The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

Just now, gurn said:

Really bad time for a bad punt.

Really bad time for a few  bad penalties

Camacho picked a bad time to miss his first FG and shortly after the punter shanks it at the worst possible time. Saskatchewan deserved it at the end though, pretty exciting finish for them.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.....

I hate to rag on the guys, because they've both been good, but the kicking game caused that loss....

A 43 yard FG in a game like that has to be made. If Camacho makes it, the game is out of reach. However, sometimes your job as a player is to pick up your teammates and a 26 yard punt is anything but....

• Upvote 1

That was a rough, rough loss. I was at the game, right on the goal line but the stupid TSN camera rig was in the way so I couldn't see the decisive Rider TD. 3 bad plays led to that loss, and I think the Lions win that one 9/10 times if the scenario is like that again with 3 mins remaining. Lions seemed like the more talented team but much more raw, Riders made some veteran plays and took advantage.

Anyway, it still stings and Rider fans are the worst. They are the TML fans of the CFL with their posts and entitlement. I will really be cheering for the Riders to lose pretty much every game they play from here on out :D

Edited by Mr. Self Destruct
  • Cheers 4

On 9/28/2021 at 9:05 PM, Mr. Self Destruct said:

That was a rough, rough loss. I was at the game, right on the goal line but the stupid TSN camera rig was in the way so I couldn't see the decisive Rider TD. 3 bad plays led to that loss, and I think the Lions win that one 9/10 times if the scenario is like that again with 3 mins remaining. Lions seemed like the more talented team but much more raw, Riders made some veteran plays and took advantage.

Anyway, it still stings and Rider fans are the worst. They are the TML fans of the CFL with their posts and entitlement. I will really be cheering for the Riders to lose pretty much every game they play from here on out :D

The Lions need a real tailback..

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

On 9/28/2021 at 9:05 PM, Mr. Self Destruct said:

Riders fans remind me of some isolated town in Texas or something with absolutely nothing going on, so the entire community gets really into their High School football team and shows up to all their games. They get really obnoxious about it and leave the other towns going "whats wrong with those people"?

• Cheers 1

Hamilton and Montreal  go to overtime, Montreal wins.

Heck of a fun game, Montreal was down 17-3 came back to take the lead 20-17 with less than a minute on the clock. Hamilton ties it up, gets the ball first in overtime, but fumble and Montreal goes on to win. Huge win for a very injured team, they were really hurting on the O line.

• Like 1

On 10/1/2021 at 2:54 PM, McBackup said:

Riders fans remind me of some isolated town in Texas or something with absolutely nothing going on, so the entire community gets really into their High School football team and shows up to all their games. They get really obnoxious about it and leave the other towns going "whats wrong with those people"?

That's a great analogy, and really fits how those fans are. They win, they complain about the other team, the reffing, or anything else. They lose, they complain about the other team, the reffing, or anything else. A seriously annoying fanbase. 

Lions got smacked by the Bombers. Can really see the difference in talent and cohesiveness between the two clubs. If the Bombers don't win the Grey Cup, I'll be shocked. Most complete team in the CFL by far. 

I hope the Lions take advantage of their bye week and regroup. They can't afford to fall too far behind now.

• Vintage 1

On 10/3/2021 at 9:39 PM, Mr. Self Destruct said:

Lions got smacked by the Bombers. Can really see the difference in talent and cohesiveness between the two clubs. If the Bombers don't win the Grey Cup, I'll be shocked. Most complete team in the CFL by far. 

I hope the Lions take advantage of their bye week and regroup. They can't afford to fall too far behind now.

I can’t help but think that any team will not have a winning record with only 5 attempts to run the ball. They are wondering how to replace Lucky…maybe they could try running the ball if Reilly can get over himself. 

Edited by spur1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/5/2021 at 9:37 AM, spur1 said:

I can’t help but think that any team will not have a winning record with only 5 attempts to run the ball. They are wondering how to replace Lucky…maybe they could try running the ball if Reilly can get over himself. 

The Lions are definitely too pass happy and predictable. I miss the days of a healthy Dave Dickenson/Geroy Simon/Joe Smith offense. Very difficult to stop.

Edited by Mr. Self Destruct
Spelling :)
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2021 at 9:37 AM, spur1 said:

When was the last time they had a real good OL and a back with the speed,power, vision, or agility  to take advantage of the holes?

Maybe the nasty boys?

Angus Reid, Rob Murphy  and Jason Jimenez the latter were borderline dirty more than a few times.

The BC Lions last good RB was either Stefan Logan or Martell Mallett!!!

Andrew Harris was average in BC until he bulked up when he started juicing in Winnipeg.