The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PHX-LA-ANA Trip

LouKesBurr

Back in 2011 I did a trip to LA and Anaheim to watch the Canucks play, and it was by far the best(regular season) games I've been to. This year I want to do it again but possibly add Phoenix to the mix. From people who have done these extended trips, is the extra flight to and from Phoenix a heavy load financially? Would it be cheaper to fly out of Bellingham? Or should I consult with a travel agent? Thanks.

BTW the dates for the games are March 21(Phoenix), March 23(LA), and March 24(Anaheim).

I say go for it. I've done that trip, except I went from LA to Phoenix, then Phoenix back to Calgary.

I took Southwestern to get from LA to Phoenix. I took a quick look and you can get a seat for $70 if you book online. Their calendar doesn't quite go to March yet, so I used the same day of the week, a few weeks earlier.

You don't even have to book all that far ahead either. You can get that same level of price just 2 weeks from now.

Edit: To be clear, I am talking about seats on the plane, not seats at the game.

Problem with Bellingham is the lack of direct flights to La, SF, or PHX... any flight from there on Alaska Air is going to go to Seattle and then a plan change. There is a Bus from Van to Sea-tac and also you could take the Amtrak to King St. Station and take the light rail to Sea-Tac... might be cheaper to just fly from Seattle.

I just picked some random dates in March and the price difference for leaving from Seattle rather than bellingham was $32 cheaper EACH WAY., so $64 cheaper to fly from Sea-tac than Bellingham... you'd have to check into the cost of getting to either place from Van and make your decision based on the time spent/distance and the price.

Archived