The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

That was the weirdest end to a game ever. 

Thought we were done...TO had the ball and just had to run the clock out.  Get in the car, turn on the radio and....what???!! BC has the ball.  And we're setting up for the field goal.

And then miss....but it ties the game?!?

What a clustermuck of a game.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Thought we were done...TO had the ball and just had to run the clock out.  Get in the car, turn on the radio and....what???!! BC has the ball.  And we're setting up for the field goal.

You're too kind DLC! LOL!

1 hour ago, -DLC- said:

From the Province:

Kicker Jimmy Camacho was 0-3 on fourth-quarter field goals as the B.C. Lions fell 31-29 in overtime to the Toronto Argonauts Saturday afternoon at BMO Field.

He missed from 37, 50 and 37 yards. He had the potential game-winner from 50 yards blocked with 53 seconds left, and then after Toronto miscalculated the clock with two straight knees, the Lions got another shot from 37. He missed wide right, but the Lions got a single to tie the score at 23-23.

1 minute ago, DonLever said:

From the Province:

Kicker Jimmy Camacho was 0-3 on fourth-quarter field goals as the B.C. Lions fell 31-29 in overtime to the Toronto Argonauts Saturday afternoon at BMO Field.

He missed from 37, 50 and 37 yards. He had the potential game-winner from 50 yards blocked with 53 seconds left, and then after Toronto miscalculated the clock with two straight knees, the Lions got another shot from 37. He missed wide right, but the Lions got a single to tie the score at 23-23.

He was terrible.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just a horrible team overspent on Reilly. No running game. Offensive line is offensive. Defensively they can’t stop anyone. Kickers have been awful and have cost them at least two games this season. So bad in all three phases of the game. Also Reilly is so overrated. He often holds the ball too long and then he throws some lame ducks. It’s hard enough to have interest in the CFL these days. The lions being as bad as they are I can’t justify spending any money going to see them or waste any more time watching. They need to jettison Reilly and look for some new talent. Start with a few linemen that can pass block. 

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

I love my Lions, but lost interest on the year and that's never really happened before.  Didn't even know there was a game Friday.  Love Lucky & Burnham and feel bad because they've shown some spark...but we just can't compete this year.

I will never cheer for another team while we're "in it", but I'm interested to see the Blue Bombers this season (a big Bighill fan).  So I'll follow them once we're out.  Sad to say.

Next year I hope this team gives us something to cheer about....just not feeling it this year at all.

My wife has been a Lions fan since the early 60's. We turned the game off at the half. It's sad to see this franchise in the shape they're currently in. Hopefully the new ownership hires some football people this off season. The talent on the team is brutal, period. Maybe a management group of Geroy and Lulay can turn this around? The CFL has a great history in the country, but it's getting pretty hard to support the product on the field.

• Cheers 1
  • Sad 1
  • Vintage 2

I can deal with no hope for this year, as long as the team is providing hope of the future.

Identify and play those that will be here in the years to come, trade all the other players that you can.

Sell me on the newest, best prospect at running back, and quarterback; let me watch them grow into their new jobs.

Find another receiver to go along with Whitehead and Burnham, keeping in mind Burnham is now a 7 year vet, and arguably about to slow down.

Michael Reilley is now a 10 year vet, with a currently weak arm, he is also 36 years old.

Sell me on the future as the right now is BRUTAL.

Edited by gurn
  • Cheers 3

Add:

Need a kick returner as Rainey is no longer good enough

Also the trade deadline was Oct 27, so too late to do much now, other than perhaps release some people and replace them? or just bench the vets and play the young ones to see who can stick next season.

• Upvote 1