The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(article) 5 reasons Luongo should stay in Vancouver..... for now

Red-Haired_Shanks

Luo`s numbers are consistent or better than Marty Brodeur`s,Riviera.

Luongo did not have multiple HHOF d men protecting him and clearing his crease at any time during his career.

In fact,I fail to see a single one.

No Conn Smythe winners and no Norris winners guarding the Luongo blueline,either.

In fact,Luo has only played six seasons in Vancouver whereas Martin Brodeur had Scott Stevens for 11 years,Daneyko for 10 years, Rafalski for 10 years and Niedermayer for eleven years guarding his crease.

Brodeur had these NHL icons guard his blueline and crease for almost the exact same length of time Luongo has played his entire NHL career.

Luongo did not have multiple HHOF d men protecting him and clearing his crease at any time during his career.

No Conn Smythe winners and no Norris winners guarding the Luongo blueline,either.

In fact,Luo has only played six seasons in Vancouver whereas Martin Brodeur had Scott Stevens for 11 years,Daneyko for 10 years, Rafalski for 10 years and Niedermayer for eleven years guarding his crease.

Brodeur had these NHL icons guard his blueline and crease for almost the exact same length of time Luongo has played his entire NHL career.

well I certainly would hope so..

AV has done well but everything has its time.. I firmly believe that as far as who has done their job better, the decision should still go to Lu.

ive seen enough of AV and his playing favorites and stubborn habits.. I think a fresh voice and different plan of attck in the dressing room could do wonders for this club. but who knows..

Guest Gumballthechewy

Luongo should stay, I hate him but he's a great goalie and anyone who says otherwise is a fool, him and Cory together are an unbeatable pair but I just don't see it happening.

well I certainly would hope so..

AV has done well but everything has its time.. I firmly believe that as far as who has done their job better, the decision should still go to Lu.

ive seen enough of AV and his playing favorites and stubborn habits.. I think a fresh voice and different plan of attck in the dressing room could do wonders for this club. but who knows..

I would have to agree with you. I'm not a supporter of either of these guys anymore but yes, Luongo has done a better job. I feel AV is largely responsible for Luongo's playoff shortcomings, it wasn't hard to tell when he was going to be off his game and that d**k coach of ours left him in net time after time to get lit up.

There was no way av was sitting Lu at that time.....all we heard was the same line by mg and av that Lu was/is an elite goalie and that they were confident he gave the team a chance to win.....at the very least Lu was in net because of his contract amount. You can't just put it on av. The organization as a whole was to stubborn to change it up. They catered to Lu's ego and his massive contract.

This organisation blew it when they signed Luo just eight months after suffering back-to-back groin injuries.

Weeks after signing the 64 million dollar deal Luo had his third groin injury.

Luo made AV and Gillis.I believe they wanted the party to never end.

It wasn't catering to Luo so much as it was a real bad signing decision that went medically critical as soon as the deal was signed.

Gillis .org has gambled with a lot of players with medical issues.The Luo deal really hurt the Canucks insomuch that Luo had a huge trade value and instead of trading him at the height of his physical and market top-they saddled themselves with Luo.

It was a stinker of a decision.

With that said,with everything we now know I have stated all along it is better that we keep Luo as he is undervalued now and Cory will bring in a higher trade asset.

Too bad Gillis never figured that out prior to isolating Luo in game 5 vs LA.

Did Gillis just intend to ditch Luo after isolating him and dumping him as the #1?

Was there any plan? Gillis stated at his year end presser after year #2 on the job stated he "made it up as he went along" so I doubt there was any foresight.

That is the unsettling part ,as a fan.But hey,it makes for great theatre.

Archived