The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal/Discussion) Johnathan Huberdeau :)

Obviously there have been many dunb proposals for this guy that would never happen. Tallon said that he isn't willing to give up any of his top prospects as well. IMO GMs just do this in hopes of getting a low ball offer, and, in this case, Tallon is hoping to snag Luo for basically nothing. What I believe is that, at the right price, you will be able to pry out someone of high calibre like Huberdeau. You just have to pitch the right offer (which of course is not easy!!).

Here's my proposal:

To Vancouver:

F Johnathan Huberdeau

F Shawn Mattias

To Florida:

G Roberto Luongo

F Nicklas Jensen

D Chris Tanev

Why Florida does the trade:

From watching the Panthers in the 2012 playoffs they are in clear need of a solidified number one goalie. Jose Theodore simply didn't get the job done for them on a consistent basis. Of course Luongo eventually has to be moved out of Vancouver, and like he stated in his interview awhile back he would be willing to move back to Florida. So I believe that Florida would seriously consider this trade because they fix their goalie problems and become an instant additional cup threat in the East. On top of that they get Hansen a very good all-around player with lots of heart and grittiness. In Jensen they get a top level prospect that is no more than a year away from making the move to the NHL. Tanev is still young and is a solid defensive-minded player that is great at transitioning the puck out of the zone with his skating ability and that great first pass. And of course get a decent high draft pick with the draft being very deep in the next couple of years.

Why Vancouver does this trade:

The Canucks have two number one goalies on a high ranked, low cap-spaced team that has to move Luongo in the near future. Gillis has stated numerously times that he wants his team to get younger, so this trade does that in the presence of Johnathan Huberdeau. In regards to him, this guy will be top a notch type of player. For starters he is a Canadian born hockey player, and he's played in the World Juniors and dominated when he was on the ice. He can of course rack up the goals, but what makes him so good is that he finds a way to put the puck on the tape of a linemate in good-scoring areas, so he makes the players around him look very good, i.e. Mark Stone! His leadership and determination are impressive to witness. I think that he would be the perfect linemate to play along side Kesler! Who wouldn't want this guy on their team!

Please be gentle with your comments becaused I don't post very often!

What is your opinion of this proposal, and if you dont like it, post what you think would be fair.

Obviously there have been many dunb proposals for this guy that would never happen. Tallon said that he isn't willing to give up any of his top prospects as well. IMO GMs just do this in hopes of getting a low ball offer, and, in this case, Tallon is hoping to snag Luo for basically nothing. What I believe is that, at the right price, you will be able to pry out someone of high calibre like Huberdeau. You just have to pitch the right offer (which of course is not easy!!).

Here's my proposal:

To Vancouver:

F Johnathan Huberdeau

2nd round pick in 2013

To Florida:

G Roberto Luongo

F Jannik Hansen

F Nicklas Jensen

D Chris Tanev

1st round pick in 2013 or 2014

Why Florida does the trade:

From watching the Panthers in the 2012 playoffs they are in clear need of a solidified number one goalie. Jose Theodore simply didn't get the job done for them on a consistent basis. Of course Luongo eventually has to be moved out of Vancouver, and like he stated in his interview awhile back he would be willing to move back to Florida. So I believe that Florida would seriously consider this trade because they fix their goalie problems and become an instant additional cup threat in the East. On top of that they get Hansen a very good all-around player with lots of heart and grittiness. In Jensen they get a top level prospect that is no more than a year away from making the move to the NHL. Tanev is still young and is a solid defensive-minded player that is great at transitioning the puck out of the zone with his skating ability and that great first pass. And of course get a decent high draft pick with the draft being very deep in the next couple of years.

Why Vancouver does this trade:

The Canucks have two number one goalies on a high ranked, low cap-spaced team that has to move Luongo in the near future. Gillis has stated numerously times that he wants his team to get younger, so this trade does that in the presence of Johnathan Huberdeau. In regards to him, this guy will be top a notch type of player. For starters he is a Canadian born hockey player, and he's played in the World Juniors and dominated when he was on the ice. He can of course rack up the goals, but what makes him so good is that he finds a way to put the puck on the tape of a linemate in good-scoring areas, so he makes the players around him look very good, i.e. Mark Stone! His leadership and determination are impressive to witness. I think that he would be the perfect linemate to play along side Kesler! Who wouldn't want this guy on their team!

Please be gentle with your comments becaused I don't post very often!

What is your opinion of this proposal, and if you dont like it, post what you think would be fair.

You guys might be right, Maybe if they add in a defensive prospect or Shawn Mattias it would be more fair.

I feel that Chris Tanev can be replaced by Connauton and Hansen's position can be filled by Schroeder.

It maybe be alittle bit of an overpayment, but we are getting back a potential allstar first line palyer!

Huberdeau is their future 1st line centerman.

They'd need to get a center in return in a trade that they could build around as well, since that's their biggest need going forward, which is why they've drafted heavily at center.

Your trade is an over-payment, which they may not do, because it leaves a hole that even the over-payment can't fill.

Good try though.

florida is not gonna include huberdeau in a luongo trade!!!! just to try to get him, we would have to offer luongo, edler, tanev, a 1st rounder, and probably jensen. and thats WAY too much to pay. if we want to get a guy like him, were gonna have to suck for a few years.

Archived