The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[DISCUSSION] Blake Wheeler

BZRK

I watched probably 65 Jets games last year. I wouldn't say he was better than Kane, but he drew less attention on the ice and got better chances. The Jets would probably be loathe to move him, because he's a great worker and seriously good in the dressing room. If you consider that value, Raymond+Edler+2nd doesn't seem unreasonable, but on paper it's such a bad deal that there's no chance it would ever go down.

Personally, I've long been a proponent of moving Buff to Vancouver for Bieksa, Raymond and a pick. Is that unreasonable?

I watched probably 65 Jets games last year. I wouldn't say he was better than Kane, but he drew less attention on the ice and got better chances. The Jets would probably be loathe to move him, because he's a great worker and seriously good in the dressing room. If you consider that value, Raymond+Edler+2nd doesn't seem unreasonable, but on paper it's such a bad deal that there's no chance it would ever go down.

Personally, I've long been a proponent of moving Buff to Vancouver for Bieksa, Raymond and a pick. Is that unreasonable?

For starters, why do they want to trade Wheeler?

I can bet they don't; so why would adding Higgins (who is UFA next year) make much difference? And where Tanev is a handy depth D they don't specifically need him either as they have a good young defence.

The Jets need a premium scorer and to stay young as they build. The only scenario I see is Higgins as a temporary sub for Wheeler and Jensen IF they buy he has more upside? That appears a trade that helps both teams.

But I also wonder if Gillis would continue to trade his better young prospects at this stage?

Higgens,Tanev, 2nd

And talks get started

Archived