The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Van-Stl

To Vancouver:

Vladimir Tarasenko, Berglund.

To St.Louis

Alex Edler, Jannik Hansen

This is my first proposal, give me some suggestions and I will edit it.

Vancouver gets a perfect third line centre along with a top prospect.

St.Louis stacks up their defense even more and gets a great third or second liner.

To Vancouver: Cody Franson, Joe Colborne

To Toronto: Roberto Luongo, 3rd round pick

Vancouver helps there defense after losing Edler, gets a decent prospect.

Toronto gets an amazing goaltender and a pick.

It's probably close to fair.

The thing I don't like about this is what it does to our defense. We lost a 50 pt dman last year, and now we'd be losing another. Unless we get a solid puck moving defenseman in the Luongo trade (or by other means) I wouldn't even think about moving Edler.

It's probably close to fair.

The thing I don't like about this is what it does to our defense. We lost a 50 pt dman last year, and now we'd be losing another. Unless we get a solid puck moving defenseman in the Luongo trade (or by other means) I wouldn't even think about moving Edler.

Would be better not to give up Hansen. Replace Hansen with Raymond and a second and I would be for it. Or even just get rid of Hansen and Berglund out of the deal altogether.

I can't for the life of me understand why people want to trade Hansen. Anything you get back in return for him won't bring to the table what Hansen brings. He is the kind of versatile 3rd liner that are required for a championship team. Every team would love to pry Hansen from the Canucks for peanuts, not saying the return you speak of is peanuts but in reality, I don't see St. Louis even doing this trade and to me this would be the minimum I would accept to lose a piece like Hansen.

If building a Stanley Cup winning team is like a jigsaw puzzle and a matter of putting all the pieces in place, to me the piece that is Hansen is already what it needs to be and would be impossible to replace through trade and with a similar cap hit.

Maybe I am overvaluing Hansen but I have never seen a Canuck in all my years watching them bring it the way he does game in and game out every shift. He has earned everything he has and if all Canucks had his work ethic, tenacity and desire we wouldn't be talking about if the Canucks could win a cup soon but rather how many more can they win in this dynasty.

i cant see the blues giving up one of their top prospects, even if they get edler and hansen. as for the toronto deal, its not bad at all. seeing as how were probably gonna get hosed in any luongo trade, we could do alot worse.

Would be better not to give up Hansen. Replace Hansen with Raymond and a second and I would be for it. Or even just get rid of Hansen and Berglund out of the deal altogether.

I can't for the life of me understand why people want to trade Hansen. Anything you get back in return for him won't bring to the table what Hansen brings. He is the kind of versatile 3rd liner that are required for a championship team. Every team would love to pry Hansen from the Canucks for peanuts, not saying the return you speak of is peanuts but in reality, I don't see St. Louis even doing this trade and to me this would be the minimum I would accept to lose a piece like Hansen.

If building a Stanley Cup winning team is like a jigsaw puzzle and a matter of putting all the pieces in place, to me the piece that is Hansen is already what it needs to be and would be impossible to replace through trade and with a similar cap hit.

Maybe I am overvaluing Hansen but I have never seen a Canuck in all my years watching them bring it the way he does game in and game out every shift. He has earned everything he has and if all Canucks had his work ethic, tenacity and desire we wouldn't be talking about if the Canucks could win a cup soon but rather how many more can they win in this dynasty.

Archived