The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

Lions have a good chance at repeating, their defense has been solid for the last couple weeks and Lulay has shown that he can battle back after making a mistake.

Not a die hard fan like I am with the Canucks but I watch everytime I found myself in front of the TV and I see there is a game on.

Well, I'm getting ready for the 12 hour drive to see the Lions vs. the Riders game tomorrow. I'm from the Williams Lake area and as a tradition my dad and I try and make 1 game every year. But because of the 4:00 start time we have to leave home at 3 at night. lol But that's the price you pay when you're a die hard fan! :lol:

It takes you 12 hours to drive from Williams Lake to Vancouver????

I used to make the trip from PG in less than 10....

BTW: Nice win for the Leos. Defense looks very good. Bighill and Muamba look like the real deal.

Crazy start.................then the Lions looked a little sketchy (could the D please tackle someone!!!!) ....

.....but when they finally everthing rolled a long fine from there.

:towel:

I was up in Whistler all weekend and after the first qtr. at the game I was almost asleep, total snooze fest. Lions definitly kicked it up before the half and then continued after the half. Totally controlled them. Missed tackles are still brutal. Easily 4 or so easy misses.

Lots of brutal non calls by the officials again this game. Browns return on the missed FG was awesome!

Called it.

Here, have this:

GoldStar.jpg

Edited by zero-ONE-three

BTW: Nice win for the Leos. Defense looks very good. Bighill and Muamba look like the real deal.

lol no kidding. It should be 6 hours tops from the puddle. Leaving at 8am should give ample opportunity to get there in time for 4pm kickoff.

I remember my Uncles used to compete back in the day to see who could make it from Williams Lake to Vancouver the fastest. I believe the fastest was about 4 1/2 hours or so, and that was around 20 years ago.

A couple years back I did a round trip from Langley to Williams Lake and back in around 11 hours total.

Edited by zero-ONE-three

I was up in Whistler all weekend and after the first qtr. at the game I was almost asleep, total snooze fest. Lions definitly kicked it up before the half and then continued after the half. Totally controlled them. Missed tackles are still brutal. Easily 4 or so easy misses.

Lots of brutal non calls by the officials again this game. Browns return on the missed FG was awesome!

Yeah but he has to do that consistently. He was shutdown on punt returns the whole game. If it wasn't for the missed field goal return it would have been yet another bad game from Tim Brown as the returner.

The positive from last game is the emergence of Ernest Jackson filling in for Kierrie Johnson, Big guy with good speed that he showed on his td run when he took the sweep. Reminds me of Emmanuel Arceneaux a little bit.

Yeah but he has to do that consistently. He was shutdown on punt returns the whole game. If it wasn't for the missed field goal return it would have been yet another bad game from Tim Brown as the returner.

The positive from last game is the emergence of Ernest Jackson filling in for Kierrie Johnson, Big guy with good speed that he showed on his td run when he took the sweep. Reminds me of Emmanuel Arceneaux a little bit.

Agreed about Brown. I've stated it before and I still stick by it, I don't like him on returns, doesn't have the explosiveness that I see required. Still doesn't make that return any less awesome.

Would really like to see Reilly get a few more rep as well. Game was over 7 minutes into the 4th, no need to leave Lulay out there. Great crowd, it was good to see, over 34,000. Would be great to see around 40,000 against Montreal. Cavillo Vs. Lulay you would think would be an easy sell, especially on a weekend.

Edited by zero-ONE-three

I'm actually about an extra 3 hours west of the puddle, but that's the closest "big" town to where I live. haha Sucks, I know.

Anyway, it was a great time at the game. The stadium with the roof open was so enjoyable, it made up for the lame 1st half. lol And the 2nd half beat down was awesome. Still, there was WAY too much green in that crowd. It was actually kind of embarrassing. Just glad the Lions won so they had nothing to brag about. If it weren't for those extra Rider fans I bet you the attendance would have been in the mid to high 20's. What happened to all the Lions fans? :(

Edited by Jet_91

Agreed about Brown. I've stated it before and I still stick by it, I don't like him on returns, doesn't have the explosiveness that I see required. Still doesn't make that return any less awesome.

Would really like to see Reilly get a few more rep as well. Game was over 7 minutes into the 4th, no need to leave Lulay out there. Great crowd, it was good to see, over 34,000. Would be great to see around 40,000 against Montreal. Cavillo Vs. Lulay you would think would be an easy sell, especially on a weekend.

Me too. The return was good. But he just doesn't have the long speed to break away in the open field so he has to resort to cutting in and out instead of just going north/south as fast as possible.

The fact the Lions seem to have no problem with Tim Brown as the returner leads me to believe they think the blocking on returns is the problem and not Tim Brown.

I don't mind Brown as strictly the punt returner but he shouldn't be returning kickoffs he doesn't have the straight line speed for that.

Hopefully Kierrie Johnson comes back soon and gets a chance to return kickoffs and use his blazing speed.

Edited by Terry Crews

Hoping the Lions don't underestimate the Bombers, its game like these that are the most dangerous, against opponents who are struggling.

Anyways, was at the game Sunday and had a blast, our "wheat pickers" chant was awesome. We were sitting in lower bowl 224, then went up to 442 for the 2nd half cause some of our buddies always sit up there cause theres no lineups for beer or food and alot of empty seats, was fun razzing on the riders fans up there, im shocked security didnt talk to us lol

It will be interesting to see how Joey Elliot will do against BC's defense which gives QBs tons of different looks. Last week Elliot almost threw for 3 INTs even though he had a big game. He will have to play a lot smarter or else there will be a bunch of pick sixes out there.

Hopefully the Lions offense will be more consistent, but I can't complain about the playcalling this year. It's been very creative