The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

Ever since Wilson got signed by us our D line has played alot better tonight, 4 sacks tonight. Reid with 2, Keyron with 1, Wilson with 1. D line looks significantly better, should help our success going forward.

Williams, Reid, Wilson, Jordan, Westerman, Smith, Taylor. Reminds me of the Hunt, Williams, Mitchell, Johnson D line which was the best 2-3 years ago.

Wally Buono can tell the future.... trades for Pierce right before Lulay gets hurt..

I hate to harp of Chapdelaine again, especially after he made the necessary adjustments to the protection scheme in order to avoid a repeat of the last game against the Als, (and the game in Hamilton) but the injury to Travis came down to poor play calling.

With a first and goal on the three, you hand the ball off to Andrew Harris....three times, if necessary. Instead, JC calls a pass play which doesn't account for a blitzing Chip Cox. Now it's 2nd and goal and the Leos have to pass, leaving Lulay vulnerable.......... ......we all saw what happened.

BTW: I think TL and the Leos are downplaying that injury. I've seen a lot of them in my time and that sure looked like a dislocated shoulder to me...

...if only Dante had stayed in bounds....

I hate to harp of Chapdelaine again, especially after he made the necessary adjustments to the protection scheme in order to avoid a repeat of the last game against the Als, (and the game in Hamilton) but the injury to Travis came down to poor play calling.

With a first and goal on the three, you hand the ball off to Andrew Harris....three times, if necessary. Instead, JC calls a pass play which doesn't account for a blitzing Chip Cox. Now it's 2nd and goal and the Leos have to pass, leaving Lulay vulnerable.......... ......we all saw what happened.

BTW: I think TL and the Leos are downplaying that injury. I've seen a lot of them in my time and that sure looked like a dislocated shoulder to me...

...if only Dante had stayed in bounds....

I agree with you on the play calling. Montreal lined up 8 guys on the line and it was obvious that they were bringing in the heat which meant some guy is going to come in unblocked. Since they wanted to pass, they needed a play that allowed Lulay to get rid of the ball a lot quicker.

Damn! Good thing we picked up Pierce.

-------------------------------------------

Travis Lulay will be sidelined two weeks with a shoulder injury before being re-evaluated. (Video to come on www.bclions.com)

Lulay's quotes:

"I'm not helping the team if I can't play so I want to get back as soon as possible."

"I don't regret trying to score on the play, it's just an unfortunate result."

On traveling to Regina and Winnipeg: "I'd like to travel and support Thomas and Buck the way they support me."

Edited by Grapefruits

I still think the Leos are being optimistic at this point. I can see Travis being out longer than two games. Hopefully I'm wrong.

The Riders are without Sheets and their play has slipped a bit lately, but BC has been lousy away from home this season and that's with Lulay in the lineup.

With the running game in rough shape, look for Durant to throw more often and look for Geroy to make a statement against his former team.

I think Jacques will be busy this week trying to simplify things for DeMarco a bit. We might just see an offense more reminiscent of last year's, where Harris gets a lot more touches, both on the ground and short passes.

I don't really like the Lions' chances, but maybe Demarco will surprise everybody the way Collaros has in Toronto.

On the plus side, how can you not like a quarterback who's initials are TD? B)