The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Value of]Blake Comeau

TACIC

Blake Comeau is a goal scorer with size ad power.Thy only problem is he's on Calgary :(.but if we can find the right deal for him he could play with the sedins.I know his season last year wasn't good but he can go to the net and play a sniping role with the sedins.He could hit 30+ goals easily with them and help our goal scoring and be a nice physical fit.Put proposals to show what you think his value is.If we acquire him we can unite the burrows-kesler combo.Post thoughts below.

NYI is so stupid, Calgary was gunna make a trade to get him but instead NYI put him on waivers and Calgary got him for free.

I would like to have him but we already have Higgins and Hansen in the spot he would play so there isn't any room for him.

NYI is so stupid, Calgary was gunna make a trade to get him but instead NYI put him on waivers and Calgary got him for free.

I would like to have him but we already have Higgins and Hansen in the spot he would play so there isn't any room for him.

Ok even if they were offering Stajan I would have done it, they are a team with a ton of cap space that wont make the playoffs, he would give them depth at center, so it would be a struggling player for struggling player, it's just a low risk probably low reward deal that you roll the dice on and atleast you get something in return.

They could have atleast got a 3rd rounder and maybe another pick aswell if they wanted to just get rid of him.

You said it yourself. They are a team with a ton of cap space that won't make the playoffs. So why spend the 3.5 mil? You're making it sound like 3.5 mil isn't a lot of money. For a small market team like NYI and I'm guessing a team that loses a ton of money every year, you save money when you can. Besides, Matt Stajan blows. Been in Calgary 3 years and has never hit double digit in goals in any of those 3 seasons. I agree with you if Calgary gave them a draft pick and the NYI didn't want it. That will make them stupid.

You said it yourself. They are a team with a ton of cap space that won't make the playoffs. So why spend the 3.5 mil? You're making it sound like 3.5 mil isn't a lot of money. For a small market team like NYI and I'm guessing a team that loses a ton of money every year, you save money when you can. Besides, Matt Stajan blows. Been in Calgary 3 years and has never hit double digit in goals in any of those 3 seasons. I agree with you if Calgary gave them a draft pick and the NYI didn't want it. That will make them stupid.

Raymond for Comeau may be a good trade of two players who need a change in scenary, and Mason is from Alberta so he may take well to playing in Calgary.

But I'm not a fan of trading Raymond right now, the kid has skill and Coach V just needs to find a way to bring it out on a consistent basis. I say keep Raymond on the third line and 1st unit PK and we'll all be happy. Maybe that Raymond has his buddy on the team he'll be a bit happier and play better.

Instead of taking in all these project, re-tread, has-beens players, how about we just let training camp decide what spots are open that no one stepped up to take? I would first look within and if that fails, look elsewhere. I see some opportunities for some younger players to stake a claim to a spot that might have not been there before. Just trolling for other teams rejects doesn't send the right message to the youth of this team.

Archived