thats why he was kept on the PR...I say goodbye Logan soon.

What's been wrong with Logan and Tim Brown? Have they been passed over or is Benevides just waiting to spring Logan and Brown in the playoffs and ride out Antolin the remaining 2 games while the other 2 get fully healthy?

Logan seems to have lost a step and can't seem to stay healthy this year. I think you could keep Brown around for another year based on his production returning kicks and punts this year but he too should be on a short leash as always with him being on the wrong side of 30.

Antolin seems like a slightly faster, obviously younger, north-south one cut downhill power runner compared to Tim Brown or Logan who is a scat back and struggles between the tackles.

I'm interested to see what the Lions do at the running back and receiving positions next year with the emergence of Ernest Jackson. How do they fit 3 import wrs and 2 import rbs on the gameday roster.

Harris is obviously still the main back but will they bring in a bigger import back or drat a Canadian to back him up and push Antolin and Brown.

If Logan doesn't play the rest of the season but Tim Brown does it will show which way the Lions are leaning in the off-season.

Wow 10 sacks in a game has to be close to a record

I don't think the play of the Leos' defensive backs can be understated in this.

The pass rush was good and I liked the decision from the coaching staff to put extra pressure on Willy, but there were a bunch of those sacks that were the result of him hanging on to the ball too long, because he couldn't find an open receiver.

Really like what I see from Beck; showed good poise in a pressure situation. I'd love to see what he can do over the rest of the regular season until Lulay's ready to go.

Beck is an interesting player. He has the pedigree - can he become a pro in the CFL? Good showing last game.

CFL officiating has gotten almost as bad as the NHL.

I'd say its there. Getting tired of the refs having SO MUCH impact on the games. Not just talking Lions either.

Beck is an interesting player. He has the pedigree - can he become a pro in the CFL? Good showing last game.

At 33, he has a tough road a head of him. I've liked him since I saw him throwing 55 yard bombs in the preseason. He was throwing from center field and was nailing the uprights every time.

I just want to see him play a full game Considering we are in the playoffs and a loss would probably be a good thing, I say give him at least one of the next two games. Hard to get any rhythm going when he only gets 5 or 6 plays.