The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(proposal) van-tb

to tb: ballard, 2013 2nd

to van: malone

malone is a good powerforward. he can likely be a 3rd or 2nd line winger. in the last 3 years he has put up 47, 38, and 48pts respectively. all 3 of booth kesler and malone are big and can throw there body around.

tb gets and upgrade on there defense. ballard can be a top 4 d-man in there system. he was playing well before he got injured and he preformed well in the playoffs aswell. i think his value isnt quite malones so we add a 2nd

our forward group would be like this now

D.Sedin H.Sedin Burrows

Malone Kesler Booth

Higgins Lapierre Hansen

Raymond Malholtra Kassian

/weise, ebbett, volpatti

what do you think of that? do we need to add? does tb need to add. is malone worth getting?

I don't know if they're looking for another expensive D-man. They have Carle, Hedman and Brewer for sure in their top 4, and Salo can play there as well (they certainly want him for special teams). That leaves Ballard potentially looking at a bottom pairing role again.

They have some ok young depth that is much cheaper, with Oberg playing for them a bit, and picking up Aulie last year. They also picked up Brian Lee from Ottawa and have MA Bergeron on the back end. And there's still a small hope they get back Ohlund.

I don't see where they'd put him if he's not an upgrade over anyone they already have in their top 4.

That would make Tampa's 6th highest paid D worth $3.6M, and strips them of their best LW. I don't think they would sign up for that.

On the Vancouver end, I'm also hoping that any incoming high-end, top-6 talent is durable enough to play 80 games. I don't think Malone is our man for that.

That would make Tampa's 6th highest paid D worth $3.6M, and strips them of their best LW. I don't think they would sign up for that.

On the Vancouver end, I'm also hoping that any incoming high-end, top-6 talent is durable enough to play 80 games. I don't think Malone is our man for that.

Archived