The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

9 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

The Seahawks have peaked and Russell is gone so I am back into the Lions camp. Roarke is fun to watch but the d-side is also much better. That said I watched the 

Calgary-Winnipeg game and they were very good. I think the Lions can build thru the season and challenge. 

The other really important factor for BC is that we have a run game with Butler and lots of different options so we keep the opponents guessing. Rourke can spread things out between the roster. His ability to make decisions quickly (and take off and run if needed) is huge.

Hatcher, Rhymes, Cottoy, Scarfone, Whitehead, Butler all contribute (have I forgotten anyone?).

It's great to see everyone involved and not be so predictable. I mean, with Burnham out it's nice that we have things covered so well.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, -DLC- said:

The other really important factor for BC is that we have a run game with Butler and lots of different options so we keep the opponents guessing. Rourke can spread things out between the roster. His ability to make decisions quickly (and take off and run if needed) is huge.

Hatcher, Rhymes, Cottoy, Scarfone, Whitehead, Butler all contribute (have I forgotten anyone?).

It's great to see everyone involved and not be so predictable. I mean, with Burnham out it's nice that we have things covered so well.

Burnhnam should be back next game. Best hands in the CFL.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

So glad the Lions have a proper O line this year, makes such a huge difference. Rourke has been great, I went to the Hamilton game which was arguably his worst game of the season. Even when he's not 'On' he's still pretty good. The defense won us this game, which is what good teams will do. If one area is struggling the other will pick it up. I don't know if we're good enough to beat the Bombers or Stampeders in the playoffs, but I am really enjoying the season thus far. 

Lucky Whitehead is a class act too, came out to the fans at home and in Regina for autographs and pictures. Really liking the personalities on this team.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

On 8/1/2022 at 9:43 AM, Boudrias said:

The Seahawks have peaked and Russell is gone so I am back into the Lions camp. Roarke is fun to watch but the d-side is also much better. That said I watched the 

Calgary-Winnipeg game and they were very good. I think the Lions can build thru the season and challenge. 

Lol, for a brief moment I thought you were talking about Dan Russell & his sportstalk radio show.  Those were the days when listening to the radio was entertaining.  

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Lol, for a brief moment I thought you were talking about Dan Russell & his sportstalk radio show.  Those were the days when listening to the radio was entertaining.  

Best ever  sports show on radio, till circus time came along.

Two best ever guests on a sports radio show- Brian Burke and Rocket Rod Beaton, who unfortunately was diagnosed with Lewy Body dementia- and Parkinson's, dying at age 59. This guy was brilliant, an true encyclopedia of knowledge.

Caller " Rod, what do you think about the Marlins 6th best prospect?"

Instant answer " He's a 6 foot southpaw, throws a nasty slider, lacks a bit of control; may see him in the big league, in a couple of years.".  If everybody was on top of their gig like he was, the world would be a completely better place.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/obituaries/rod-beaton-usa-today-sportswriter-dies-at-59/2011/07/16/gIQAUPfqII_story.html

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1