The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

9 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

You'd think the Lions would mandate complete vaccinations to all their players. One of the players on the news last night said 5 of them are unvaxxed, sorry not good enough! The CFL is bleeding ca$h, and postponing or even canceling games would be catastrophic.

The whole CFL should have mandated vaccination.  

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, johngould21 said:

BC Place will be, so I assume the players won't get entry to play their games, just throwing that out there too.

Hopefully that’s the case, but the players don’t interact with the public.  Not too sure if that will be the rule.  The vast majority of CFL players are replaceable.  Just cut any idiot who refuses vaccination.  

• Cheers 1

52 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Hopefully that’s the case, but the players don’t interact with the public.  Not too sure if that will be the rule.  The vast majority of CFL players are replaceable.  Just cut any idiot who refuses vaccination.  

But, in fact they do interact, grocery shopping, gas stations, and they're in contact with two people that I know personally on the sidelines at each home game. Who, come in contact with us very regularly, one is family. I agree on the replaceable part, and the cutting part should be pretty easy to do..

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, johngould21 said:

But, in fact they do interact, grocery shopping, gas stations, and they're in contact with two people that I know personally on the sidelines at each home game. Who, come in contact with us very regularly, one is family. I agree on the replaceable part, and the cutting part should be pretty easy to do..

I didn’t know the players interact with the public during games.  It’s really an easy fix.  The league mandates vaccinations for all players and staff.  

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

I didn’t know the players interact with the public during games.  It’s really an easy fix.  The league mandates vaccinations for all players and staff.  

I should be clear in what I'm trying to say, it's their social outings during the week that they are out and about in the masses.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, johngould21 said:

I should be clear in what I'm trying to say, it's their social outings during the week that they are out and about in the masses.

It’s simple.  They player gets vaccinated or he gets sent back to Merica, where he can have his freedumb.  

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 2

15 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It’s simple.  They player gets vaccinated or he gets sent back to Merica, where he can have his freedumb.  

I completely agree. IMO though, the CFL hasn't read this properly. They've had almost two seasons to prepare for this, the Elks had positive cases prior to the start of the season, 3 weeks in 11 cases, OMG.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1