The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

OK, Rourke again...showing so much poise. And I agree, that footwork! It reminds me of how Petey can use a subtle little shift to clear up some room for himself...Rourke is really firing the team up and taking control. 

• Vintage 2

Everything is great in leoland but these useless qb sneaks on 2nd and less than a yard are driving me nuts. Make a pass, hand it off, at least give a chance for some extra yards and reduce the risk of rourke getting injured. If it's 3rd down, sneak away!

• Cheers 1

I'm a bit curious as to why the back up Qb doesn't get play time in the last few minutes?.

I know the cfl and scoring in a few minutes can happen, but yesterday for instance the leos were up by two touch downs, yet Rourke came out for the final possession.

Winnipeg and Calgary playing at 4 pacific, today.

Calgary is 2 points back with a game in hand (today)

Winnipeg is 4 points up, and will have played 2 more games, after today.

Not sure who I want wining, so I'll hope for a tie.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, gurn said:

I'm a bit curious as to why the back up Qb doesn't get play time in the last few minutes?.

I know the cfl and scoring in a few minutes can happen, but yesterday for instance the leos were up by two touch downs, yet Rourke came out for the final possession.

I wondered the same thing. Honest question, how many of you thought the game was over in the first quarter going into the second?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

I wondered the same thing. Honest question, how many of you thought the game was over in the first quarter going into the second?

CFL -games aren't over till   late in the fourth quarter, with a big 2tds lead.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, johngould21 said:

I did not (honest answer).

I have faith in Rourke and feel he isn't easily rattled/deterred. I think he has some real star qualities...composure, poise, patience and he's building a lot of confidence.

When they scored before the half ended, I had a feeling that was the turning point. Rourke was fired up on the sidelines, urging the guys on and I loved seeing that side of him.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

I have faith in Rourke and feel he isn't easily rattled/deterred. I think he has some real star qualities...composure, poise, patience and he's building a lot of confidence.

When they scored before the half ended, I had a feeling that was the turning point. Rourke was fired up on the sidelines, urging the guys on and I loved seeing that side of him.

As you have said, he sure does have leadership qualities. The receiving core on this team is top two in the CFL too.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

As you have said, he sure does have leadership qualities. The receiving core on this team is top two in the CFL too.

....and most of this season's success was without the best possession guy in Bryan Burnham.

Rhymes, Hatcher, Cottoy....these guys have all stepped up in a big way. That TD by JC yesterday.....completely mistimed his jump, but managed to pull it in using his hands....with a DB draped all over him....

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

33 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Everything about this kid impresses me. You mentioned last night his footwork on that TD…cool as a cucumber with that half step/slide to avoid the pass rush and still knew exactly where his receiver was!

I liked his interview at end of their last game where took ownership and said he had to play better but I couldn’t help thinking maybe don’t be so hard on yourself  and enjoy the victory. Then last night’s interview he references that and says he’s got to learn that wins are hard to come by in this league.  He is a natural leader who has got the respect of teammates in a remarkably short time.

Mosaic Field is a tough place to grab a win so that was very satisfying.

I tried to share the All Access from the Lion’s site but don’t have Facebook or Twitter so if anyone has either maybe they could share it here for those that might lurk here occasionally?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

....and most of this season's success was without the best possession guy in Bryan Burnham.

Rhymes, Hatcher, Cottoy....these guys have all stepped up in a big way. That TD by JC yesterday.....completely mistimed his jump, but managed to pull it in using his hands....with a DB draped all over him....

If that was an NFL game, we would be seeing highlites for the next century, well maybe not me.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

What has impressed me the most with Rourke is that he will go through his reads in the pocket and step up to avoid getting sacked. A lot of young QBs just bail out of there when there's a bit of pressure. The Lions offensive line has a lot to do with that too. They have been giving Rourke tons of time to go through his reads. He's such a pleasure to watch. Can't wait to go to the game against the Elks. I haven't gone to any games since Lulay was the starter. I went to the Winnipeg game this season. Even though we lost and the crowd wasn't huge, there's this buzz and positive vibe at the stadium that I haven't experienced since the days of Casey Printers and Dave Dickenson. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

The Seahawks have peaked and Russell is gone so I am back into the Lions camp. Roarke is fun to watch but the d-side is also much better. That said I watched the 

Calgary-Winnipeg game and they were very good. I think the Lions can build thru the season and challenge. 

• Upvote 1