The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

I'd say its there. Getting tired of the refs having SO MUCH impact on the games. Not just talking Lions either.

At 33, he has a tough road a head of him. I've liked him since I saw him throwing 55 yard bombs in the preseason. He was throwing from center field and was nailing the uprights every time.

I just want to see him play a full game Considering we are in the playoffs and a loss would probably be a good thing, I say give him at least one of the next two games. Hard to get any rhythm going when he only gets 5 or 6 plays.

Agreed. Hopefully Lulay can be healthy by playoffs. If not, well - I'd rather not...

Does anyone feel that Benny is on his last legs as coach..Wally has a short fuse for futility.....and it kills me to see Reilly blossom into a really good QB and we have Lulay on the sidelines for a year and a half and who knows if he will ever be the same....

Does anyone feel that Benny is on his last legs as coach..Wally has a short fuse for futility.....and it kills me to see Reilly blossom into a really good QB and we have Lulay on the sidelines for a year and a half and who knows if he will ever be the same....

I've felt that Benny has been on his last legs since last season.

The guy talks a lot without really saying to much. And any coach who thinks he has to run out and high-five or butt-slap players constantly during games thinking it'll make them his friend is not long for coaching.

Last week one of the defensive players came running to the sideline after a huge defensive play (name escapes me now). Benny came 10 yards onto the field thinking the player was coming to chest-bump and hug him, but the player ran right past him to give Mark Washington a huge hug on the sideline. Made Benny look stupid.

I've really thought for a couple of seasons now that he's tried too hard to be loved by his players, but coaches who do this don't earn the respect of their players. Some of the greatest coaches in the league (Wally, Matthews...etc) couldn't give a crap whether their players liked them, yet were some of the most successful and respected coaches in league history.

I've felt that Benny has been on his last legs since last season.

The guy talks a lot without really saying to much. And any coach who thinks he has to run out and high-five or butt-slap players constantly during games thinking it'll make them his friend is not long for coaching.

Last week one of the defensive players came running to the sideline after a huge defensive play (name escapes me now). Benny came 10 yards onto the field thinking the player was coming to chest-bump and hug him, but the player ran right past him to give Mark Washington a huge hug on the sideline. Made Benny look stupid.

I've really thought for a couple of seasons now that he's tried too hard to be loved by his players, but coaches who do this don't earn the respect of their players. Some of the greatest coaches in the league (Wally, Matthews...etc) couldn't give a crap whether their players liked them, yet were some of the most successful and respected coaches in league history.

Players play for leaders, not friends. Becoming friends with your players as a coach empowers them to not give their best effort every down because they know their "buddy" will allow them to keep going out there.

With Lulay's health a concern, I'm not very optimistic about next season either, if Glenn is the only option. Reilly would look pretty good in a Leo's uniform about now.

We have other options though, and that's what is so frustrating. Can't expect much out of Beck when he gets thrown into the fir mid game, especially whaen its already over.

Beck needs to be given a start. It doesn't matter if we win/lose at this point, so they really have nothing to lose.

I'm actaully happy now that BC lost. They lost whatever hope they had at hosting a home playoff date, and the profits that went with it. Hit the owner in the pocket book, changes need to be made. Perhaps he will care a little more after yesterdays embarassment.

Another QB that could have a decent future is Jordan Rodgers. He's gonna need time to adapt to the CFL game, but could be the answer next season if Lulay is done.

The thing is that they extended Benevides at the beginning of the season before the team even played a match. Was a mind boggling move, seeing as he hasn't done anything particularly great since taking the team over. There should have been a lot to think about with him going into his last contract year. Instead he managed to get a couple of more years locked in without having to really earn them.