The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How long until every team wins the Stanley Cup

yogolol

How long do you think it will take for every team in the league to win the Stanley Cup? There are currently 11 teams that have never won the cup

Buffalo Sabres

Columbus Blue Jackets

Minnesota Wild

Nashville Predators

Ottawa Senators (expansion)

Phoenix Coyotes

San Jose Sharks

St. Louis Blues

Washington Capitals

Vancouver Canucks

Winnipeg Jets

Lets say no new teams get added to the league and it's just these 11 teams that need to win it, how long do you think it takes? Also who do you think will be the last team to win it?

Vancouver: Hopefully one year but in reality maybe two

Buffalo: 3 years - By then all of their young talent will have developed and they'll be a top 5 team in the league for a decade or so

St. Louis: 3 years - If everything goes well for them they'll have a bright future

Minnesota: 5 years - They need more depth on D to be able to contend. Everything else is solid

Nashville: 6 years - Losing Suter hurt, but by 2018 Weber will be in the prime of his career, and they're young guys will have developed by then

Ottawa: 4 years - By then Alfie will have retired and players like Turris, Cowen, Zibanejad, Noesen, Puempel and Silfverberg will be developed, which would make Ottawa a scary team to play against

Phoenix: ???? - The ?'s are there because who know's if the Coyotes will still be around in a couple of years

San Jose: 7 years - By then, Thornton and Marleau will have retired and Couture and Pavelski will be the new faces of the franchise

Washington: 3 years - They had a strong playoffs this year and should continue to get better in the coming years

Winnipeg: Within this decade - They need a couple more top 4 defensemen to be able to go late into the post season

Columbus: 11 years - They will be the last no Cup team to win Lord Stanley's Mug

Vancouver: Hopefully one year but in reality maybe two

Buffalo: 3 years - By then all of their young talent will have developed and they'll be a top 5 team in the league for a decade or so

St. Louis: 3 years - If everything goes well for them they'll have a bright future

Minnesota: 5 years - They need more depth on D to be able to contend. Everything else is solid

Nashville: 6 years - Losing Suter hurt, but by 2018 Weber will be in the prime of his career, and they're young guys will have developed by then

Ottawa: 4 years - By then Alfie will have retired and players like Turris, Cowen, Zibanejad, Noesen, Puempel and Silfverberg will be developed, which would make Ottawa a scary team to play against

Phoenix: ???? - The ?'s are there because who know's if the Coyotes will still be around in a couple of years

San Jose: 7 years - By then, Thornton and Marleau will have retired and Couture and Pavelski will be the new faces of the franchise

Washington: 3 years - They had a strong playoffs this year and should continue to get better in the coming years

Winnipeg: Within this decade - They need a couple more top 4 defensemen to be able to go late into the post season

Columbus: 11 years - They will be the last no Cup team to win Lord Stanley's Mug

It is hard to see the future of each franchise's player development. All it takes is a few years of mismanagement and a teams progress to becoming a contender can be completely undone.

In the next decade I only see 6 teams maybe winning the cup.

Vancouver, St. Louis, Buffalo, Ottawa, Florida and Minnesota. These 6 are either a true contender now (Vancouver, St. Louis.) Have made changes that could see them become a contender (Minnesota) or have a lot of young talent in the works (Ottawa, Buffalo, Florida).

A few teams listed I see about to have a downward trend and will most likely go through a rebuild in 5 years (San Jose, Washington)

Phoenix and Nashville are both financially about to have problems, especially with the recent Rinne and Weber signings, I feel they will have a hard time remaining competitive in a few years time and will take a while to get back in contention.

The Jets and Blue Jackets are FAR from being a Stanley Cup contender in my opinion. One team has been misamanaged to hell. The other is not an attractive location for large names to want to sign to, even though it is a canadian market.

I see the Florida Panthers as a wild card, if their huge amount of blue chip prospects develop into the players they are projected to become, and management maintains their push for big names. They could contend as early as 2014.

My prediction?

not until roughly the 80's. But at least 5 of these teams will have a cup by 2030. I just hope the Canucks are one of them.

Archived