The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

38 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

Money is a good attraction, but I believe NR, does NOT want to hold a clip board for two seasons down there.

I think that will depend on how much money and whether he sees a path to becoming the starter in a reasonable amount of time.

Personally, as much as I like Rourke, I feel quarterbacks of his size have a difficult time running an NFL offense.

1 hour ago, -DLC- said:

Let the young fella get his NFL aspirations out of his system. I am hoping we can keep him for another year at least. That NFL have + 300 pounders dancing around the field like gazelles. If one of those guys looked sideways at me I would likely have a heart attack. I was surprised to see a 3QB in the NFL can make $1.5 mil and a 2QB as much as $7 mil. The Lions would be stretched to pay him $500 k. 

• Thanks 1

I really have zero idea how drafting and signing players out of US college works, but I'd be doing everything I can to sign little brother Kurtis, if I was the Leos' brass....

It doesn't matter that he'll probably be drafted in the NFL as well, we just need his CFL rights.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, -DLC- said:

TO be completely honest the Alf’s have been to more Lion’s games in the last 20 years than Canucks.  Our football players don’t make big money.  They play because they love the game.  It’s a pleasure to support them.  Plus, there’s a special spot for my scooter that has a fabulous view!  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

On 11/15/2022 at 2:47 PM, RUPERTKBD said:

I think that will depend on how much money and whether he sees a path to becoming the starter in a reasonable amount of time.

Personally, as much as I like Rourke, I feel quarterbacks of his size have a difficult time running an NFL offense.

IF any of that money is guaranteed, then yes he will go, but if not, he'll be back next year to prove something to the NFL. His size has him listed at 6' 2", and he's mobile. He's not a big qb, but he's not a Flutie size either. Either way, he's got a huge decision to make, and so do the Lions. How much do they want to apply to the CFL cap to keep this young team together?