The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

Wow.  What a bummer.  
Rourke was surprisingly bad today.  
Around 50% pass completion is a bad stat for even a bad QB, let alone someone like him. 
He buckled under the pressure.  

Where was the running game also?????

Our defence was picked apart by the Bombers running game.  

I didn’t expect us to win.  I really didn’t.  
But I didn’t think Rourke would suck. 

Now that this Lions' season is done, my big hope is that the team can keep building with an eye on that home field Grey Cup in 2024.  I fully intend on buying tickets.  Going to the Grey Cup is one of those things I have always wanted to do, and wouldn't it be awesome if the Lions could be in the game on home turf?

Edited by goalie13

2 hours ago, goalie13 said:

Now that this Lions' season is done, my big hope is that the team can keep building with an eye on that home field Grey Cup in 2024.  I fully intend on buying tickets.  Going to the Grey Cup is one of those things I have always wanted to do, and wouldn't it be awesome if the Lions could be in the game on home turf?

I was at the 2011 Grey Cup in BC Place to see the Lions beat the Bombers. One of my all time favourite days in sport and that was beyond just the victory. Grey Cups are so special with big groups of fans from every team all decked out in their colours out to have a good time and celebrate the CFL. The pregame festivities outside the dome were a blast meeting people from across the country.

More fun definitely when your team is in it but still such a good time even it they’re not!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, -DLC- said:

Damn....that should count as a TD. I don't care...after all that damn effort/running.

On that play, should the runner stop and down himself at the 1 yd line and let the offense take it in for the TD.  I mean that takes a bit of CFL IQ but players should know the rules?

Edited by Neversummer

14 hours ago, -DLC- said:

Tough loss for Nathan...he's a warrior and he gave it a good go.

Sure they lost but there is a lot to look forward too. A lot of youth on the Lions. It is hard to keep rosters together but hopefully they all come back, especially Rourke. Hoping he does because going to an NFL team to be a backup to the backup cannot be much fun. Another year with the Lions and a Grey Cup in the resume might get a better opportunity. 

As far as the game went it was all about the Winnipeg running game. They couldn't stop the guy. He won the game for them. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Sure they lost but there is a lot to look forward too. A lot of youth on the Lions. It is hard to keep rosters together but hopefully they all come back, especially Rourke. Hoping he does because going to an NFL team to be a backup to the backup cannot be much fun. Another year with the Lions and a Grey Cup in the resume might get a better opportunity. 

As far as the game went it was all about the Winnipeg running game. They couldn't stop the guy. He won the game for them. 

Not to mention the lack of a Lions run game including Rouke due to injury. We need to add a large back to compliment Butler. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Running game and special teams hurt the team? You don't say?:ph34r:

Still a good season, lot of progress made.:)

I believe Rourke will still be here next year, but his deal ends after next season.

If the team fixes those two issues, and remains healthy; next year could be record setting magic!:goat:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

It’s being reported that Nathan Rourke is going south to workout with an NFL team. No teams named as of yet. 

Can't blame him for wanting to earn a better living.  If this is it, I'm grateful for the season that he was able to give us and will be rooting for his success in the NFL.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Can't blame him for wanting to earn a better living.  If this is it, I'm grateful for the season that he was able to give us and will be rooting for his success in the NFL.

I currently don’t pay much attention to the NFL. If Nathan ends up down there I would certainly be watching his team closely and rooting for him. 

22 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

I currently don’t pay much attention to the NFL. If Nathan ends up down there I would certainly be watching his team closely and rooting for him. 

He will be manning a clip board for years. If he had a full season and won a Gray Cup then maybe not. 

What really hurt during that game was seeing Buck Pierce calling the offensive plays. Such a great Lion and we lose him to Winnipeg. It is like Dickensen coaching the Stamps. Pierce as a sounding board for Rourke. Make it happen BC Lions. 

• Cheers 1