The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PROPOSAL] VAN-CHI

BZRK

Mason Raymond and Michael Frolik, two players on their respective teams that have struggled. Both have had decent numbers in past seasons but have failed to do anythinbg good recently.

To Vancouver:

Michael Frolik

5th round pick 2013

To Chicago:

Mason Raymond

4th round pick 2013

Vancouver does this because they get a possible 3rd line centre

Chicago does this because they get a winger that would compliment their stars nicely

Luongo deal:

Luongo, Schroeder, Rodin, 1st, 4th for Matthias and Bugstad.

Ballard to NYI for 3rd round pick

NYI 3rd round pick for Clayton Stoner

Sign Dan Ellis 1 year @ 1.1

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Higgins

Hansen-Frolik-Matthias

Malholtra-Lapierre-Weise/Volpatti/Ebbett

Bieksa-Hamhuis

Edler-Garrison

Stoner-Tanev

Schneider

Ellis

Flame away.

Mason Raymond and Michael Frolik, two players on their respective teams that have struggled. Both have had decent numbers in past seasons but have failed to do anythinbg good recently.

To Vancouver:

Michael Frolik

5th round pick 2013

To Chicago:

Mason Raymond

4th round pick 2013

Vancouver does this because they get a possible 3rd line centre

Chicago does this because they get a winger that would compliment their stars nicely

Luongo deal:

Luongo, Schroeder, Rodin, 1st, 4th for Matthias and Bugstad.

Ballard to NYI for 3rd round pick

NYI 3rd round pick for Clayton Stoner

Sign Dan Ellis 1 year @ 1.1

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Higgins

Hansen-Frolik-Matthias

Malholtra-Lapierre-Weise/Volpatti/Ebbett

Bieksa-Hamhuis

Edler-Garrison

Stoner-Tanev

Schneider

Ellis

Flame away.

Raymond for Frolik is at best a lateral move. Not only does our pick get worse, we lose a player who helped bring in our big UFA signing, Garrison. To move him before the season starts we have to have a good reason, not just needing a change. It is possible he moves later on if he has trouble finding a spot, but that's not happening now.

We are way overpaying the Florida deal, and Florida is moving two centers they have faith in to get one back they don't. They already have a small center in Grimaldi in the wings as well, so I don't think they'd want to move two centers to us. Matthias isn't worth that much, and we aren't going to overpay to get Bjugstad.

The 3-way between us, NYI and Minny makes no sense, since we downgrade on D to get cap space we then don't use. Minny moves a D-man but doesn't have motivation too, so they likely wouldn't even accept. They have some good young D coming up, but no guarantees they'd stick in a season where they're expected to make the playoffs after big offseason moves.

Not much interesting there really, apart from getting Bjugstad, but even with that the price is prohibitive.

I too think we should hang on to Raymond for several reasons.

1) his value is next to nothing.

2) I think he showed signs of impoving after coming back last season (flashes here and there really)

3) I really think what he needs is a conditioning stint in the A. Let him ride the bus for a few weeks to get some perspective and let him dominate in a league that is less physically demanding and more forgiving when you fall down.

The third point I think would greatly help his confidence and really everything this guy is lacking is in the mental game at this point as he can skate fast still but seems very intimidated to take a puck to the net at full stride.

I too think we should hang on to Raymond for several reasons.

1) his value is next to nothing.

2) I think he showed signs of impoving after coming back last season (flashes here and there really)

3) I really think what he needs is a conditioning stint in the A. Let him ride the bus for a few weeks to get some perspective and let him dominate in a league that is less physically demanding and more forgiving when you fall down.

The third point I think would greatly help his confidence and really everything this guy is lacking is in the mental game at this point as he can skate fast still but seems very intimidated to take a puck to the net at full stride.

Archived